Sign In With Apple not working with Xcode 12 beta on simulator ?

Running the sample "Juice" app, which demos the Sign In With Apple flow, doesn't seem to work with Xcode 12 beta and iOS 14 beta on the simulator (worked fine on the non-beta versions and on a real device with iOS 14 beta).

Once the password for the device's Apple ID is entered, the wheel in the password field just keeps spinning. No error messages and nothing handed back over to the app from the ASAuthorizationController.

Anyone else seeing this problem ? Are there any workarounds ?
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of npvisual Down vote post of npvisual
92k views
  • Same problem here, any solution yet?

• facing the same issue in xcode 12.3 and simulator iOS 14.3

• This is a complete joke... absolutely no comment by Apple on this... Apple doesn't care about its developers at all... The only solution: buy an iPhone!

Replies

Can we get a response from xcode engineers? is Apple playing games and waiting for iphone 12 announcement for some reason or what? Stop gaslighting developers and fix this already or at least say something about it.
Folks, I noted the same issue, once I upgraded to Xcode 12.0 (and now 12.0.1). I'm seeing the same situation with a custom app I had the Sign In With Apple ID operation working on when using a previous version of Xcode (i.e., 11.x). Note: that I have also don't have any success when trying to install additional simulators into Xcode 12.0 or 12.0.1. When I install my custom app on a physical iOS device, it knows that I've already used the Sign In with Apple ID operation, and skips over the Onboarding operations I need to test. Hence, I need to use a simulator-based iOS devices to test my Onboarding operations... Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Is there really still no resolution (or workaround) for this issue? I am not using any beta software. I'm running Xcode 12.0.1 on MacOS 10.15.6 and have tried iPad Mini 4 and iPad Air 4 in the simulator with iOS 14 and I get the endless spinning after entering my password. I installed the iOS 13.3 simulator OS and they all work properly. The app also works properly with iOS 14 on physical devices (iPad Mini 4 and iPad Pro 12.9").

I "get" why Apple might have ignored this problem in their beta versions - but it seems unacceptable for the release versions. Have they at least acknowledged the issue yet? Are there any workarounds to this issue (aside from testing on an older version of iOS or using physical devices exclusively)?

I faced the same issue.
I'm using Xcode version 12.0.1 and its working fine with version lower than iOS 14.
Is there something additionally to be done for iOS 14?
I'm not getting any help from anywhere.
My App is also rejected reason being the same.

As Apple is not doing anything about this issue it might be the best to inform the publicity about it.
I mean how can they not take that serious?! Loosing a lot of confident in Apple again..
Same problem here. Add to that, I can't run my on any simulator. Also, I'm releasing my app for iPhone only, not iPad so i have no idea why they are testing on ipad.
Having same issue, only spinning nothing more than that
Same issue in emulator.
I'm using Cordova in a Ionic project.

The emulator keep SignIn with Apple form spinning to infinite.
I'm using emulator iPhone 11 with 14.0.

I've installed the iOS 13.5 emulator and with iPhone 11 it's work without a problem.
So yes, there is an issue with iOS 14.
Quick update : I have asked for an update on the original issue FB7786750. Apple has all the sys diag they've asked for and how to reproduce this issue (with their own sample).

I appreciate the initial effort but it's been 3 months since then and there's apparently no communication on this topic.
Xcode 12 and Xcode 12.2 beta 2 same issue.
Same problem here- I implemented the Apple Sign in exactly like it is recommended on the developer websites.

I'm using Xcode 12.1 and neither the delegate functions of ASAuthorizationControllerDelegate nor ASAuthorizationControllerPresentationContextProviding are called at all.

The worst part is that my app has been rejected already twice and I'm spending a whole of time on problems I'm more and more sure I haven't introduced.
I would like to bump this and say that it is not working for my simulator on iOS 14 and Xcode version 12.0.1. Getting an infinite spinning wheel after submitting my password. Looking forward to seeing updates here.
Hello,

Same issue here. I think that is incredible the fact that Apple is ignoring this BIG BIG bug. Please, we need a solution as soon as possible!!

Thanks
Apple
Still cannot use on Xcode 12 / iOS 14
Please fix this major issue, everyone is wasting so much time
Can confirm this is still an issue. Infinite spinning wheel.
Major issue especially considering Apple is forcing this one us.