Music widget permanently on lock screen?

Can’t seem to figure out how to get rid of the music player on the lock screen. Even with no music playing it’s there. Anyone else seeing this? http://tinypic.com/r/10ghbgh/9

Better link to image http://imgur.com/a/ESoSg

kill the app which last played music.

I'm seeing the same problem, as well as an issue where the phone orientation will occasionally cause only part of the widgit to be visible. Killing the app that was playing music (or video) has no impact on this.

I think its not just widget. I have seen the netflix widget stuck on the lock screen even though i had sportify running in the background. Had to restart the phone for the widget to disappear!

Not only do i see this but when i connect my iPhone to my car via the USB it doesn't display all of the playlists i created and will not let me skip forward through the tracks using the car's controls.

The display on my car stays the same, too. If the first song that is discovered comes on the car display, it stays that way, even if i use the itunes app to skip forward to another track.

It was working before the upgrade so i'm sure it's the Beta upgrade that caused it.

Submit a bug report?

Did a hard reset. Appears to be working fine now.

Hard reset seems to be the only thing that works, but then it comes back. I am to the fu**ing boiling point now with this effing bug. Please Apple, fix it. I don't want to have to restart my GD phone 5 times a day because the music widget is on the lock screen.

Yes hard reset seems to be only fix, and that only works until the next time you open podcasts, Pandora, etc., anything that plays audio, then you are back to the same problem. I hope Apple sees this as the annoying bug that it is and not an unwanted "benefit" of the OS.

Having the same issue. It comes on when I turn off my car so I think it might be a bluetooth issue. I rebooted the phone, didn't play any media, and it still appeared on the lock screen. Hope Apple fixes this soon!

Update: I reset my phone and went to a meeting. When I came out, the music player was on my lock screen. No bluetooth, no media was played. It just appeared. My next step is to delete the music app and reinstall it. But I think I'll lose all my playlists. 😟

So are we basically just waiting for a software update to fix this? Do you think anyone at the Apple store could help?

I think I have a solution (it worked for me at least).

Try this:

• "Settings"
  • "TouchID&Passcode" (enter your passcode)
  • Scroll down to "Today View"
  • Turn the lever/switch to "off"
  • Close settings
  • Lock screen

Hope this works for you folks. I was glad I did not have to "reset all settings" as Apple Tech Support suggested.

BTW this came from "IPhone Topics" on YouTube

I deleted iMusic a few weeks back since I never use it and it always tries to launch and interfere with my cars Bluetooth when I want to listen to Spotify or Pandora. Now this stupid app link is on my lock screen. We pay too **** much for these phones to be forced to use their stupid proprietary apps. I’m beginning to hate Apple.

Had the same problem with my X. It seemed to be activated from my hands free in my car. I deleted my phone from Bluetooth, reconnected & now no problem

I just downloaded ios14 and this problem is back. The lock screen always has the apple music widget on it. I have an SE and it blocks all the other notifications. I can not move it out of the way or clear it. I have never used apple music. All the suggestions from the past posts are already turned off on my phone and the other day I deleted the app on the new screen that shows all apps. Apparently although I cant see it anywhere on my phone. its still running and the widget keeps popping up. Please Apple fix this! It makes all of my notifications useless. Does anyone have a suggestion to stop it.
Thanks in advance.
I just updated my iPhone 11 Pro to 14.2 and now I have this issue as well, when my headset is connected the widget appears with "not playing" which is extremely annoying is it's gigantic and I'm sure as others have mentioned it will prevent seeing other notifications easily. I have an iPhone 12 Pro with 14.2 and that doesn't seem to have the issue.
Same issue - Iphone SE 2020, whenever I plug in a headset or pair a Bluetooth audio device even without playing any audio the audio playback widget shows on the lockscreen / Notification Center. It seems to disappear after a while when no music plays but then shows back again when for example any sound is being generated in any app like scrolling down to refresh.
Same issue with iphone 11 pro. I have tried everything to get it off. It's almost to the point of me gong out and buying a new Galaxy Note if it isn't fixed soon. Apple this is unacceptable. I don't even have any music on my phone. Make it go away!!
Yes, I am seeing this issue like others with the newest iOS when I have my AirPods in my ears, despite no audio playing.

This feature functions as normal when audio is playing, but the issue is that the giant widget remains on lock screen and notification when there are no apps open or playing, taking up majority of the screen.

Forced restart did not solve the issue. So maybe a Bluetooth issue? I noticed Bluetooth issues with linking to my car yesterday as well. Could all be related? Pair and unpair again?
Yes i have this too, started a bout 2 weeks after last update...??? Very bizarre and frustrating when music suddenly starts playing
Go to settings - Music - turn off "Show Apple Music" - Done.
This is extremely frustrating.. the music app just won’t disappear. I tried un installing too, but it still would remain on the lock screen. Help !
Settings > Notification > Music > Alerts Column > Un-tick “Lock Screen”

Music widget permanently on lock screen?

Q