What are UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities for iPad?

I had an app rejected with the following:

Guideline 2.3 - Performance - Accurate Metadata

We were unable to install the app on iPad. The UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities key in the Info.plist is set in such a way that the app will not install on an iPad .

In the info.plist it is:

<key>UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities</key>

<array>

<string>armv7</string>

</array>

This is the same as all my other apps that have been approved. I can install it on an iPad.

What should the UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities be?

Replies

Same happened to me. So what is your solutions? thanks.

I am also facing the same problem. My other apps which had the same configuration in plist as you mentioned were submitted successfully. Suddenly one app rejected. Let me know if any solution you found. Thanks!

Facing the same problem. Have you got any solution till now ?

Same problem

'We were unable to install the app on iPad. The UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities key in the Info.plist is set in such a way that the app will not install on an iPad.'

I have downloaded onto an iPad via TestFlight and it is working. I have read through the Technical Q&A 1397 and all the information i can find on required device capabilities but still have no idea what the issue is and have been rejected 3 times so far.

Anybody had any joy with this?

Today we are facing to the same app rejection:

"We were unable to install the app on iPad. The UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities key in the Info.plist is set in such a way that the app will not install on an iPad.

(...)

To resolve this issue, please check the UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities key to verify that it contains only the attributes required for your app features or the attributes that must not be present on the device. Attributes specified by a dictionary should be set to true if they are required and false if they must not be present on the device."

Until now our info.plist entry for UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities is empty but this app is approved several times before without that issue.

The app runs on a test iPad perfectly and the "target device familiy" is correctly set to "1,2" (iPhone & iPad).

Does anybody have an advice?

Same issue here... how did you solve it? I can also install it via testflight with no problems...

Hi,

I had the same issue with a 1 year old project already in production.
My UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities is armv7. However, I did not change the UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities as for what I understood the armv7 feature is in line with iPad devices. (unless you do not have any specific requirements)
After below steps my app was approved:

in Xcode:
1) Edit > Convert > To Current Swift Syntax...
2) I changed the Target Device Family (in Project) from iPhone to Universal

hope this can help someone ;-)
I got the same rejection for my app,
We were unable to install the app on iPad. The UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities key in the Info.plist is set in such a way that the app will not install on iOS 13.6.1 .
Any solutions ?
the previous suggestion -
n Xcode:
1) Edit > Convert > To Current Swift Syntax...
2) I changed the Target Device Family (in Project) from iPhone to Universal ,
did not help ....
Having the same issue, rejected twice now, hoping 3rd time to be a charm.
  • I have set Target Device Family to universal

• Deleted UIReqiredDeviceCapabilities from my plist

Will report back once my current submission is reviewed.

We faced a similar rejection and simply re-submitting the same build worked in our case. If you are confident that you haven't made any changes that would prevent the app from being installed on an iPad, just submit the same build again and a different reviewer will probably pick it up and approve it.

so no solution... and apple engineer don't help at all

I am also facing this issue!

I have uploaded my app and it went through app review many time and got rejection until i fixed everything as they asked me to, and the weird part in my last app review they asked to add a video link so they can see the app in action and then resubmitting it again.

I have resubmitted the same version but now i got a rejection for: "We were unable to install the app on iPhone. The UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities key in the Info.plist is set in such a way that the app will not install on iPhone."

My app is on IOS 16 and developed with swiftUI and the latest Development tools from Apple.

Add a Comment

Guideline 2.3 - Performance - Accurate Metadata We were unable to install the app on iPad. The UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities key in the Info.plist is set in such a way that the app will not install on an iPad .

In the info.plist it is:

<key>UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities</key> <array> <string>armv7</string> </array>

This is the same as all my other apps that have been approved. I can install it on an iPad.

What should the UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities be?