application-identifier error when submitting re-signed app

We have an app that was provided to us by a third-party developer. I do not have access to the source code or the xcodeproj file for this app. I have re-signed the app, using the iResign utility, with a distribution certificate and an App Store provisioning profile that I created in our developer account. I extracted the entitlements.plist file from the app using codesign, and updated it, replacing the third-party developer's Team ID and bundle ID, and assigned it an bundle ID that is from an App ID that I also created in the developer portal. Our team ID is "12A345BCDE", and the bundle ID value is "com.myiosapp". The iResign process is successful. I have the "Change ID" box checked on iResign, with the new bundle ID value provided in the field.

When I submit the app using Application Loader, I get multiple instances of this error:

ERROR ITMS-90046: "Invalid Code Signing Entitlements. Your application bundle's signature contains code signing entitlements that are

not supported on iOS. Specifically, value '12A345BCDE.com.myiosapp' for key 'application-identifier' in

'Payload/myiosapp.app/Frameworks/KeychainItemWrapper.framework/KeychainItemWrapper'

is not supported. This value should be a string starting with your TEAMID, followed by a dot '.', followed by the bundle identifier."

The application-identifier value actually is our TeamID, followed by a dot, followed by the bundle identifier. I can't figure out why it's unhappy with that value, or how to fix it. Any help would be much appreciated.

Replies

Hi i am facing the same issue. Did you solve it? if so, please share the solution.

I have the exact same problem.

If anyone faces the same issue just as I did in 2023. This was the solution that finally resolved it.

Framework has to be signed along with the app if you are going to use different signer

codesign -f -s "Distribution Certificate Name" MyApp.app/Frameworks/*

then sign the app again

codesign -f -s "Distribution Certificate Name" MyApp.app

https://gist.github.com/chaitanyagupta/9a2a13f0a3e6755192f7?permalink_comment_id=1812865#gistcomment-1812865