push notification without sound on iOS9

I have a problem that when a lot of apps running in the background sometimes when the app receive push notification (local or remote) sometimes the notification arives without sound.

tested on iOS 9 GM

also hapenns on Whatsapp and Viber

scenario: open and background many apps then receive push notification.

about 1/3 receive without sound in this scenario

Replies

Same problem i am having on both of my iphone 5 and 6 devices. Dunno if the problem is from the viber app update or the ios. i hope it will be solved soon.

After installing 9.0.1, still having the same problem with Viber...

I have the same problems. Sometimes no notifications sound for Facebook messenger, but banner appears. No notifications at all for "Friends" app. Cannot figure out a special scenario, some so, sometimes so.

Same with me. Sporadic sound notifications with gmail app, bbm, reminders, etc. Very annoying. PLEASE FIX!! IOS9.0.1 DID NOT FIX.

Are you trying to resotre your iPhone using iTunes ?

i am having the same problem, my iphone 6 doesnt ring when i receive txt massage, it does when i receive a phone call,i have been having this problem since i updated my phone to ios9

It's happening here with an iPhone 6+ and 9.0.1 (13A404)

Of interest, I used Due to set a reminder to go off every minute, then I launched a few other apps (Safari, Mail, Photos, Slack) and then shut the phone off. Then I let it sit in front of me while I worked.

The first ten or eleven notifications came in without issue. After that it was about 50/50. Every minute the notification center item appeared without fail, but the sound failed intermittently. I then began sending myself notifications in Slack, Messages and Tweetbot. Sounds for these failed intermittently as well.

I tried again with the phone powered on the whole time, and with it docked versus undocked. None of these made any difference. The first run of notifications were fine, then they began to fail.

I am having the same problem, sound notifications from Whatsapp. it happens since I updated to 9.0.1

I have the same problem, since I updated to the public beta of iOS 9. But also the final 9 and 9.0.1 versions have this bug.

Mostly Whatsapp and Telegram, but some other apps as well.

I am still having this issue even with the newest update. I am annoyed!! They need to fix this.

I have the same problem

Yes. I've tried it all - sent the link to this chain to Apple so they could see it's not just me. Maybe the only answer is to go back to io8 until it's fixed?

Same problem ...the 1 notification have no sound then there is a soun

Same here! My iphone 5c won't sound with texts or whatsapp! please fix!!

HOLY CRAP GUYS I THINK I FIGURED IT OUT. Okay so this is my working theory but remember how before, Siri made a sound when you opened it and now it doesn't unless you're using hands free? Well consider that when your phone is locked you still hear the sound from your apps. I think what happened is the same thing as Siri, because it's in use it won't make a sound, just a vibration. I don't believe it's a bug guys.