com.apple.hiservices-xpcservice (Not Responding)

• I am having the same issue with a new 13" MBP (2020 M1 Big Sur) with a very lean system build. The problem is intermittent and difficult to reproduce, so the following may not be correct, but I think it might only be happening when both of the following are true: (a) upon wake from sleep and (b) when connected to my external display (an Apple Thunderbolt Display).

As the Hiservices framework contains interfaces for internet config, I wonder if it could be related to switching network interface from wifi to Display Ethernet.

I believe I have ruled out anything having to do with Date & Time, as I have "Set time zone automatically" turned off, together with the applicable Location access in Security & Privacy.

Other things I had initially suspected that I have ruled out so far:

Any apps with Accessibility access;SteerMouse Manager;Bartender 4;Carbon Copy Cloner's daemon;MS Exchange calendars; andParallels 16.5.

I also have an older 15" MBP (2018 Big Sur, Intel obviously) with a nearly identical software build and it does not have the issue. And a 13" MBA (2020 M1) which also does not have the issue. I am completely baffled and I am seriously considering erasing the 13" MBP and starting over with a fresh copy of Big Sur.

I hope this helps and we can get to the bottom of it.

Add a Comment

Apple Recommended

• MBP M1 (Ventura). Despite attempting to upgrade Sonoma, the error persists. /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/HIServices.framework/Versions/A/XPCServices/com.apple.hiservices-xpcservice.xpc/Contents/MacOS/com.apple.hiservices-xpcservice /Library/Preferences/Logging/.plist-cache.yd7fXLbb /System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.bundle/English.lproj/SystemVersion.strings /private/var/db/analyticsd/events.allowlist /usr/share/icu/icudt70l.dat /dev/null

Add a Comment

Replies

I have a Macbook Pro with the M1 chip running Monterey. This issue appears to occur when connected to an external monitor and i bring the computer up from sleep. Still diagnosing but I do not believe I see this issue unless I have the external monitor connected.

• The only correlation I have found for this issue is waking the computer after sleep. Occurs with or without an external monitor, with our without other peripherals such as a Yubikey. Cannot correlate to any software...Microsoft, Apple software. Have tried resetting all devices under Appleid as has been suggested by someone on Reddit...no impact. I am giving up. I have accepted the fact that Apple will not address. Although it does not appear to create issues, Apple needs to address.

• I'm running into this exact same issue with the same results. I thought Mac OS 12.5 might have a fix for this, but it does not seem to address this problem.

Add a Comment

On my mac Mini M1 2020 Ventura 13.2.1 using android Studio hangs in some cases and i see the service

com.apple.hiservices-xpcservice is also not responding when Android studio service is not responding..

Any updates on this issue?

I'm not understanding that apple takes this serious. I mean this threat is 4 yers old and people still complain. I have had many macs within this 4 years and had this problem even before. After a day when it show up, I just kill it and everything seems to work faster again. Services should be having issues, especially if you have switch to major upgrades. Please apple, make it go away, fix it or just remove it.