Hello Apple Developer Community,
I’m posting here because I have exhausted the available channels to resolve an issue concerning the termination of my Apple Developer Program membership, and I’m struggling to obtain a meaningful response or clarification.
After receiving the termination notice, I submitted an appeal and attempted to contact the Apple Developer Support team by phone to understand the decision and explore whether there was any possibility of resolving the issue. Unfortunately, I was told that the matter was not within the team's control. This was extremely disappointing because I was seeking a clear explanation and guidance on what I could do next.
Since then, I have been unable to establish meaningful further communication through phone support. I submitted another appeal through the available channel, provided identity verification documents, and explained my application's functionality and disclosures. However, I have still not received a meaningful response addressing the specific concerns I raised.
My application is a simulation-based mining app, not an actual cryptocurrency mining service. I have made efforts to disclose its simulation-based nature transparently throughout the app's presentation, including:
App metadata and description
Promotional text
In-app disclosures
Supporting documentation submitted during the appeal
Despite these efforts, my Developer Program membership was terminated, and I have not received sufficient clarification about the specific issue that remains unresolved or whether the information and documentation I submitted were properly considered.
I fully understand that Apple has developer policies and that developers are expected to comply with them. I am not asking Apple to ignore its guidelines. I am asking for a fair opportunity to understand the decision, clarify any remaining concerns, and determine whether any further action is possible.
What makes this situation particularly frustrating is that I have invested considerable time, effort, and money into developing and maintaining my applications and participating in the Apple Developer Program. Paying the membership fee while being unable to obtain meaningful clarification or a substantive response to my appeals leaves me feeling that my investment and efforts have not been adequately acknowledged.
I am not expecting a guaranteed reinstatement. I am requesting transparency, a meaningful explanation, and clarity on whether my case has received a proper review.
I would appreciate guidance on the following questions:
Is there any official escalation channel available when a developer has exhausted the usual appeal and support channels?
Can Apple clarify whether the simulation-based nature of an app, when disclosed in its metadata, promotional text, in-app content, and supporting documentation, is sufficient to address the relevant policy concerns? I understand that compliance depends on the complete app and applicable guidelines.
Is there any further review process available after an appeal has been rejected or has gone unanswered?
If a membership termination decision is final, is there a way to obtain a clear explanation of the specific policy concerns that led to it?
I am sharing this experience publicly because I genuinely want to understand what happened and whether any legitimate path forward remains. I have tried to resolve this through the official channels before bringing the matter to the community.
I may also share my experience on Reddit so that other developers facing similar situations can learn from it. My intention is to raise awareness about the difficulty of obtaining meaningful communication during a serious account-related dispute, not to attack individual support representatives.
If anyone from Apple or anyone who has experienced a similar situation can offer factual guidance about the available options, I would sincerely appreciate it.
Thank you for taking the time to read my post.