Having issues authorizing payment for Apple Developer Program

• I also have the same issue and have been trying for 5 months. I have called apple several times and went to my bank several times. The only thing I can do is find someone that has an account already and hope they don't put any virus in my code when its published.

• Eu realmente nao entendo, porque uma empresa tao grande com um problema tao bobo. deveria no minimo ter uma documentacao explicando sobre o problema e como corrigir...

• Hello! I'm also having trouble processing the credit card. I tried it with different cards from different brands. Apple, please improve this process. Any suggestions on how to solve my problem?

Add a Comment

Apple Recommended

• Phone support is always unavailable and you never reply to emails. Why don't you fix this issue ???

• Why you guys don't fix that issue? I'm passing through that pain. Every day I spend more than 1 hour in the phone talking with apple and they don't solve my problem. Apple is a really big company, why they have an so silly problem?

Add a Comment

Replies

Hi guys Ive been following this thread for a while and had problem processing the developer program order too. Ive sent tons of email to apple support departments and just now they have charged my credit card 99$, and then there was this email coming which was like purchasing a physical item that needs shipping:

Thank you for your order.
We’ll let you know when your items are on their way.
Order Number: 3365141921
Ordered on: July 21, 2020
Items to be Shipped
Shipment 1
by Standard Delivery
Apple Developer Program - Membership for one year$99.00Qty 1$99.00Shipping Address:

My order is from Vietnam, I have zero problem with my banks or my cards and I'm totally new to Apple. still waiting for their confirmation on developer status but I'll update if it get solved

hello i had this similar issue for a few times first i use mastercard(capitalone) that didn't work then later changing to different payment card using Discover credit card work for me, from USA
I've been struggling for the past month to sign up. I am based in South Africa and seeing very similar behaviour as many on this thread:
  • I'm using a card which works just fine in App Store

• Contacted support, which tells me my bank is declining the transaction

• Contacted my bank, who has no trace of the transaction and hence the decline

• Back to support who tells me to try another card

• Rinse, repeat

Eventually I asked for the case to be escalated, pointing the support engineer to this thread. There is clearly a systemic issue with Apple's card processing here. My guess is that Apple's acquirer / card processor is declining the transaction because Apple is not asking for, and hence not sending, the CVV of the card, whereas in the App Store they do ask for the CVV.

Anyway, after escalation they asked me to send proof of ID, and two days later the transaction went through, using the exact same card details that was declined previously, i.e. still no CVV.

It seems like escalating the matter to a senior support engineer did the trick for me. Hope this helps someone else as well. I am pushing the engineer for answers as to why it finally went through with the same details as previously, but have not received a reply yet (will update here if I do receive one).
Is anyone having this problem even before the system attempts to accept payment? I’m getting the “Your enrollment cannot be completed“ error before ever getting to payment.

I’m trying to accept their terms and it locks up with that error.
Yes, some of our customers have seen this message “Your enrollment cannot be completed“. No idea why. All of them had Apple ID linked to credit card in iTunes and had active subscriptions like iCloud space, music, apps etc.

BTW, some comments suggested that you may try to use Developer App to enrol. Don't waste your time! I can categorically say that it doesn't work. If you are in one of those countries affected by the payment issues then during the enrolment process using the App, you will be redirected to the Web enrolment. And this is is essentially the same as to enrol using a browser via Apple Dev Site
So back to the same problem.
Wanted to start my first own app but getting this error all the time. Dev from Germany here - Not sure what to do now as there are no instructions from Apple anywhere...
Tried any possible solution changing cards buying apps contacting useless apple support waiting for more than 2 months. (Israel)
From India.

Do I really need USA Card? I have Nobody from US to give me that. What is wrong with this payment thing? Facing the same issue since 2 weeks now.
@RuchitMicro

For what it worth, I've tried 5 US based card (I'm from Indonesia). Borrowed all from Twitter friends. Nothing works. Something is weird.
For over a month I have been trying to renew my Apple developer membership. The payment is not being processed.

I tried by all means, contacted my financial institution, tried different cards, used the latest version of safari, paid with a valid credit card in the app store, and followed each of the recommendations sent to me in the messages support.

I tried using a US credit card and it didn't work, I tried a US debit card and it didn't either. The error repeats over and over again.

I've written about 10 times, and they don't even respond anymore. I honestly don't know what other method to use. If anyone knows precisely what is happening we would be many who would be very grateful.

Greetings from Colombia.
Sent a bug report, but Apple will ignore it too, probably...
Greetings from Russia!

I have the same problem, and I haven't been able to do anything with it for a month or two. I have used 3 cards from different banks. Of course I have contacted Apple Support, but I haven't received anything that could solve my problem: just some generic things like clearing cache, etc. I don't know, why can't Apple just make an Apple Pay checkout for this payment? That would be convenient. But now I can't do anything but wait for a change in this situation and try to enroll again and again. I would really like to publish an app for my university that I had been working on for several moths. I really love a lot of Apple things, but this situation really frustrates me. And as I can see, many developers all over the world face the same problem.
I hope something will change soon.

Same problem from Turkey,
after agreement of licence having this error.

Your enrollment could not be completed.
Your enrollment in the Apple Developer Program could not be completed at this time.

I tried with different cards, account but problem continue.

Same problem for me here in Germany with a German Credit Card

Your enrollment could not be completed.
Your enrollment in the Apple Developer Program could not be completed at this time.

Phone support doesn't really help...
Hi Everyone

I am from India and I faced the same issue.
  1. You should first confirm with your bank and make sure international payments are enabled.

2. Make sure you are using a credit card and not a debit.

3. The name on the card and the name on the account should match.

4. Call Apple Developer support and check the status of the account. They will send you a link to upload ID Proofs. Send you passport, aadhar and license. Make sure the name on the ID Proofs and name on card should match.

5. They will verify the details and you should be getting account access in next 7 days.

I got my individual developer account. I am applying for Organization Account later this year.