Universal Links not working properly on iOS 13

Universal Links was working fine on iOS 12 but I ran into issues when I updated to iOS 13.1 yesterday.

URLs that's supposed to open the app when tapped are just opening up in the browser.

Some users on iOS 13 reported the same thing.

I believe AASA file is not being downloaded properly. I tried tapping on Open from the banner that appears on top of Safari when I land on one of my urls. This didn't help.

Sometimes it worked fine after few re-installs and reboots but when you re-install again it stops working.

I exported sysdiagnose and my swcutil_show.txt shows this for my app

Service: applinks App ID: (my app ID)
App Version: 102 
Domain: (app.myurl.com) 
User Approval: unspecified 
Site/Fmwk Approval: unspecified 
Flags: 
Last Checked: 2019-09-26 00:48:24 +0000 
Next Check: 2019-09-30 23:51:38 +0000

while other apps (Apple News app for example) looks like this

Service: applinks App ID:  ZL6BUSYGB3.com.apple.news
App Version: 2300.5 
Domain:  news.apple.com 
Patterns: {"/":"*"} 
User Approval: unspecified
Site/Fmwk Approval: approved 
Flags: systemApplication 
Last Checked: 2019-09-25 18:45:50 +0000 
Next Check: 2019-09-30 17:49:04 +0000

For some reason it's missing the Patterns (from AASA) and Site/Fmwk Approval is unspecified.

I also tried exporting sysdiagnose when universal link was working after several reinstalled and reboots.

My app did have something for Patterns with Site/Fmwk Approval approved

Right now I am confused as it seems like this is happening randomly.

Last night I reinstalled/rebooted the app and non of the urls opened my app This morning I reinstalled/rebooted the app several time and now the url is opening the app every time.

Replies

Still I face same problem.
I am experiencing this issue via Firebase dynamic linking see: https://github.com/firebase/firebase-ios-sdk/issues/4914

I contacted Apple support and submitted a bug via the Feedback Assistant and this is the response they gave me:

You or FireBase have JavaScript on your site that bounces users to the App Store. Since a website cannot reliably detect if an app is installed on a device, you should remove that JavaScript. Instead, use tools like the Smart App Banner to direct users into the App Store from your webpage.

I will contact Firebase and see what they have to say, but this might be useful to anyone having the same issue.
To refresh the apple-app-site-association on iOS 13.5.1
  1. Remove you App

2. Go to Setting > Safari > Clean history and website data

3. Hard reset your iPhone (Vol+ then Vol- then press and hold power button until Apple logo show up)

4. Install the App after boot up

I'm iPhone 11, It works for me.

Did you find a solution for this issue? I see the following entries in swcutil_show.txt

App ID:               APP_ID
App Version:          10.0
App PI:               <LSPersistentIdentifier 0x10483ae30> { v = 0, t = 0x8, u = 0x146c, db = F87B5EA6-CAEC-454C-B7B1-6B732186B57D, {length = 8, bytes = 0x6c14000000000000} }
Domain:               APP_DOMAIN
User Approval:        unspecified
Site/Fmwk Approval:   denied
Flags:                
Last Checked:         2021-11-24 13:44:53 +0000
Next Check:           2021-11-29 12:59:43 +0000

I see that I always get Site/Fmwk Approval: denied.

Hi,

I have same issue, it keeps show me this error: Error getting enterprise-managed associated domains data. If this device is not enterprise-managed, this is normal: Error Domain=SWCErrorDomain Code=1701 "Failed to get associated domain data from ManagedConfiguration framework." UserInfo={NSDebugDescription=Failed to get associated domain data from ManagedConfiguration framework., Line=298, Function=}

Can anyone help me?