After Installing MacOS Big Sur latest beta update, My mac is showing battery service required warning in battery Icon.

Hi, I installed and update the macOS Big Sur latest available beta and after installation is done, It is showing me battery service required warning in my battery icon, My mac is new and it's been hardly 5-6 months and used casually.
  • Is it the same with macOS Monterey?

Add a Comment

Replies

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)
2,7 GHz Intel Core i5 dual-core
8 GB RAM

Installed Big Sur yesterday and now the simple action of watching a movie on VLC makes my Mac go crazy hot and drain battery.
This is totally unacceptable!!

I've noticed it seems to occur right at the 50% battery left mark. I removed a third party Sophis app after reading 3rd party apps may be the culprit on another forum. Still is happening. Seems to be a bug in Big Sur. Anyone experiencing this?

Yes. I am having exactly the same issue since updating to Big Sur: at 50% the MacBook Pro 2017 13inch model turns off.
Same. My MacBook 13 2017 randomly turns off at between 50-80% after upgrading to Big Sur. Also I have "Service Recommended" warning for the battery even though only at 364 cycle counts.
Guys - I’ve heard through the grapevine that Apple have rewritten Big Sur, rollout to begin February 23rd but could be slow. They’ve rewritten it to address all of these battery draining, bricking, service recommended issues. So let’s pray I’m right and that the info I got is correct. We need a fix ASAP!
Have same issue on my MacBook Pro 13 2017 non Touch Bar.
When unplug charger laptop just shut down.
Made clean install of High Sierra and updated to Catalina and don't see any warning about battery replacement. But coconut still says that it's capacity only 68%.
Don't know should I upgrade to big sur again.
after 1 month dealing with the battery service recommend Icon and my MacBook Air 2017 turning off at 40-50% of battery I decided to downgrade to Catalina and see if the problem was to be solved, little did I know that the service recommend Icon will be gone but Big Sur broke my battery and now it’s life is at 42% 😭😭😭
I‘m from China,thousands of users encountered the same problem with 1% power.
And complained to ,but no valuable reply from .

I had the same issue- battery life was great (could keep working for a solid 5-6 hours at least without needing to charge, depending on what I was doing) on OS Catalina. Upgraded to Big Sur, and immediately started running through battery like crazy (sitting on sleep mode all night, went from almost fully charged to dead).
I had the same issue on my MacBookPro 2017 13" without touch bar.
I tried Big Sur 11.2, battery problem is unsoleved. Downgrading OS to old versions also does not work.
Battery-sign indicates 1% or 0% and Battery is actually empty. Battery is not chargeable.

Please fix this problem.

Same issue. Run out of battery in about an hour (battery was great, replaced just 3 or 4 months before updating to Big Sur, and working perfectly on last Catalina update). I'm not having any warning concerning the battery, but it runs out super fast and the Mac is always hot (and fans turning crazily). Macbook Pro 2016 with touchbar. Totally unacceptable.
Ok. Update from my side. Apple replaced my top case (battery plus touchpad) for free. Service recall apparently.
Hi Robert, any tips for the battery replacement? Apple admitted the battery bug?
Hi, I spend today four hours (first chatting then on the phone) with Apple support team and this is what came out about this issue:
  • I have to pay to replace the battery (240€) - explanation was that the software can't cause damage to hardware

• when I pointed out that I am not alone with this issue, they agreed that I have to take my MacBook to the store (no mail-in service) and they will check if it is is eligible to free exchange.

So I am stacked... With my MacBook working only on cable and battery not charging and with 1% power.

I brought a macbook air m1 (8GB, 8Core 7GPU) 3 weeks back and it default comes with Big Sur 11.0.1 as I remember, and I update this to 11.2 couple of days back. After the update, I notice this "Service Recommended" icon.
I've did go through NVRAM, SMC reset. But its still there, and I went on a Diagnostic test, no issues found either.
Pleas note that, after the update, battery has heated a couple of hours later in the same day while working on that day, I suddenly restarted this and heat issue been fixed. After I did see this icon and continuously.

For more details, I still gotta below,

Health Information:
 Cycle Count: 9
 Condition: Service Recommended
 Maximum Capacity: 100%

I strongly believe this is a bug with 11.2, Apple please fix this or send proper guidance how to overcome this.
I have reached out to support to make sure, YES, its a bug with 11.2, however they advice below,
  • As long as your battery capacity and cycle count are reading normally, there is no need to be alarmed.

• You can use your mackbook normally.