Music widget permanently on lock screen?

Can’t seem to figure out how to get rid of the music player on the lock screen. Even with no music playing it’s there. Anyone else seeing this? http://tinypic.com/r/10ghbgh/9

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of cozyboy Down vote post of cozyboy
215k views
  • I am not a fan of Apple, and just started using it with iPhone 6S for office purposes. I was having the same issue. Here's what I did: Firstly, closed all the running apps from the background by double tapping the home button and then swiping up. Secondaly, opened Safari, and closed all the running Tabs, and then closed Safari by following the step 1 again. Last and final step, opened the Music app, and fully closed it again. And that's all. The Music Widget is now magically gone from my lockscreen. I hope that it works for other people too!

• Had same problem but this worked for me. At your home screen, click the gear icon (settings) to visit device settings. Then what you have to do is open the notifications tab. You have to find and click on Music and slide the notification toggle to disable it. Restart your iPhone after doing so and the music app lock screen problem should be fixed easily.

• I Had the same problem on my iPad. I followed Nana24's steps and solved the issue. Thanks !!

Replies

Had the same problem with my X. It seemed to be activated from my hands free in my car. I deleted my phone from Bluetooth, reconnected & now no problem

I just downloaded ios14 and this problem is back. The lock screen always has the apple music widget on it. I have an SE and it blocks all the other notifications. I can not move it out of the way or clear it. I have never used apple music. All the suggestions from the past posts are already turned off on my phone and the other day I deleted the app on the new screen that shows all apps. Apparently although I cant see it anywhere on my phone. its still running and the widget keeps popping up. Please Apple fix this! It makes all of my notifications useless. Does anyone have a suggestion to stop it.
Thanks in advance.
I just updated my iPhone 11 Pro to 14.2 and now I have this issue as well, when my headset is connected the widget appears with "not playing" which is extremely annoying is it's gigantic and I'm sure as others have mentioned it will prevent seeing other notifications easily. I have an iPhone 12 Pro with 14.2 and that doesn't seem to have the issue.
Same issue - Iphone SE 2020, whenever I plug in a headset or pair a Bluetooth audio device even without playing any audio the audio playback widget shows on the lockscreen / Notification Center. It seems to disappear after a while when no music plays but then shows back again when for example any sound is being generated in any app like scrolling down to refresh.
Same issue with iphone 11 pro. I have tried everything to get it off. It's almost to the point of me gong out and buying a new Galaxy Note if it isn't fixed soon. Apple this is unacceptable. I don't even have any music on my phone. Make it go away!!
Yes, I am seeing this issue like others with the newest iOS when I have my AirPods in my ears, despite no audio playing.

This feature functions as normal when audio is playing, but the issue is that the giant widget remains on lock screen and notification when there are no apps open or playing, taking up majority of the screen.

Forced restart did not solve the issue. So maybe a Bluetooth issue? I noticed Bluetooth issues with linking to my car yesterday as well. Could all be related? Pair and unpair again?
Yes i have this too, started a bout 2 weeks after last update...??? Very bizarre and frustrating when music suddenly starts playing
Go to settings - Music - turn off "Show Apple Music" - Done.
  • This is not a thing

Add a Comment
This is extremely frustrating.. the music app just won’t disappear. I tried un installing too, but it still would remain on the lock screen. Help !
Settings > Notification > Music > Alerts Column > Un-tick “Lock Screen”

Un-ticked, turned off, removed from widgets, rebooted, etc. etc. etc. and it still keeps coming back. Is it because I have a subscription to a competing service? iPad Pro with AirPods and headset. It started after updating to 14.2.
i believe that turning off suggestions on the lock screen is a workaround for this annoying bug. Let’s hope that they fix it soon. Settings>notifications>Siri & search
One Solution
Closing the Music app will remove it from the Lock Screen.

More Testing
If you lock it with the Music app open, then it will show when you go to unlock the iPad.

Any media app open + most recently played when you locked the screen will show up as a Lock Screen Notification. E.g., if you have Pandora and Netflix open it will show the notification of the app that was last played before it locked.

Turning off the app Lock Screen notification in Settings >Notifications>[app], does not remove it from the Lock Screen😟

I assume this is working as Apple intended, and not a bug, but I would like to have the choice to keep it turned off.
  • This is the most accurate diagnosis I have yet seen. None of the other 'solutions' seem to work at all. So it really does seem that the only way to stop this happening is to kill whatever program you were using before you put the phone to sleep

Add a Comment
None of the solutions provided here actually work. They may seem to work, but the player keeps coming back. A bit of a work-around, but it seems to work here: keep your headset turned off and your AirPods boxed until *after* you turn on your iPhone/iPad. Someone at Apple must have had a bad night and assumed that any time you use your headset/AirPods, you want to play music using the Apple player.
I have no suggestions turned on, no notifications, no nothing. The player app doesn't show when no bluetooth audio devices are connected, but does always appear on the lock screen when a bluetooth audio device is connecting when I open the iPad. On my iPhone, the music app isn't even included in the list of 'included controls', but always shown. It's not a feature, it's a total nuisance.
You go to “Siri and Search” then go to “Music” and turn off “Show Suggestions from App” under Lockscreen!
  • This right here 👆 worked for me. Thanks!

• This worked for me! Thank you for the suggestion.

• Yes, this works, many thanks.

Add a Comment