Swift Playgrounds on iPad: “Failed to Fetch Teams — Your session has expired” blocks App Store Connect upload

Hi everyone,

I’m unable to select my developer team or upload my app to App Store Connect from Swift Playgrounds on my iPad.

Both of these actions produce the same error:

  1. Open the app project → Team & Bundle Identifier → Team.
  2. Select Upload to App Store Connect.

The error reads:

“Failed to Fetch Teams Your session has expired. Please log in.”

No team appears for me to select, so I cannot proceed with uploading the app.

My account status:

  • Apple Developer Program membership is active.
  • Paid Apps Agreement is Active.
  • Bank account is Active.
  • I can sign in to App Store Connect through a browser.
  • Activating the Paid Apps Agreement and banking information did not resolve the error.

I reported this to Apple Developer Support on September 15 and provided a screen recording showing both failures. A Senior Advisor has now recommended asking in this forum.

Has anyone encountered this exact error and resolved it? Is there a specific way to refresh the developer-account session used by Swift Playgrounds, or any diagnostic information I can collect to identify the cause?

Thank you.

Swift Playgrounds on iPad: “Failed to Fetch Teams — Your session has expired” blocks App Store Connect upload
 
 
Q