Music widget permanently on lock screen?

Can’t seem to figure out how to get rid of the music player on the lock screen. Even with no music playing it’s there. Anyone else seeing this? http://tinypic.com/r/10ghbgh/9

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of cozyboy Down vote post of cozyboy
215k views
  • I am not a fan of Apple, and just started using it with iPhone 6S for office purposes. I was having the same issue. Here's what I did: Firstly, closed all the running apps from the background by double tapping the home button and then swiping up. Secondaly, opened Safari, and closed all the running Tabs, and then closed Safari by following the step 1 again. Last and final step, opened the Music app, and fully closed it again. And that's all. The Music Widget is now magically gone from my lockscreen. I hope that it works for other people too!

• Had same problem but this worked for me. At your home screen, click the gear icon (settings) to visit device settings. Then what you have to do is open the notifications tab. You have to find and click on Music and slide the notification toggle to disable it. Restart your iPhone after doing so and the music app lock screen problem should be fixed easily.

• I Had the same problem on my iPad. I followed Nana24's steps and solved the issue. Thanks !!

Replies

iPhone 13 ProMax: Settings...Podcasts...Notification...De-select Lock Screen... Show Previews (NEVER)... done

Go to settings>notifications>scroll down to music and tap on it>scroll down to the bottom where it says show previews>click on that and set it to “Never”

• This is not working. This annoying widget always return. This is a bug and it looks reported 4 years ago so or no one in apple want to solve it or apple do not have regression for this and with new version the issue appear again.

• This might be connected with HomePod mini. When iPhone is in the same network the widget appears even if widget is disabled in iPhone configuration. This is strange as configuration should finally decide. Please check the issue together with HomePod in the network.

Add a Comment

Happened last night (1-31-2022) not sure what I clicked on, but the widget is on the Lock Screen and I cannot get rid of it.

I do not WANT to download the Music App, I do not use it.

I know how to get rid of it! You go into YouTube and click on any video. Pause the video after you click on it. Close the YouTube app completely, and it should be gone. Worked for me 😊

• Yooooo u r the real mvp here. Thanks!

• Yes, that solution worked for me too, AEL0516. . Many thanks.

• Thank you for this, after reading through everyones answer and trying various suggestions, this one finally worked.

I deleted the Youtube app and the problem stopped.

Seems like we’re all caught up in the tech bro wars!

I tried everything else suggested here, but nothing helped. Then the following worked for me: go to the "widget panel" by swiping right on the home screen. Scroll down to the very bottom and click the "Edit" button. If the "Music" widget is on, turn it off, and if it's off, turn it on and then off again. Then click "Done," and then restart phone. If that doesn't work, try restarting the phone twice: once after turning the "Music" widget on, then again after turning the "Music" widget off. Try various combinations of this until it works— it did the trick on 2 different phones of mine. I think it's definitely a "widget" issue!

Don's un-install the app or restart or anything.

The widget on lock screen will show no music playing. To fool it.. Just use the widget to open whichever it is pointing to. It might point to music or youtube. Over there actually play something and then kill the app. That's it !!!

Add a Comment

The Siri / Suggestions seem to have done the trick for me, but I'm still not sure. It goes away when we close the Music app, but seems not to return when Siri / Suggestions is off.

Open youtube, play a video, pause it, then minimize and close the video, then close youtube.

• Tried everything listed here and everywhere else I saw in the web, and NOTHING works. The minute I play any music number, the widget is back on the lock screen. What I do is to hit the home key twice, swipe up on the music app screen to remove it from the list and hit the home button again, and then it stops appearing on the lock screen. But that is only a temporary fix; as soon as you play another music number it's back on the lock screen again. What a stupid "feature" and it's so typical of Apple to have this annoying bug around for so long and never fix it in spite of all the comments and complaints. The have to be aware of this but simply put their heads in the sand and take the "up yours" approach.

• This is the only thing on this thread that worked for me!

• Man, there are sooooo many things wrong with the Apple iPhone interface, sooooo many hoops the user has to jump through!!! Look at how many issues people have with what should be intuitive operation. I just bought an iPhone but I have been on Samsung for years. Sorry, but Samsung has a 1000% better eco system/interface/whatever you want to call it. Apple, you need to totally revamp your interface so users don't have to contact you and search for fixes that should never be issues! Good luck!

Add a Comment

I know I am late to the game here but I was having this issue... then I realized it started up after I installed Facebook app on my phone. I deleted the Facebook app and it went away. Maybe that is the issue for some of you. Good luck!

It may have been because your browser played some audio and that task couldn’t end properly. The easiest way for me to overcome this was I played a music in browser for example I played a random word pronunciation on google and then opened control center and replayed that audio there from music widget (you can also replay it from notification bar) and then I removed the browser from recent apps and phew it was gone.

Believe it or not, the problem still exists in 2022. What's the fix, Apple? Can't find it here.