Safari crashing iOS 14

Safari has been working fine since Monday. Here we are 6 days later and Safari on my iPhone wont load any websites without crashing. The app itself doesnt crash, just the tab crash's. Says problem repeatedly happened on this webpage and page title changes to "Webpage Crashed".

I have cleared all cookies and data, rebooted phone several times, perform force reboot/reset.

I'm kind of surprised that I'm the only one reporting this issue.
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of MikesTooLz Down vote post of MikesTooLz
18k views
  • This is still happening in July 2021 - I’m still experiencing pages crashing I apps since update to 14.6 - are Apple ever going to sort it out

• Still happening to me July 15, 2021

• This is happening to me on my iPad on 14.7.1 in September 2021. It drives me nuts.

Replies

Did anyone find a fix. I’m getting “A problem repeatedly occurred on (website listed)” when pulling up google maps on Safari with 14.2.
Same here. I think it's the google search engine that won't work. I tried to use Google Chrome. It crashed too. I typed in a website address directly on both safari and chrome. They didn't crash.
It helped if I reboot my phone. But the issue reappeared after a couple of days.
I've been having this problem for several months on my iPhone 12 pro with multiple browsers. Tried everything except for a full wipe/rebuild without reloading a backup (Which I fear is the only solution)
This is now happening with the update to 14.4, worked fine throughout 14.3, as soon as the update hits, Safari crashes when watching videos through the app. I need a solution to this as I’m relying on my iPad for work right now
I’ve been having this problem since the 14.4 update has been available. Needs fixing quickly because of remote learning!
Mine has been doing it since the update, constantly freezing. That’s why I hat the updates it gives people problems who didn’t have a problem, now I do. Please fix this, it’s ridiculous.

We are seeing a rise in this after the new release of iOS, it seems related to webpages using animations and the problem seem to be that we see infinite number of resize events happening.

We only see the problem on iOS devices and only on Safari and Chrome browsers.

Apparently Gerrit UI is crashing mobile safari now, urls like https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/ansible-role-collect-logs/+/787502 or other spcific reviews seems to just crash the page loading.

Mobile chrome is not affected, only safari, iOS 14.7. How can I get more info about what is really causing the crash?

Still happening to me 2022/12/07,This is especially evident when visiting this website: lath.dev

It seems that the issue is related to scrolling, and every crash occurs when controlling scrolling