Having issues authorizing payment for Apple Developer Program

Hey guys

I’ve been trying to pay for Apple Developer Program enrollment for about a week and still no luck. As well as I got from a small talk with the customer support – Apple never got my money. So it seems like my payment authorization fails all the time. But I don’t know what’s really going on.

Have any of you ever had issues like that?

Or maybe you just know what’s going on and how to fix it?

Answered by Apple Developer Support in 626670022
We do accept Russian credit cards to pay for the Apple Developer Program. If you've been unable to complete your order, please reach out to Apple Developer Program Support for assistance. Please note that you may be asked to provide verification details as part of the order completion process. We appreciate your understanding and apologize for any inconvenience.
I am from India, I have tried with 3 different India cards and 1 US card. Nothing worked. Only answer from Apple support is "Check with your bank" and "Try different payment option". No one is ready to accept that the issue is with Apple.

Please let me know if any one is able to resolve this.
Having the same issue. U.S. resident. U.S. credit cards. U.S. banks. Firstly, the card I routinely use in the Apple store got denied. Tried a second card where the payment went through, only to have an email sent days later saying that I cancelled the order (which I definitely did not). That card now also doesn't work. I'm on my third attempt with a third different card. What the heck Apple!?!? Instead of streamlining payment, they're spending resources not allowing words like "ginger" to be in our forum name. (blondes & brunettes are fine apparently) This is cancel culture run amuck.
please, make support of this issue better, than it's now
or maybe simplify payout, like on ALL other platforms/shops?
this isn't ok situation in 2020 :(
Any luck with the payment? I have been trying this for the past 2 months..
Does anybody have a phone number for them that still works? I tried 800-633-2152 number and it said they were closed for the day, since then there is a new message saying "Please be advised that our support options have changed" and then it directs you to the web support page (screams into pillow!). Nobody is replying to my queries there anymore. I've gone so far as to hunt some of their people down on LinkedIn, only one replied and said I need to follow official procedures ...back to square one. It's like my hands are chopped off and there is just no way to get support.

@philipyoungg you say a friend has gotten it right with "some of these cards", do you mean the same bank and account type, or the exact same actual cards (i.e. same card numbers) you tried? It might be worth checking with them how they have the card info stored in their Apple ID account EXACTLY i.e. the name on the card etc. and then comparing that to how they filled that in on the web order ...maybe there's some magic there we're all missing.

I'm also confused how they don't ask for the CVV number. I'm thinking of trying to remove the security confirmation step on my card (that brings up a secure OTP step on web purchases), maybe that's blocking it.

Everybody please post success stories, even if they're not yours, maybe we can figure this out together. I'm also in South Africa, so the Apple Developer App approach won't work for me either. 1 new rented Mac Mini in the cloud, 2 App Store Apps and 2 iTunes songs later ...no Developer Account. 2 clients waiting.
So, I tried 3 different devices with several different browsers, same Apple ID though. I even mailed Craid Federighi...
No charge request, no dev program, no several months of my life. Stopped all investment in that.
To add some data to the problem space, I'll just mention that I have been trying this since late June 2020 for nearly a week now, using a United States credit union card, and a United States credit card. Both cards showed they had set-aside funds for pre-aproval for $109 charges from Apple, but my account has been stuck in "pending", and when I checked today, the banks had dropped the pre-approvals, showing no charges, and I'm still in "pending".

I have talked/chatted now with 4 Apple help people from 3 departments in 5 interactions, and they have all had no idea what is going on and told me to try to make another payment or wait or call a different department. One said the mobile version of the Apple Developer app would allow other payment methods and let them expedite processing, but that requires a recent device with eye/fingerprint recognition, which I don't have and don't want.
Call for Assistance and a possible way out

Hello to everyone here! Just like the unsuccessful many, I too have have tried multiple times but have not been able to get through with the payment. After repeated back and forth calls and emails between myself and Apple and even going to the extent of trying a different Apple ID and multiple cards, it's just been pointless. I won't get into the details of it because it's very evident that everyone here is facing the same issue. So I have decided to take to Twitter in an attempt to direct Apple to the attention of their own forum and specifically this thread. Please retweet and spread it. Perhaps together, we could finally get their attention and collectively get the issue sorted.

Replace the apple.com with twitter.com as Apple doesn't allow links from other domains
https://apple.com/craigpintogoa/status/1278034281634205698
I'm having the same problem. Trying to make payment from India since a month, but none of my cards get charged. The banks never get a request from apple and apple asks me to check with my bank. Now have used a friend's American card and it's again given me the same 'can take up to 2 business days to process' message. Hope it goes through as she has used the card before to buy apple products. It's surprising such a giant organisation has such terrible payment processing.
@pjfisher

you say a friend has gotten it right with "some of these cards", do you mean the same bank and account type, or the exact same actual cards (i.e. same card numbers) you tried? It might be worth checking with them how they have the card info stored in their Apple ID account EXACTLY i.e. the name on the card etc. and then comparing that to how they filled that in on the web order ...maybe there's some magic there we're all missing.

Both.
One friend have the same bank
Another have the exact same card

It's enrolled exactly. He's also the one who input everything instead of me.

It's enrolled exactly. He's also the one who input everything instead of me.

