iOS 14 Significant Impact to battery life.

I’ve noticed a significant impact to the battery life of my 11 Pro since installing iOS 14. I would average approximately 15 to 20% remaining end of day With average use. Post install I’m seeing between five and 10% remaining end of day.

Average use is approximately 5 to 6 hours per day with non-charge time of 10 to 14 hours.

It’s also safe to note that I’ve noticed a significant increase in the heat output of the back of the phone since installing iOS 14. Enough to become discomfort while in pocket.

Replies

I’m facing the same problem at iOS 14 on my 11 pro . I have decided to sell my phone . Very much disappointment. Anyone got any solutions to this problem?
11 PRO & ios 14.4 (says phone is updated)

Everything was fine until the last few days. Now...it seems like the battery will be fine for several hours and then drop from 40% to 20% in a few minutes. When I get the low battery notification at 20%, I will receive another low battery notification in only a few minutes that the battery is down to 10%. Then I can watch it decrease to 1%, which takes less than 10 minutes.

phone hasn't yet shutdown due to overheating, but it's getting hot while I'm at home in the AC, looking at photos, twitter, or snap...

Checked battery performance today - says I need a new battery - max capacity at 81% --- BUT this time last week, although I hadn't checked my battery performance, I wasn't having any of these problems.

I don't know when the 14.4 update occurred, but if it was earlier than last week, I initially wasn't having problems.

I've turned off location services, turned on dark mode, turned off notifications for apps I don't care about, etc.

iphone12, after updated to 14.4.1, really hot, bettery decrease much faster than before.
My iPad Pro 12.9” is heating up too. Constantly warming up my lap. It feels very uncomfortable.
I am on software version of 14.4.2 on my 11pro and I am charging my phone twice a day for 100%. This is getting ridiculous as I cannot use my phone as normal and had to keep it on low power mode all the time.

Forcing me not to use my phone and keep it away from me. Not sure if that is the same issue with 12 series as well.

Thinking of an upgrade if that would be worth it. Not sure what to do ????

I had avoided updating the ios, since the purchase of my iphone 11 pro, exactly because i was afraid of this. Now, the phone is heating up when i’m using bluetooth, the battery is draining, and the apps are sooo slow to respond, especially the podcast app. Gotta look into resetting the phone to its original settings, but i doubt it’ll revert to the previous ios version…?

iPhone X same with update iOS 14, phone started to heat up excessively to the point that battery expanded and opened up my phone, no indication was given by phone that it was working with excessive energy demand or anything, did reset to original settings that strangely enough brought me to iOS 14.8 before reset I had 14.7!!!! Since I had no warranty at this point apple offered only battery replacement with 3 months warranty only and excessive cost. How ridiculous is it to charge a customer for giving such a tiny warranty time period and denying that it’s software issue, where so many other people with the same issue!!!