iOS 14 Beta Battery drain on iPhone 6s

I have installed the beta iOS 14 on my iPhone 6s and the battery drains pretty fast

Replies

Same for me. iPhone 8plus. Battery draining super fast after 14.1 update
Same here with iphone 11 after installing ios 14.1
battery drain so fast
Same with my iphone 8. Did a factory reset twice. After upgrading to ios 14.1 the battery health went from 97% to 90% within a hour. Now the phone restarts at 90% and suddenly it's at 10%. There is no fix to this and apple responds with very curious stuff that makes no sense at all. There's also no indication if this will be fixed under 14.2.
Currently running iOS 14.2 RC on iPhone 11, not the best in terms of battery backup, 13.7 was much better with battery life. Beginning to doubt Apple’s move since geekbench battery scores are degrading alarmingly with each consecutive iOS update. Video posted by iapplebytes on youtube will shed more light on the previous statement.
IOS 14.1 installed automatically four days ago and I immediately noticed the rapid battery drain on my 6s (which had a new Apple battery put in last May). It shows it’s health to be 97%. I started Timing the drain out of curiosity and found while doing normal things such as texting, reading emails and scrolling social media the battery is draining approximately 1% every 1.3 minutes.

After reading everyone’s comments there doesn’t appear to be a solution. I was going to go to the Apple store today and have them take a look at it but doesn’t seem like it will solve the problem.

Same here. iPhone 6S + and the battery drains in less than an hour from 100% to about 15%, even if I’m just talking on it. And this is still after I did all they suggested, like closing down background apps, etc. Also, it takes forever to charge back up again! Took a few hours to get back to a full charge from that low. I just got this phone a couple months ago bc the screen cracked on my other one, but I ended up going back to that one b/c it didn’t have 14 on it. Rather have a cracked screen than a dead phone.

Apple needs to get on this fix, and not just use it as a way to push their customers into buying newer (and IMO ridiculously overpriced) phones.
I installed 14.1 on my iphone 7 and now my battery barely lasts 1 hour and then I have to charge it again. I hope Apple fixes this. It's ridiculous!!
Encountering the fast battery drain issue on my iPhone 7 since I upgraded to 14.1. I was hoping for a fix in 14.2 but doesn't appear to be the case. Hope apple acknowledges the issue and provides a fix soon. This can potentially drive away a bunch of folks from ever purchasing an iPhone again. Hope Apple is listening...
I've had the same issue with the latest update with mine my my children's phones and Apple's solutions doesn't work. This is the last straw with Apple products and their customer service, I'm moving to Samsung since they don't have these money grabbing issues. Enough is Enough its fortuitous for it to happen now before upgrading both our phones.
I just buyed an iphone SE 2020 3 month ago and just dowloaded ios 14.2 my battery drained 3 % what for nonsenses is this. Last week my battery life was 100% after the update is now 3% in 2 days
Same issue with my 6S. Before Downloading iOS 14.1, I had great battery life. Since downloading iOS 14.1 my battery drains super fast. I’ve shut down all background apps, changed general and app settings to preserve battery life, and powered off/on. The battery still drains even when essentially not running anything. This battery drain issue is ridiculous and needs to be fixed ASAP! No one wants to have to charge their phone every couple hours.
Same iphone 6s ios 14.1. After install ios 14 battery life it's go to be terrible. 14.1 is the same with little improvements.

Steve Jobs was a great man, and now his absence in Apple is most felt. R.I.P Steve, we will always remember what he did for Apple, which the others after you destroyed very quickly.
Hello. I use iPhone SE MP7T2LL/A. After upgrade from iOS 13 to iOS 14.2 battery drain too fast. Especially, when screen is on. Please, fix it.
I've had battery drain issues since iOS 14.0 on may iPhone 7 Plus. This is mostly obvious overnight. If I leave a fully charge phone unplugged overnight I would find 50% batter drain. If I check the Battery history for the activities during the night I'd see an obvious linear decline along with a single random app using 0min on Screen (which was strange to see).

Since updating to iOS 14.2 I've found the battery drain issues appears to have gone.
Last night a fully charged phone only went down to 75% which is normal and checking Battery history there was no apps for the first time triggering any overnight events.

I hope others experience this improvement, too!
Same problem on my iPhone 6s and 14.2.
While in standby mode the phone is a bit warmer than usual but the battery drain rate seems linear and just a bit more than with IOS 13.
When using the phone (using Safari) it gets warm and battery level drops very quickly, but in a weird way, in large chunks, like from 95% to 80% then it stays at 80% and suddenly drop to 65%. After an hour or so it drops to 20-25% After a reboot the remaining percentage may rise but suddenly drop again?! Please Apple fix this we need phones we can trust!