Your session has expired, please login

I log into my Apple Id account under Pref->Account. I AM able to login, it shows me as a team memeber. Then I exit xcode and when I run it, I go to Pref->Account, it says 'Your session has expired, please login'. I can do this over and over.

Thanks

Ralph

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of rkrausse Down vote post of rkrausse
55k views
Add a Comment

Replies

I want to just confirm that @maria dolores suggestion works for me to. I am running Xcode 11.7 and Xcode 12 beta 6 with MacOS Big Sur.

Here are the steps to follow:
  1. Archive your build using Xcode 11

2. In Xcode 12, go to Window -> Organizer (You will see your build available there)

3. Submit your build to AppStore Connect

Hopefully this helps everyone and full credit goes to @maria dolores
Same issue....

Xcode 11.7 (11E801a)
macOS Big Sur 11 beta 6

Thank you for your solution @maria dolores. It worked!
I have faced the same issue on Xcode 11.6 with MacOS Big Sur (11.2)

I have a remedy for what I need. I only needed to build a project that only supports Xcode 11.6 or a previous version.
  1. I build my project on Xcode 11.6

2. I archived the project on Xcode 11.6

3. close Xcode 11.6 and open the same project from Xcode 12.4 (Yes I have both Xcode versions installed.)

4. Windows -> Organizer on Xcode 12.4

5. Then continue the distribution wizard without any trouble.

I know this is not the answer for all of your situations but hope this will help someone in a similar situation to mine.

whenever I use Xcode on the respective macOS everything works fine (Xcode: 10 on Mojave / 11 on Catalina / 12 on BiSur). The same is not true for me with Xcode 11 on BigSur.
I managed to solve the problem as follows:
  • From an operational Xcode, I exported "Apple ID and Signing Assets..." in Xcode/preferences/accounts.

• In my Xcode with problems I imported the file. Although the error remains at least now my account appears.

• I installed Xcode 12 because that is what is supposed to work with BigSur. I logged into my account. I installed my Provisioning Profile and sent one of my apps to one of my devices.

• I closed Xcode 12. I opened Xcode 11 and although the same login issue comes up, I can choose and use my Provisioning Profile.

• pure joy

I just had a similar issue and was able to fix following the steps below:

1. Go to your account in Xcode > Preferences > Accounts.
  2. Add your credentials again.
  3. Everything started working again.

Same problem with Xcode 12.5.1. Above solutions did not work for me. I logged out from my session. After re-login, Xcode got logged w/o having to enter my credentials.

Experiencing this issue with Apple's own Support Forum from iPadOS 15 beta. Log in with fingerprint id, type a message, immediately get a session timeout asking me to "recover" my message, which asks me to log in again, but discards the message I typed. And attempting to type a new message and submit it results in the same session timeout.

Same problem here with Xcode 13.2.1 on Monterey 12.0.1, when I'm trying to Build and Archive from xcodebuild command.. Hope this problem will be resolved quickly..

~(02-03-2022)

Same today Version 13.4.1 (13F100) M1

23/07/2022

• Facing the same problem starting today on Details:

M1 MacBook Pro,Monterey,Xcode 13.4.1(13F100).

Error: Your session has expired. Please log in.

Add a Comment

Again, same problem Xcode 13.4.1 M1 come on

Yeah. Experienced that also yesterday. Xcode 13.0, monterey 12.3.

Same issue. I cleared xcode authentication tokens from Keychain Access and tried importing my Apple ID from my other macbook but it still keeps showing the "Your session has expired. Please log in." error. Xcode 13.4.1, M1, Monterey 12.3

In my case, logging into my profile on icloud.com helped me. Just log in there to reset the tokens. Also check that in Preferences → Apple ID → Password & Security you have two-factor enabled. After that, the login to the account in XCode was successful.

Logging into iCloud.com didn't work for me, but logging out of my iCloud account on my mac, logging back in, then restarting did the trick for me.