iTunes 12.7 Play Count and Last Played No longer updating

Anyone else getting this frustrating error? Since iTunes 12.7 when you play a track in iTunes or via Home Sharing the Play Count is not incrementing and the Last Played Date is not being changed.

However if you play a track on your iPod/iPhone and sync the track you played on that device is updating the Play Count/Last Played.

Seems quite a few users are getting this error. Some didn't have the error and have suddently started getting it in the last couple of days....

Any ideas?

Replies

Anyone else still have this issue on Catalina and the TV app that replaced iTunes or just me? Play counts don't seem to be incremented on iPhone or Apple TV
I tested this out yesterday. I played a song on my iPhone and checked iTunes. It didn't count. But I checked the next day and it did count it. The count may not be instant but it does count.

issue persists for me. ios 15.1, MacOS 12.0.1

Is just very frustrating being working on iTunes for more than 15 years, and NEVER had a problem, but Apple Music has problems everywhere... Please solve at least this ""simple"" bug or whatever..

I am listening music in 4/5 different devices other than the original Library on My Macbook, and after 2 months not opening, all the whole summer in play counts, it is simply not there, not updated, not anywhere... Very annoying for those as me, that we trusted sooooooo many years in this kind of counts + Rating Stars... Just everything went to the garbage...

I hope you could make a solution. Regards.

I've just realized that Play Count and Last Played have not been updating since one year ago!!! and, oddly enough, the only thing that is keeping me tied up with Apple is iTunes. I thought many times to migrate to another manufacturing brand but when I remembered iTunes and all the history of my songs, I always gave up. It is very frustrating to know that 1 year of music history was gone. I tried everything posted in this forum but nothing worked.

Please, any possible fix to this? Everything is frozen from the iPhone Plays, I lost many months, and I don't know what to do, to be honest.. But I need this data to sort still properly my ±15 years Library.. Thanks, and regards.

Hi there,

You might have better luck asking this question over in Apple Support Communities run by Apple Support.

In the end, I migrated from iPhone to Samsung and sold my iPhone 13, and started using an iPhone 12 because some apps are available for IOS. I started the iPhone 12 from zero without restoring anything and voila! iTunes is syncing again.