iOS 14 Beta Battery drain on iPhone 6s

I have installed the beta iOS 14 on my iPhone 6s and the battery drains pretty fast

Replies

Hello everyone, my XS MAX just only 3 months old. My discipline in battery care very strict. The battery run smoothly but right after the update. Battery life percentage suddenly drop to 98% and it disappoints me so much. Please do something Apple
IOS 14 kills my battery. Lost 50% battery within 2hours with my xs.
iOS 14 beta version was seriously more efficient than the stable one. My iPhone 11 cannot even survive till the mid day.
This is nothing new, every two years when it is time to upgrade phones or some great unveiling, there seems to always be some sort of malfunction to iPhones (battery, charging).

I posted a day ago, but it got deleted. Apparently this is an ongoing issue with Apple. The email I received states there is a class action lawsuit which claims that a "performance management feature on iPhone 6---7 plus including iOS 10---11 diminished the performance" of some of those devices. If this happened a couple of years ago, we all know it is going to continue.

After updating to iOS 14, my phone will not stay charged (losing 50% battery life in an hour). Even when I charge it, the battery life WILL NOT increase unless I leave it charged over night.

Just do right and fix the issue, please. Asking for friends.....
My iPhone 6S is virtually unusable since the update

I unplug it from the charger with 100% battery, then within a few minutes the battery goes to the other extreme of 1% and the phone shuts down

So a 99% battery drop within minutes of it being unplugged from the charger

I also found out that the bluetooth does not work properly with my car radio (SEAT Leon FR 2015), because it no longer shows the track list on the car radio (shows 'Bluetooth audio device: no track list available) which means I cannot select music via the car stereo and have to select it on the phone instead

Very disappointed and thinking of moving away from Apple
Small update - after update of the watchOS 7.0.2, the situation with my iPhone SE 2020 is little better. The battery now gets little more about 4 hours screen on time. Yeah, it’s far from the 5 ++hours of the iOS 13, but it’s also far from the 2 hours from last two days... The bad think - the Apple Watch 3 still reboots randomly... I’m waiting for more updates!
I thought i wass alone. Anyone who buys an apple phone going forward is just nuts... my phone goes to zero charge in under 6 hrs... After this update got to chargle like 3 times a day!!
Never buying an apple phone ever again.
Never, Never Never!!! Samsung, Nokia, Huawei, Etc from now on. There is zero preatige in Ios phones. Just a waste of time and money.
Its been a few weeks now, I’ve been hoping apple would bring out an update for this problem. Clearly I’m not alone with it. I work 12 hr shifts and I used to get through them with one fast-charge session during my lunch break with an 11pro. I can understand this happened on older devices but it’s not like my phone is old! My battery health says 93% Ha. Doesn’t feel like it.

Honestly, I can’t be running around the work site looking for a power outlet every hour! If I’m actively USING my phone it is draining at a rate of 1% every 1-2 minutes. Its absolutely unacceptable. Its better if it’s sitting in my pocket unused, but still draining too quickly.
I have the 6s plus. Has a new battery and was still a great phone till 14.0.1. Now it like many others discharges battery at break neck pace. Have been an apple fan for a long time, this may be the straw that breaks the camels back. I don't feel I should have to upgrade my hardware to meet the software. Perhaps give us the option of reverting back to previous software. With in 1 hour my battery went from 100% down to 86%. Battery health is 93% with peak performance still enabled. No apps opened, they better figure something out soon or they will be losing another customer who won't look back.
i have found now that I’m charging my iPhone 7 twice a day because of this update, even on days when my usage is really low and my phone is left in my handbag.
Before the update the battery would last pretty much all day.

Apple, is this a gimmick to force users on older handsets to upgrade?

FYI In a global pandemic people need to keep their outgoings to a minimum as job are going to be lost etc. So please bring out a fix for this ASAP!
Even me! My phone was working perfectly until I updated to iOS 14 then it was hell for me!!!
my battery has been drain super fast like in alone day it drained 20 in 2 minutes in front of my eye!!!
I thought my device had a problem or a hacker!!
then i found it was a problem of iOS for everyone!
SERIOUSLY apple?!!! Now in the middle of the pandemic and everyone lives in a hell financial states and a lot of people just lost their jobs and they can hardly provide money for their daily food!!
this is really inconsiderate and this is not gonna make the users to switch to the new versions but instead they’re going to change their iphones to other phones!
ive been waiting for the new update hoping to provide us an update to fix this horrible mess but none till now, and as I can see a lot of people are suffering from this trouble!
better you find solution for us, cuz this problem even threatens lives of the girls who work till late night and their phone battery will die very soon and if she needed it for any life emergency, she won’t be able to call for help!!
I updated to ios 14.0.0, which was still fine on my iphone 6s. Then, 14.0.1 rolled out and it was like hell. The phone get super hot every time having notification (so now i have to turn off all of it), cannot detect the touch id anymore (I tried every ways to restart it, like turn off-on the phone/reset to factory, message Unable to activate Touch Id still appear), and the battery drain super quickly.

Apple, please do something
I also updated to iOS 14.0 and it was all good on my iPhone 6s, no issues. The problems started after I installed 14.0.1 .
Now my iPhone 6S has problems with high temperatures while using bluetooth and wifi connectivity. It is practically unusable since the update because of the overheating. The only time I have no problems with overheating is while using mobile data/transfer. Every time I turn on the bluetooth or wifi the iPhone goes extremely hot. I have tried everything : resetting the phone to factory, setting up as new, etc. Nothing works. As soon as I turn the wifi or bluetooth on the phone gets painfully and dangerously hot. Of course while getting really hot the battery drops within minutes. I am afraid those high temperatures could damage my phone, the board and battery (it is 87% now, before the update was 89% ).

I am disappointed as I really like my 6s and was going to use this phone for some time more. I actually need two mobiles and was waiting for iPhone 12. But as 6s was unusable also during phonecalls (also overheating) I had to buy another phone (SE 2020 ).
I didn't update it to 14 as I was afraid it could affect the new phone but in consequences I can't use my Apple Watch 5 as SE is not up to date and I can't use it with 6s because it gets hot within seconds I turn on bluetooth and wifi.

This is just sad.

Battery was fine (lasting all day daily) before iOS 14.0.1, but after installing it goes from 100% to zero in less than a minute when off a charger. Please fix this in an update soon!
I had faced same battery drain issue in 6s plus after ios 14 upgrade onwards. Yesterday I wiped out (Erase all content and settings) and restored from latest backup which was backed up before wiped out. My battery drained issue has been resolved. Now phone is running smoothly without battery issue. Please note take latest backup before wiped out and restore same backup using iTunes(windows) or MAC battery drain issue has been resolved. Please try from ur end also to fix this issue.

Step1) please take latest backup using iTunes or MAC.

Step2) wipe out data ->settings->general-> reset -> erase all contents and settings.

Step3) restore latest backup from iTunes or MAC.

Hopefully this will work.