macOS Big Sur breaks Razer peripherals

For whatever reason, my Razer Huntsman keyboard does work for the most part but none of the audio controls do anything on the keyboard. In addition, I've tried two different razer mice and neither work at all. Everything worked perfectly before the beta.

Replies

I give up. My first try to go on with the description from @avaddon it worked fine.

But then I installed Big Sur completely new and I cannot repeat the success. I get always the answer:

Extension with identifiers com.razer.common.razerhid not approved to load. Please approve using System Preferences.
i have a Big Sur and same problem: "Allow" button doesn't appear in System Preferences..

it is not a solution but maybe a direction for someone else (i have successfully called again once appeared modal dialog with a button to goto Preferences):
  • reboot into Recovery Mode

• run terminal

• disable SIP (temporary) $ csrutil disable

• reboot in normal mode

• run terminal

• execute $ sudo sqlite3 /var/db/SystemPolicyConfiguration/KextPolicy

• run $ update kext_load_history_v3 set flags = 51 where team_id = 'R2H967U7J8';

• push ctrl+D to exit from sqlite

then, if you execute again sudo /usr/bin/kmutil load -p /Library/Extensions/RazerHid.kext you will get prompt dialog again (like first time running)

now you can enable SIP ($ csrutil enable from Recovery mode) and wait until someone will find working solution :))

BTW, sqlite> UPDATE kext_policy SET allowed = 1 WHERE team_id = 'R2H967U7J8'; didn't help too (just for anybody who will find allowed flag in table kext_policy as a good assumption it can help, as i did)
Is there a different TEAMID for the razer death adder chroma? Because when typing /usr/sbin/spctl kext-consent add R2H967U7J8, it says “No such file or directly”. Please respond and thanks for helping.
Hallo okliv,

thank you for a next description how to work to fix the problem.

Your description works fine till I type in sudo /usr/bin/kmutil load -p /Library/Extensions/RazerHid.kext.

I will get the prompt dialog again (like first time running), but at the system settings I see the behavior that there is NO ALLOW button...

Guys same issue here .

abaddon first fix worked fine but gave me awful FPS drops on games like Counter Strike Go and World of Warcraft .

Few days ago mouse was not recognized anymore . Abadon fix didnt work neither anymore..

but as soon as i uninstall razer software my FPS went back to normal .

seems razer software is hurting the system graphics really Bad
I completely uninstalled Razer, removed 'R2H967U7J8' from consent list restarted, and still have the problem. Computer lags badly in games, WindowServer usage is over 130% whenever I move the mouse around. Problem completely disappears as soon as I use the Magic Mouse. So can't do anything until Razer software works natively on the mac or Big Sur is changed to allow 1000Hz polling rate:(
Thank you so much avaddon! Your fix works!

I have the same issue with my DeathAdder v2 mouse. It says: Please connect a Razer synapse enabled device. Any solution?
Many Thanks to @avaddon for his perfect answer , you have fix my issue .

So for anyone updating to Big Sur and using a Razer Synapse 2.0 v1.88.20.

After 4 hrs I've got it working.
After update to Big Sur Synapse was loading for me but was not detecting devices.

manually running 
Code Block language

sudo kextload /Library/Extensions/RazerHid.kext
will error suggesting to Approve extension via System Preferences. 

3rd Party extension popup and Allow never showed up in a pane.

After digging around and looking up Razer TEAMID R2H967U7J8 I was able to manually adjust security settings:
Boot into Recovery Mode
Click the Utilities menu and select Terminal.
Execute the following command:
Code Block language

/usr/sbin/spctl kext-consent add R2H967U7J8
• Verify that team got added
Code Block language

/usr/sbin/spctl kext-consent list
Should output something like: 
Allowed Team Identifiers:
R2H967U7J8
Close the Terminal app and restart

After this I was able to execute 
Code Block language

sudo kextload /Library/Extensions/RazerHid.kext
Got popup and Allow button in System Preferences. 
Allowed extension and restarted. 

Got my Naga Epic Chroma back in Synapse after reconnecting it.
Hi, I followed everything in the instruction of @Avaddon.

After correctly allowing Team Identifiers via Recovery Mode: R2H967U7J8
And entering the command sudo kextload /Library/Extensions/RazerHid.kext in Terminal after a restart, I get the following message:
Extension with identifiers com.razer.common.razerhid not approved to load. Please approve using System Preferences.
When I go into System Preferences there is no "allow" button.

When opening Razer Synapse I still get the message: Please Connect a Razer Synapse Enabled Device.
I tried to restart my computer, unplug the mouse and re-install Razer Synapse, but I am always stuck at the final part.

Do you know a fix?
Avaddons resolution worked for me with Big Sur 11.0. Has anyone tried to upgrade their Mac to Big Sur 11.1 and checked if our Razer peripherals would still work?
For me it worked on on 11.1
I take it this fix won't work for M1 based computers? I get the following

Error Domain=KMErrorDomain Code=71 "Incompatible architecture: Binary is for x8664, but needed arch arm64e" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Incompatible architecture: Binary is for x8664, but needed arch arm64e}
avaddon's solution worked perfectly, thank you
Same issue for my Razer mouse on macOS Big Sur, followed the guide by @Avaddons, but missing the 'Allow' button in the system preferences and got the error:

messed around this error for a long while, finally given up and found another "Solution"!
  • Unplug the Razer mouse

• Connect the Razer mouse USB receiver to the Mac

The Razer mouse works in wireless mode, but sometime it will have some shutter, not really 100% reliable connection, but it works at least. Razer really not give a damn for the Mac users....