push notification without sound on iOS9

I have a problem that when a lot of apps running in the background sometimes when the app receive push notification (local or remote) sometimes the notification arives without sound.

tested on iOS 9 GM

also hapenns on Whatsapp and Viber

scenario: open and background many apps then receive push notification.

about 1/3 receive without sound in this scenario

Replies

Came here to see if there was a setting I wasn't understanding. My phone doesn't ring anymore, doesn't ping when messages arrive anymore, it is stone silent. Apple needs to patch this immediately.

Same here, need to phycically check my phone for new messages as no notification sound everytime there is a new message.

All of the 8 people i know who updated to ios 9 is facing the same problem. I hope Apple fix the issue.

I Have the Exact Problem also in my both iphone 5S and 6 Plus. Since the update to iOS 9, whatsapp sounds only after 3 notifications and then stop again until somebody write to me 3 times or more and stop again...

Sometimes Mail doesnt sounds neither.

i have to check my screen everytime and of couse my batt its during less than iOS 8...

Hope Apple gets a fix ASAP!

I just created an account to confirm this problem on iPhone 5s, iOS 9 and latest version of Viber available.

I have exactly the same problem in viber and whatsapp

Same issue. No sound or alert for messages or face book messenger either. I have to check my phone to see if there's any new messages.

I have the same problem with iPhone 6, missing notifications from a lot of Apps Whatsapp, calls, gmail, etc

I am having the same problem! I use the iMailG app for my gmail and now when the phone is open, i get the banner notification, but no sound. Its really irritating. Spend 30 minute on Apple Support chat and they had me delete the app and test the stock email notification which is as not working either. They also had me power off/on the phone. I am getting the ringtones now. Then I reinstalled the iMailG app. Hope this helps. I think mine is fixed. Fingers crossed!

Has anyone tried reinstalling the app after upgrading to iOS 9? I had a customer of my app complaining about this issue, but after he reinstalled my app the issue went away. Perhaps something gets messed up with the sound files during the iOS 9 upgrade process? Anyway just wanted to see if that fixed the issue for others or if its just a fluke with this one customer.

I have the same problem. Iphone 5S + IOS 9.

Same problem in iPhone 6 and iOS9...

I re-installed the Viber (lost chat history) and I closed all other applications from task manager, clicked the power button to turn the screen off, and when I received the Viber message it did produce a sound. But then I opened a dozen of applications and didn't close them, the next Viber message did not produce a sound notification. After about half an hour another Viber message came, again with no sound - my phone was on desk and I saw the screen turned on, but no sound. So definetly the bug still exists after re-intalling the Viber.

Same issue. I get random notifications without sound.

ios 9

iphone 6

many apps have this issue.

Stesso audio notifiche non funzionante spesso trovo volume audio tutto abbassato adesso sto scaricando aggiornamento ulteriore rilasciato appena ieri credo ma non parla di audio notifiche . Risolvere al più presto Grazie