Help Needed: Error Codes in VCPHumanPoseImageRequest.mm[85] and NSArrayM insertObject

Hey all 👋🏼

We're currently working on a video processing project using the Vision framework (face, body and hand pose detection), and We've encountered a couple of errors that I need help with. We are on Xcode 16 Beta 3, testing on an iPhone 14 Pro running iOS 18 beta.

The error messages are as follows:

[LOG_ERROR] /Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/MediaAnalysis/VideoProcessing/VCPHumanPoseImageRequest.mm[85]: code 18,446,744,073,709,551,598

encountered an unexpected condition: *** -[__NSArrayM insertObject:atIndex:]: object cannot be nil

What we've tried:

1. Debugging: I’ve tried stepping through the code, but the errors occur before I can gather any meaningful insights.
  2. Searching Documentation: Looked through Apple’s developer documentation and forums but couldn’t find anything related to these specific error codes.
  3. Nil Check: Added checks to ensure objects are not nil before inserting them into arrays, but the error persists.

Here are my questions:

1. Has anyone encountered similar errors with the Vision framework, specifically related to VCPHumanPoseImageRequest and NSArray operations?
  2. Is there any known issue or bug in the version of the framework I might be using? Could it also be related to the beta?
  3. Are there any additional debug steps or logging mechanisms I can implement to narrow down the cause?
  4. Any suggestions on how to handle nil objects more effectively in this context?

I would greatly appreciate any insights or suggestions you might have. Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Thanks all!

This error looks like it may be related to a rare issue in the iOS 18 beta triggered by performing both hand pose and body pose detection under certain conditions. If you could provide more details about the specific requests used and how they are configured, or even better some code that reproduces the problem and/or a sysdiagnose report, we could confirm what the issue is and suggest a workaround.

Help Needed: Error Codes in VCPHumanPoseImageRequest.mm[85] and NSArrayM insertObject

Q