New submission stuck in review for 3 weeks, expedite or support ticket didn't help.

Submitted my third brand new on 15 Sep. Three weeks later it's still sitting in "Waiting for Review". Sent an expedite request on the 27th, heard nothing.

By now the build in review is already pretty outdated, and I might have to wait another two weeks after sending the newer version. But I don't want to pull it and end up at the back of the queue.

Anyone else seeing waits this long right now? And if it gets approved, does an update usually go through faster, or should I swap the build while I'm waiting?

Anyone else seeing waits this long right now?

It has been a non-stop deluge since February, 2026. I'm seeing about 20 new posts per day on the topic. So I guess the answer to your question is "yes".

And if it gets approved, does an update usually go through faster

There's no way to extrapolate information from nothing. I can tell you what people say here in the forums. I can't tell you what people don't say.

I can tell you that I have seen numerous examples of people with established accounts and submission history unexpectedly hit with review delays.

And curiously, people who encounter unexpected delays measured in hours seem much more upset than those with delays measured in weeks.

should I swap the build while I'm waiting?

That would be an effective strategy for ensuring that your latest build is always in queue.

Sent an expedite request

It seems like everyone does this now. Given that Apple is now using AI for reviews, it's possible that any developer action may be fed back into the review model. So if there are strategies that seem popular among the people posting here in the forums about their delays, rejections, and account terminations, it might be a good idea to avoid those strategies.

New submission stuck in review for 3 weeks, expedite or support ticket didn't help.
 
 
Q