After Installing MacOS Big Sur latest beta update, My mac is showing battery service required warning in battery Icon.

Hi, I installed and update the macOS Big Sur latest available beta and after installation is done, It is showing me battery service required warning in my battery icon, My mac is new and it's been hardly 5-6 months and used casually.
  • Is it the same with macOS Monterey?

Add a Comment

Replies

Having the same issue. 2017 13" MBP. After update it runs very hot, fans spinning constantly. Battery went from 5 hours down to not even 2, using only safari. This is unacceptable.
Same here, MacBook Pro 15" 2016, 223 cycles count, after update started showing "Service recommended" as a battery status, charge capacity dropped from 8000 to 5207..... at least it's not hyperventilating...
Same issue MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports)
I have the same problem on 3 MACs. My graphics card is not working either.

I'm shocked to see this kind of silence by Apple when there are literally thousands and thousands of posts online, from Apple Developer & Discussion Forums, to Reddit, to MacRumors, and MANY MANY more social sites.

I'm also shocked Apple pushed out BigSur when it was clear that the beta testers were reporting the battery issue in big numbers. This is so unlike Apple to behave like typical big corporations that put out junk like Microsoft to make a quick buck, because Apple has built a reputation as quality over quantity which is why we pay more for it.
I have same problem as others. it's about two week that i have updated to mac os big sur 11.0.1, and i have problems with my mac battery. both for charging time and battery ran down. even sometimes, it isn't charging while plugged. my mac is macbook pro late 2016 .
please fix this problem ASAP or let us know to go back to cathalina os version.
First, I'm so glad that I'm not alone!

Second, WTH?

My mid-2017 MBP 13" with Touch Bar has been bullet-proof until yesterday when I went to edit some images from the day before and my battery is apparently dead....? Not charging, service recommended, tried all the recommended diagnostics and resets to no avail.

This machine is how I earn my family's income and to have an OS update cause a catastrophic event like this is unacceptable!

C'mon Apple, what say you?
I am having the same exact issue after upgrading to Big Sur v11.0.1 and now my mac (Macbook Pro 13in, 2017) will not charge.
I am having the same issue and my battery life is significantly reduced.
Same problem here. It's holding a charge right now but I do get the message that service is needed on my battery. Not sure how long this battery will hold. Cmon Apple, we expect then this from you. Get your game together.
Just started getting the battery service recommended on my macbook pro 15" 2018 modal. I had updated the os to big sur few week ago. But when the laptop went to sleep could not turn it on and showed no battery icon. But connecting the cable it turned on but showed like 100% charge. Did SMC reset but still getting the service recommended.
My battery life is reduced from 8h to 4h and my device is getting warm after updating from Catalina to Big sur. I hope apple will fix. i use a MacBook Air 2015
Macbook Pro 16" 2019 - 4 months old - Battery life impacted after Big Sur
  • I observed a considerable impact on battery life after the Big Sur update.

• My battery life has dropped from around 8 hours to 3 hours

• I cannot hold a charge while using an external monitor anymore (even with the massive power adapter plugged in). My Mac would ultimately run out of power before the close of business.

• The system runs extremely hot

• Massive power drain noticed while using any video conferencing app such as Hangouts, Zoom, Teams, etc.

Horrendous battery usage and thermal management on Big Sur.
Fans run loud more often then not, and the laptop is always hot.
I only just bought the 2020 Intel MacBook Pro 13 1 month ago and the battery drains significantly faster compared to Catalina. I only get 3 hours compared to 8 to 9 hours I would get before.
I also had this problem right after I updated to Big Sur from Catalina. I ended up erasing my hard drive and went back to Catalina and had my battery replaced for a fresh start! I’m never updating to Big Sur again.