iOS 14 no signal, no cellular data

Hi!
I've installed iOS beta 4 on my iPhone 11 Pro and since then, I lost the signal and I don't have data. I have another iPhone X with iOS 14, and I don't have issue with it. It only occurs on iPhone 11.

I tried many things like:
  • Reset network setting

• Turn off/on airplane mode

• Turn off/on cellular data

• Hard reboot

• Soft reboot

• Reset content and data

• Turn off/on roaming

Same issues
It seems that the cell is looking for the signal constantly.

Do you have any idea how to fix it ?
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of ropims Down vote post of ropims
152k views
  • So heres what I noticed after 10 months of dealing with this issue- IF there is a wifi present- the phone automatically switches to wifi, normal occurrence. THEN I lose all cellular data. I RARELY see that both exist. So for the last week- I reset my network settings and am solely using cellular, it went out ONCE for 3 seconds and came back. Fix this APPLE!

• I’m also in the same boat and it’s driving me mad! I have carried out a full factory reset, had a new SIM card from my provider and no change, I have missed so many important calls! Is there any fix yet @apple?!

• The same issue is currently happening to me, I have a temporary solution.I walk with a pin and and each time I loose the network I just open the sim slot and close it immediately and that will work for some few hours then I loose it again. It must the new IOS and I hope apple will fix this as soon as possible

Replies

Same problem. I have a iPhone 7 . Cannot receive cellular coverage after installing ios 14.0.1
Apple Store told me that it was a component problem on motherboard and they had a replacement scheme. However since my phone is 4 years old it was no longer eligible. Basically that is it , tough luck, get another phone they are saying.

I realize after seeing this discussion that its more likely to be a ios 14.0.1 problem.

Of course Apple store staff know this but cannot admit .

is Apple purposely driving its customers to Android models ?

Spoke to Apple support Sweden, had no idea about this issue at all, so seems apple is not seeing or caring about this issue.

Anyone else having the same experience or the opposite, that apple acknowledges this as a major issue?
So I have an IPhone 11 and I've felt with the betas and the official apple update. So basically what is happening with your device is that the update is corrupting the SIM card. Usually when the new update comes out it fixes it. It worked with mine for the first week but now it's messed up again. I'm sure their are apps and stuff that can help but honestly I recommend factory resetting your device and not updating it until the apple update is released. It's not going to stop corrupting with the beta and these bad updates.
Ignore what I just said. Go to settings, then go to general, then go to reset and reset your network settings. I did it and it worked. You might have to renter the wifi password.
The situation is like this if I find myself in a place where the network catches poorly, a loss of connection to zero strips is possible and "No service". But then it is not restored. After rebooting or resetting the network, the network works fine, until again you find yourself in a place where the network does not catch at all
Only reboot helps.
If you are in a place where the network is good you will not have this problem. Only where is a bad network and can disappear completely. But then the network will not be restored.

The problem appeared after updating iOS 14.
Hi,

My daughter has this cellular "searching" issue since updating to 14.0.1 on her iPhone 7 and I'm 100% sure that the issue is caused by the update only, as there is no hardware issue; read the below to understand why :
What I did :
Backup of the device with iTunes
Then I did an update with iTunes as I thought it could fix the issue by reinstalling 14.0.1 via Intunes : Same problem

I decided to do a restore via intunes.... The phone would be reset and I would restore it later....
I thought I 'd get crazy when I got the activation issue for at least couple of hours ; unable to connect to activation server etc.... I thought I had lost everything... :-(

At one moment, not sure why the activation passed through iTunes and the phone was reset to it's initial stage....
Guess what !!!! The issue was resolved at this time ; the phone asked for the SIM PIN and the phone was able to get the cellular data.... therefore, I know that the phone hardware is not broken.
Then I decided to restore the initial backup through iTunes to get all my daughte's data back !

After restoring the backup, the problem was there again.... :-( SO FRUSTRATING!!!!
When will they release 14.0.2 to solve this software problems ? This is such a shame !!!
APPLE I will go to Samsung to buy a brand new phone to my daughter if you're not able to fix this issue.
OR please give me an option to get rid of 14.0.1 ASAP !!!!!!!

Remember the first usage of a phone is to phone.... if you break this, then your hardware is just useless...

I have iphone 7. And I am facing the same problem as every one here since updating to the newest version of iOS. I am surprised how Apple ignore their customers like this.
They just want to get rid of the iphone 7. They build so good phone that the only way to sell the new ones is to kill some of the oldest one. I pretty sure they wont admit this issue. And sadly everyone with an iphone 7 with this trouble gonna have to buy a new one. Think about it. How would you make money if everyone stop buying phone because they are too good? They say iphone 12 is 4x better than every other phone on the market, yeahh... pretty sure it will be as good as new in 5 years but it will be outdated so they’re gonna find a way to kill them. I say a couple threads about this bug and every time someone referring to the recall for the baseband. Mine isn’t covered cause its a A1778. I hope I’m not right about this. Waiting 14.0.2 with a lot of hope. Good job apple
iOS 14.1 is out. Has anyone tried installing that and if yes then does that fix the problem?

Hi,
For me, after 1 month without cell data, the problem disappeared yesterday morning, by itself...
I changed nothing, and have no idea how it was solved. I just left the phone for the night, without reboot, restore, nothing, and at morning it was working perfectly.

The only new thinks I did one day before, is to write * #06#* on my iPhone to get some informations, because I was on the way to change it for a new one using my guarantee. But I don’t think it changes something.

Today i installed iOS14.1, the problem don’t comes back.

So maybe it’s a problem of compatibility between the internet provider and now it’s solved.

I did also a lot of airplane mode on/off, to avoid to use the battery because of the « searching ... », maybe at one moment it established a correct connection ?

Has someone experienced the same ?
I am gonna continue to analyse my phone, in case of the problem come back again.

Hi ,
I have the same issue: since a week or 3-4, no 4G on my iphone.
I tried everything that has been suggested already:
Airplane Mode
Hard reset
Soft reset
Network Settings Reset
Wifi calling on/off
VoLTE on/off
3G on/off
Checking "Modem Firmware"

I even went to the store to switch sim cards.
The first time, I had this issue - it was with my 4 year old iphone 6s - then I then bought the 7 (because I thought the 6s was broken) ==> issue remains

I then tried to switch off the possibility for the phone to have 4G (settings/mobile data options/convers & data = 3G) - so it only "takes" 3G now, not a possibility for searching for 4G , and this is going much better.
At least I have a connection now.
When I put it on 4G ==> the iphone is showing 3G connection but in fact there is no connection at all...

Hope this helps...
Nico

iOS 14.1 update did not solve the problem for me.
seem like the problem was from the third party app, Lockdown. After updating the app to the latest version, my WiFi is working again. If you have Lockdown installed, go and update to the latest version. It mention on the updates the VPN was causing WiFi issues
I'm experiencing the very same. There are multiple iPhone 11s in my household using the latest IOS 14 update and they have the same problems. No reset or any of the well known methods solve it.
Got the same problem after updating to iOS 14.
iOS 14.0.1 did not fix the problem
iOS 14.1 did not fix the problem as well
Only restarting phone helps
Now i got iPod instead of iPhone XS,
Apple can't fix this for 1 month, how much time should we wait?
Is it such a serious problem???????
I swear it's the last iPhone I've bought