That's why this is so strange. I also been looking for that "magic". I've tried combinations of:
  • different device

• enroll on US working time

• debit visa, debit mastercard, credit visa, credit mastercard

• offline credit card, personal credit card

• uppercase all name

• uppercase all address

• enroll in different device

• change phone number format

• call Apple Support > 10 times

...nothing works. 

Most attempt also CANCELED at 12PM at my time—which if converted to CST (US Support timezone, is at 12AM midnight). It appears to be automated.

From what I see, the most problem came from:
  • Indonesia

• Russia

• South Africa

• Vietnam

• Malaysia

US, Japan, Singapore, etc seems could enroll and be processed in few minutes. 

Based on all that, my conclusion is Apple payment system didn't automatically process our payment for some of us. And support can't do anything about it because the payment is processed somewhere else. 

The only solution is to make a big problem about this (maybe with [change dot org]? ) and make Apple fix it. Seems they are not aware of the problem as it's not as widespread and only happen to few individuals in different country.

July 2020, the issue is still here.
Been trying to enroll but the payment wont get through (country: Kosovo)
Any solution for this problem I have lost a lot of money and lost contracts because of this silly problem and apple doesn't listen ! .. I am considering switching to android at least I have created a developer account there in 10 minutes .. not spending weeks .. and developer support they are just helpless
(Country: Egypt)
Ok, not to make people jealous, but Apple Developer support actually telephoned me today and took my payment over the phone, and it worked, and now my Apple Developer account is working.

What I did that seemed to cause this, was to (yesterday) send a polite email to devprograms@apple.com, explaining I had waited about a week after trying to pay using the web site, and providing a link to this forum thread.

@pjfisher Yes, there is a phone number (800)275-2273, which you can call but the person I got when I did that admitted he did not know much about Apple Developer Account registration. He thought the chat support would know, but the chat support I talked to did not, and seemed to think the phone support would.
Hi Guys,

I'm Bryan and I'm based in South Africa. For the past month (June) I've been trying to enroll for this programme so that I can have my App reviewed. Like many of you, the payment never goes through, the card/account I pay from is never charged and nothing happens within and after 48 hours of them acknowledging my order.

Please assist because I've exhausted all possible avenues. I've tried doing it through a friend based in New York and her credit card didn't work. I've used my many different cards with different banks. I phoned them a hundred times and I either hold for so long that I lose patience, or I keep being transferred to a "senior", who then transfers me to another "senior" and so on and so freaking on. I've tried contacting them through the website but I don't get responses to my lodged messages.

Please HELP!
Same problem here for 2 months. 5 different cards from 3 different banks(2 credit card and 3 debit). Developer support only gives me copy-paste answers and I can't call because it's not available for my country Romania.
Same issue for me here too, I have tried with 3 different cards from 3 banks, but all of them has been canceled instantly. I called Apple support 5 times and talked with 5 different people but none of them couldn't help me, also sending email results to nothing because apple developer support in Asia doesn't answer to the emails. I stuck in this state for more than 1 month so far!
It's several days that I'm keep trying to pay for developer enrollment fee. Apple sends me an order acknowledgment email without any order ID that said it will process in 1 - 2 business days but after 2 business day the order cancels.
In my humble opinion, VISA (Master Card, etc) are canceling the transactions because there are the differences between the personal data you entered on the payment page and the personal data they have about you.

When you open an account, the bank operator fills some data about you in the bank's database. VISA (Master Card, etc) will know about you based on this data.

So, phone the bank and ask them about all your personal data, then check every character you typed in the payment page if it's identical with what the bank has in their database.

In my case the data was different than what I typed in on the payment page. The bank operator simplified my address.
I was surprised to see discordances between my personal data from my ID and what my bank knew about me.

I will try again to make the payment.
We are having payment issue. Tried all US debit cards. Nothing worked. We are troubleshooting and hit/trial cards to make it work. We have an important application to roll out. Apple, please do something about it. Customers are getting ****** because of this glitch.
@danturcu I hope you're right, but I don't think that's the case.

My friend and I enrolled apple developer program with his credit card. He got through in few hours, mine doesn't.

My payment fails on 2 different payment methods. Is it possibly because I am using a debit card and not a credit card? Is there a phone, check or other option to pay?
I have been waiting 10 days and it really is a disaster, first that my payment method is not functional then I check it and it is the same that I always use and it works, then I create an account in Spain to be able to pay with another account because the support for Latin America It seems to be deficient, they charge me twice in the Spain account and then simply in the message it appears that I cancel both times ... how can I be the one who is canceling if I am begging to be charged the money, it begs to beg they charge you .... what a disgusting world.

It is a complete disaster, they are really embarrassed I feel very frustrated, we should sue them for the time and money in my case that they are making me lose with each day of waiting without being able to deliver my application to my client.

Andres
Quito - Ecuador
I'm having the same problem too (country: Vietnam). Don't bother contacting support because all they'll basically say is: "The problem is on your bank's end. Ask them". I've been waiting for 3 weeks by now. Since this is clearly a bug on Apple's end, the long term solution is to file a bug report and hope they'll fix it.
Is there a bug report that I can add my support to somewhere?
Having issues authorizing payment for Apple Developer Program

Q