Xcode 9 GM doesn't recognize me as part of a team (ITMS-4088)

I'm trying to upload my app to iTunes Connect, but I'm getting the following error


ERROR ITMS-4088: "The organization [My name] does not have permission to modify the application with the Apple ID [My app ID]. Please try again, using an account for an organization with access to this application." at SoftwareAssets


Now, I'm using a particular Apple ID to login who is an Agent in my own dev account and an admin on another dev account's team so I think that's probably what's causing the confusion, but I don't think this should happen as the same account worked fine before


I'm running Xcode 9 GM (9A235) on macOS Sierra 10.12.6 (16G29)

I also has this problem! Help please!

Yes, same problem here. I'm a member of several teams, but the project Team and certs are all associated with the proper account.


However, I was able to upload using the Application Loader. A pain but it worked. So... at the end step, do an Export instead of sending to Apple. Then use the Application Loader app to upload the .ipa file.

I'm having the exact same problem as the OP. I have a personal account and am Admin on another. Same XCode version macOS version as well.

Same problem. I earlier uploaded a build just fine, and now this popped up doing the same exact steps..


EDIT: a standard full restart (mac) fixed it..


EDIT (9/18): issue cropped up again, restart did not fix it. When in doubt, export locally and upload with the application loader app..

Same thing:

Uploaded personal app on 9/12 using XCode 9 on personal Macbook Pro.

Uploaded work app on 9/15 using XCode 9 on work Macbook Pro.

Now I can't upload personal app on 9/16 using XCode 9 on personal Macbook Pro.


iTunes Connect saying my work organiziation doesn't have permission to modify personal application.


My personal machine doesn't have work certificates.

Only way my personal iTunes account is associated to work is as a TestFlight user.

I also ran into this same issue, after many reboots and shutdown, With xcode closed, I opened the Keychain Access in Applications/Utilities, and tried to delete old certificates, and noticed that the app was locked. I tried to unlock by clicking the lock in the top left corner, which appeared to do nothing at all. After closing and reopening the Keychain Access, i noticed the lock was unlocked, and xcode was able to proceed with the upload perfectly fine.


I don't know if it was the "unlocking" part, or maybe just having the Keychain Access open that did it, but it's worth a shot.

Same problem here. Exactly the same error message. Unfortunately, rebooting or messing around with KeyChain Access didn't work for me. 😕


Edit: after a painful process, I was able to upload it using Application Loader. Not ideal, but if you really need to upload your version today, it might help.

Same error here.

Tried revoking and renewing certificates, full clean etc... No dice.

Same issue.

Same here... 😟

Exact same problem ... with Xcode 8.3.3 or 9.0 =.='

Very painful and makes us missed a dead line ...


What's going on Apple ?

Same problem.


Personal App says I don't have access with the origanization and

Organization App says I don't have access with my personal account.

Trying Application Loader now...

I am having the same problem.


I am using XCode 8.3.3, trying to upload using the normal process, I will see the error "No Accounts with iTunes Connect access".


But, I can upload the IPA successfully via Application Load. The problem is, the IPA that I uploaded will not go into TestFlight. So, all my testers are not able to test the apps. I can see the option to select the app to submit to appstore for review though.


I tried to use XCode 9 GM, I will see this TMS-4088 error. My Apple ID is connected to 2 different teams from 2 different companies. It somehow selected the team that has been expired for a long time. The expired team hasn't even appear anywhere in the XCode itself.


So, right now I have no way to push the app for TestFlight.


Apple, please fix it!

Exact same here, I have two Teams A and B.
1. I use 'Automatic Signing'

2. I select Team B

3. archive the project

4. In the step "Review <app name>.ipa content" it shows the correct team B.
(I also checked the Team Identifier...)
5. Then I get the error message stating that Team A is not allowed to edit the App with the Apple ID <apple id>.


The content of the message is of course correct, Team A shouldn't be allowed to edit this Apple ID, but I never specified Team A anywhere.

I have the same issue using the GM version of Xcode. I'm a member of three teams, and when I try to upload the new app:


ERROR ITMS-4088: "The organization {name} does not have permission to modify the application with the Apple ID {id_here}. Please try again, using an account for an organization with access to this application." at SoftwareAssets

Same error here. I faught with Xcode 8 on Saturday trying to do an upload and even thought it allowed me to chooce which itunes connect account to use, it still wouldnt work. I ended up exporting and using the stand allone uploader. I have the latest 9 GM verson now and it doesnt even ask me to choose which account. It just tries the upload and then fails.

I've lost hours of my life on this already. Is there any plan to fix it or is the stand allone uploader going to be the only way to submit from now on?

Same issue here.

Uploading via the Application Launcher works for me!


For anyone who has yet to upload builds this way:

  1. Archive normally
  2. Window -> Organizer -> Select the archive you wish to upload -> Export
  3. Open the exported folder to find YourAppName.ipa
  4. Select the Xcode menu on the top left (menu bar) -> Open Developer Tool -> Application Loader
  5. Select the appropriate team in the top left dropdown
  6. Follow the steps to choose your ipa file
  7. Upload

Same exact issue as everyone else. Why did Apple ship XCode with this massive failbug?

I am trying to get out of the team causing the issue but Apple provides no easy way to do that unless you are an admin of the team. So much fail.

Same here, fix it apple!

Same problem.



Uploading via the Application Loader works for me.

Same here. Obviously, Xcode is tring to use the wrong team during App submit.

Still same here.


But don't worry, Application Loader is working.

Export the Archive for the App Store and select the ipa in Application Loader.

Exact same issue here. This is getting on my nerves...

Also experiencing this. Application Loader seems to be my only option. :/

Xcode 9 GM doesn't recognize me as part of a team (ITMS-4088)
 
 
Q