Music widget permanently on lock screen?

Can’t seem to figure out how to get rid of the music player on the lock screen. Even with no music playing it’s there. Anyone else seeing this? http://tinypic.com/r/10ghbgh/9

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of cozyboy Down vote post of cozyboy
215k views
  • I am not a fan of Apple, and just started using it with iPhone 6S for office purposes. I was having the same issue. Here's what I did: Firstly, closed all the running apps from the background by double tapping the home button and then swiping up. Secondaly, opened Safari, and closed all the running Tabs, and then closed Safari by following the step 1 again. Last and final step, opened the Music app, and fully closed it again. And that's all. The Music Widget is now magically gone from my lockscreen. I hope that it works for other people too!

• Had same problem but this worked for me. At your home screen, click the gear icon (settings) to visit device settings. Then what you have to do is open the notifications tab. You have to find and click on Music and slide the notification toggle to disable it. Restart your iPhone after doing so and the music app lock screen problem should be fixed easily.

• I Had the same problem on my iPad. I followed Nana24's steps and solved the issue. Thanks !!

Replies

having same issue with my iPhone 12 Pro Max. It seems to happen when I have my AirPod in regardless as to whether or not I’m listening to music. My music setting is turned off and the notifications so I shouldn’t be saying anything. I did the below suggestion from two years ago and it actually worked.

I think I have a solution (it worked for me at least).

Try this:
"Settings"
"TouchID&Passcode" (enter your passcode)
Scroll down to "Today View"
Turn the lever/switch to "off"
Close settings
Lock screen
Hope this works for you folks. I was glad I did not have to "reset all settings" as Apple Tech Support suggested.

Posted 2 years ago by Rael626 
Having same issue with brand new iPhone 12 iOS 14.2.1 and AirPods. Applies all suggestions on this post. Cannot get rid of AirPod notification on Lock Screen and it is hindering ability to see more important notifications. I would regard this as a major bug.
Siri & search > app clips> toggle off “ learn from app and show in search. Works !
This is the only thing that has worked for me from Albreiki. Now the widget only appears if the AirPods are in my ears and when back in the box the widget disappears.
What an annoying problem. Just got the new iPhone 12 Pro, and I tried everything that everyone suggested with no success. The widget still appeared as someone else stated to show me I was using my AirPods. The below steps finally worked for me- I did also delete my music app for now (did that before the steps below). Yes, it is really that big of a nuisance for me... Hope this works for you too- if you are willing to delete the app. Happy Holidays!

Settings.
Siri and Search.
Under “Siri Suggestions”, uncheck everything(turn everything off- no green showing).
Then scroll down and find the Music icon.
Under “On Home Screen”, uncheck everything
  • This worked for me. Weird, because I don't use Siri. Turning it off took the Music widget off the locked home screen. This is a problem that Apple should fix. It is annoying. When it was on the locked home screen, Music would play whenever I got into my car.

Add a Comment
What an annoying problem. I used to love my iPhone. No more. When I plug in headset, the music widget - which is so big it blanks out the entire screen blocking things I WANT to see - and says "Music not playing." Well, duh, I'm trying to make a phone call by replying to what just got blocked out by the stupid music widget. I tried all the suggestions on this thread and even uninstalled the music app. Turned off everything I could find. Nope, some engineer at Apple things I might like to be annoyed like this. Really stupid. I hope they fix it.
The steps described below by Albreiki, and also in more detail by 1Kash are what eventually worked for me (so far).
Enough of the annoying widget. I deleted the app and canceled my subscription to Apple music, Apple News, and Apple TV. The widget came back after reboot but but at least the player shouldn't begin playing when it connects to the vehicle stereo system.

No reason to pay to be annoyed.
Thank you, 1Kash you’re a hero or heroine
I've also been plagued by this glitch, but I've been determined to find a solution. Contacting Apple Support was also futile as some have already mentioned. And other "solutions" here have not worked for me nor the community it seems either. So the challenge was afoot and I think I've found a "solution".

I've tried this about a dozen times now & every time it has worked perfectly for me. I simply shut off WiFi from the Settings app, not the Control Center & leave it off for about 5 minutes & when I turn it back on, the lockscreen music player widget is gone. I've even watched as the widget simply disappeared from the lockscreen.

I'm guessing that there is a timeout limit and since WiFi is off & no connection can be found to an AirPlay device, it simply times out & disappears. I've experimented with shorter time lengths, but 5 minutes or more seems to be the magic number for me.

I know this is still not a real solution & it's still a slight nuisance, but, at least for now, I think we have a temporary fix.

Please let me know if this "solution" works for you guys as well. Enjoy!
For me I opened Settings, scrolled until I found Notifications, clicked on Siri Suggestions, then scrolled down until I found the Apple Music logo and switched the Green Lever off and it worked for me. You all could try this method and see the results and see if it helps.
  • Just got updated to ios15 and this was the culprit for me.

Add a Comment
Just figured out that the music app was open on my iWatch. as soon as i closed it on the watch, it was gone from the lock screen on my phone. Let me know if that works for you.

Is anyone else having an issue with Apple Music saying it’s playing on the setting page?? (Like the page you go to turn wifi on without going into settings) It’s super annoying for a person with OCD to open music just to close it to get rid of the thing. It never did it with Spotify. And it will pop up there hours from the app being shut Off…. And hard and soft booting it doesn’t help. Ugh.

hey! the answer to your question is not what you think. it actually has to do with siri and search. and this allows it to stay on your lock screen! just go to siri and turn it off.

• Searched for hours for this one single comment. Updated to iOS 15 and ever since then, every time I’d connect to the BlueTooth in my car I would get a widget showing on my Lock Screen of music and podcasts. It’s been driving me absolutely nuts. I’d rather just connect, and then manually pick what I’d like to listen to without having suggestions.

Hopefully, this “trick” will help. It’s the only thing I’ve read in the last few hours that makes any logical sense. So thank you SSimmons for saying to check Siri (which I’ve disabled the main function).

Add a Comment

I removed the app Music and restart iPhone.