iCloud for Mac is stuck on "waiting to upload"

This has been a bug for a while now on Mac OS. When you sync your desktop/documents folders with iCloud at random moments it gets stuck and never finish uploading. The folder says "waiting to upload" indefinitely. I notice it happens more often when you do a git commit on a folder that is synced with iCloud.

Are there any work around for that?

Hi everyone!

Does anyone knows if this issue remains in Sonoma 14.3?

Thanks!

I have an iBookPro 2015. I have this problems for years. After reading a lot - and may der is the one from some others: Restart the synch. NOW, I simply renamed the file and / or folder. And then, oh wonder, all of my waiting symbols disappeared. So, from my point of view - dear developers - put a re-synch menu to the context - if you like configurable as expert modes or the like.

For me it turned out to be custom DNS somehow blocking it, even though none of the custom DNS services were set to block iCloud. I don't know why.

$ ps aux | grep bird
sudo renice -n -10 -p [PID]

Didn't help for me.

BE CAREFUL DISABLING and REENABLING iCLOUD! You could lose all your files if not careful. Bear in mind that Timemachine doesn't backup iCloud in some instances. If you disable iCloud and it's stopped working, the process may make a backup in _<user>/iCloud archive _

We need a way to backup iCloud to another online service for situations like this especially. iCloud is just sync, not backup, so Apple need to stop calling it backup.

Howdy FrankTME - This worked. Albeit a little heavy handed.

I had previously tried to shut off iCloud Drive and allowed it to build a local cache in my user folder. That way I had all of the files that "were there" before i did much else. That is located in your ~/iCloud Drive (Archive) folder.

I then issued you command but with the /. added to it so it looked like: sudo killall bird; sudo rm -rf ~/Library/Mobile\ Documents/com~apple~CloudDocs; sudo killall bird

It wiped out all of the individual files but left the folders (as far as I can tell) intact. As I moved files into the iCloud Drive again, the sync started to work.

Thank you for your suggestion!

Chris

iCloud for Mac is stuck on "waiting to upload"

Q