After Installing MacOS Big Sur latest beta update, My mac is showing battery service required warning in battery Icon.

Hi, I installed and update the macOS Big Sur latest available beta and after installation is done, It is showing me battery service required warning in my battery icon, My mac is new and it's been hardly 5-6 months and used casually.
  • Is it the same with macOS Monterey?

Add a Comment

Replies

been weeks and I still have the same problem, battery not charging and the moment I unplug, mac dies. shows the battery is at 1% and needs services, before updating to big sur, battery was working perfectly with no issues, there's no way the battery has any issues.
Just discovered I am having a similar issue after upgrading to Big Sur. Battery shows Service Recommended, shuts down as soon as I unplug it. Extremely annoying.
Same issue in two MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports). Turns off in minutes after unplugging and showing battery service needed. Worked fine just before the upgrade.
Likewise, I have experienced a significant battery drain issue since installing Big Sur 11.0.1. This issue needs to be a high priority for Apple customers, because this may drive their customers to other products. I have a 2016 MacBook Pro, and I have had multiple calls to their tech support which I was finally told to send in my computer or take it to a repair center. Why should we have to take or send a device in that was working fine until their supposed upgrade that is a serious downgrade, poor form from Apple!

I also have a similar complaint with there iPhone 2020 SE, extremely poor battery life, which is very disappointing from a company that everyone expects high quality for the high price of their products!

I hope Apple at least acknowledges the issues and advises they are working on it. But I am sure they are worried about admitting anything, since their last issue related to purposeful battery drain issues and they were held accountable!
Same thing happens to me.
My device is MacBook Pro 15, 2017
After updating to macOS Big Sur, I noticed a few changes that can be improved:
  1. My batter life shrinks from 8hr to around 4hr.

2. It gets hot more easily

I hope Apple could fix that.
My machine is also affected with the same issue. Only 245 battery cycles!
Same thing happens to me.

My device is MacBook Pro 16, 2019
After updating to macOS Big Sur, I noticed a few changes that can be improved:
My batter life shrinks from 5hr to less than 2hr.
It gets hot more easily.

This is an important issue that should be solved as soon as possible !

Thank You !
i have the same issue!!! APPLE please fix it!!!
Same issue here.
My device is a MacBook Pro 15, 2017
After updating to macOS Big Sur, I noticed the battery service recommended alert.
Before the update the battery was working great, only 342 battery cycles!
Apple you have to fix this.
Same issue. Massive drop in battery life with Big Sur. Even when I make sure all possible apps are closed and my Macbook Air is put to sleep...the battery still drains significantly even between uses.
Same issue here, MacBook Pro 13 inch, 2020. First I thought it was because of some app I recently installed, but now I realize the problem is with Big Sur. It's almost useless as a portable computer in this condition - 3 hours of word-processing drains the battery to about 35%, then after another 30 minutes I have to shut it down. The computer gets extremely hot (as was never the case before the upgrade). A fix is needed quickly.....
Same issue 2018 MacBook Pro, brought to Apple store for service and saw no hardware issues after diagnostics. Best they could offer was a hard drive wipe, no thanks. Please fix.
Same issue here!
  • Macbook Pro 13" 2017

• Massive battery drop

• Battery drain on sleep mode

• Gets more hot than before

A fix needed NOW before its too late...
I am having a similar issue after upgrading to Big Sur. Battery shows Service Recommended, shuts down as soon as I unplug it. Apple pls provide a permanent fix.
MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018), 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM

I have the same issue. For a week now since the installation of Big Sur my MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2019) has been heating up, making lots of noise and draining the battery super quickly, in about an hour I'd say.