After Installing MacOS Big Sur latest beta update, My mac is showing battery service required warning in battery Icon.

Hi, I installed and update the macOS Big Sur latest available beta and after installation is done, It is showing me battery service required warning in my battery icon, My mac is new and it's been hardly 5-6 months and used casually.
  • Is it the same with macOS Monterey?

Add a Comment

Replies

I have a MacBook air 2017 and it's showing service required. The battery capacity drop from 83% to 73% in 2 weeks. Big Sur beta is killing my battery. I'll be going back to Catalina for sur.
Same issue to me, New MacBook Pro 13 battery health dropped from 100% to 94% in one week.
Same issue with my MacBook Pro. The problem is still a current one. The battery appears to charge correctly, but its charge level is showing as 1% and my system shuts down immediately if the power adapter is disconnected. I also get the battery needs service message. I hope they fix this one quickly.
I recently purchased my first Macbook Pro and I noticed that my battery life would go from 100% to 97-95% within 5 minutes of unplugging it from the power brick. It would take about another 5 minutes to go down another 5%.

Today I talked to a technician at Apple and she looked at everything and ran a diagnostic and my battery looked sound. But I was still losing power faster than I thought I would. I ended up upgrading to Big Sur and now my battery life is doing great... actually retaining more percentage than it did when I purchased it! Does anyone know if battery life on a Macbook Pro can be remedied by a software upgrade? I am new to Mac so please educate me! Thank you!
Same problem, the battery was working perfectly before updating, now it’s just stuck at 1% and when moment I unplug, it turns off, this is a serious problem and needs to get fixed asap
Same problem, the battery was working perfectly before updating, now it’s just showing service recommended warning and diagnostics is not showing any problem, this is a serious bug with battery on Big Sur.
Same problem, the battery was working perfectly before updating, now it’s just showing service recommended warning and diagnostics is not showing any problem.
Same here my Mac is overheating while using safari and my battery is is draining fast compared to Mac OS Catalina, My Mac is not even a year old.

fans are going like crazy, it's driving me mad...
Last 3days my update Mac OS Sur. Now same issue with my MacBook Pro 2016 battery services recommended error
Same thing is happening to me, I installed Big Sur and my MacBook is running really hot and draining the battery super quick. I only have safari open and after a few minutes, the fans run loud and battery drains.
Same problem, the battery was working perfectly before updating, now it’s just showing service recommended warning ⚠️ and I have to use my charger permanently
apple fix this shit you give us new Mac OS but give us shit I wave the same problem every time I start up my MacBook its like it going to take flight and after like 2 mint is just stop and after like 3 min it starts again every time I call them they say like ta same *******
thing reset the smc reset the nvram but its non of these things because when I was running on Catalina it was perfect end I could even hear the fans on less I was doing have tasking so before you give your consumer something check it first type of shit like this will let people get mad and leave and never use your product again
I have same problem on my macbook pro 13, 2018 with battery draining much faster, within few hours is done... Laptop is also very hot, it may cose problem with baterry. Previusly I had Catalina and didn't havy any issue and baterry last much more longer.

@Apple please help to get this fix
Same thing here!! Just posting to create more mass in order for apple to fix this thing!!