Sidecar showing "no devices" with compatible devices

Hello,

I am using a MacBook Pro 2018 (more details: see screenshot) with the latest macOS Catalina Beta (19A536g) and a iPad 5th generation with the latest public beta (17A5565b).

If I try to use Sidecar in the system preferences, I see "no devices" when trying to select a device

Anyone else having the same problem? the problem exists since beta 3 I think.. before the update, sidecar was working nearly perfect.

I already tried:

- logging out and in again with the Apple ID

- using a wired connection

- checking both devices to be in the same network

- Bluetooth and Wifi are enabled on both devices

- Handoff is enabled

- AirPlay is working with screen mirroring

- Asking Google for help

Is this a bug or habe i forgotten something? Anyone else having this problem? Is there a known workaround?

• Same problem and after searching high and low found the answer for my situation. My router has 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz networks. I had one device on each and they are treated as totally different networks. When both connected to the same everything worked.

Add a Comment

Replies

For some reason that I coun't identify I'm having exactly the same problem as you and I also couldn't find a solution.

In addition to your points, the Sidecar app isn't being show at the iPadOS Settings.

I have the same exact problem with MacBook Air 2018 with Catalina 10.15 Beta (19A536g) and iPad Air2 with iPad iOS13.

I also have opened a ticket to Apple using beta feedback app, no answers..

Same issue here....done everything that you've tried...it's not been working for the last 2 betas... 😟 was loving it when it was working!

Same here for me a well.

2018 MBP 13' and newest ipad pro, device does not show up, extremely frustrated.

It will work with an iPad with Apple Pencil. iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 4 are not supported.

Same problem with mid 2019 MacBook Pro and ipad 5th Generation

iPad mini 4 is supported.

Same issue. Macbook pro dual graphics card onboard and ATI

Same exact thing here. (Only Macbook Pro 2017)

MacBook Pro 13' 2018 and iPad mini 4.

Exact same issue.

Same problem here, device not detected.

Using latest Catalina beta available to this day and iPadOS 13.1.1 with an iPad 5th Generation

(MacBook Pro Touchbar 2016)

Same for me, no device appears .
MBP 2017 + iPad 5
catalina with latest Beta(19A578c also with 19A582a) and iOS 13.1.2

#1 Update:

Accoding to this post:

https://forums.developer.apple.com/message/369743

my ipad is unsupported.

#2 Update

Today (5th October) i have tried another one, an iPad 6, also don't shows up in control settings.

Any Hints?

Kind regards,

Holger

upgraded to 10.15 on macbook and iPadOS and still no options for sidecar

I'm here to report more of the same.

2018 MBP 15" 10.15 Beta (19A582a) (GM)

iPad 5th gen running 13.1 (17A5837a)

Sidecar has shown "no devices" since like beta 3. In beta 1 or 2 at least it would try to connect and flicker.

Now it just doesn't even recognize the iPad as a display.

My "airplay" system menu shows only my apple TV. Same wifi. BLE on, etc..