iOS 14 no signal, no cellular data

Hi!
I've installed iOS beta 4 on my iPhone 11 Pro and since then, I lost the signal and I don't have data. I have another iPhone X with iOS 14, and I don't have issue with it. It only occurs on iPhone 11.

I tried many things like:
  • Reset network setting

• Turn off/on airplane mode

• Turn off/on cellular data

• Hard reboot

• Soft reboot

• Reset content and data

• Turn off/on roaming

Same issues
It seems that the cell is looking for the signal constantly.

Do you have any idea how to fix it ?
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of ropims Down vote post of ropims
151k views
  • So heres what I noticed after 10 months of dealing with this issue- IF there is a wifi present- the phone automatically switches to wifi, normal occurrence. THEN I lose all cellular data. I RARELY see that both exist. So for the last week- I reset my network settings and am solely using cellular, it went out ONCE for 3 seconds and came back. Fix this APPLE!

• I’m also in the same boat and it’s driving me mad! I have carried out a full factory reset, had a new SIM card from my provider and no change, I have missed so many important calls! Is there any fix yet @apple?!

• The same issue is currently happening to me, I have a temporary solution.I walk with a pin and and each time I loose the network I just open the sim slot and close it immediately and that will work for some few hours then I loose it again. It must the new IOS and I hope apple will fix this as soon as possible

Replies

Same type issue with both an iphone 7 and an iphone 8. After updating ios, cell service is constantly 'searching' and both phones only work now on wifi. Can't adjust cellular settings because there is nothing under 'cellular' when I look in the menu. SIM card ID no longer shows up in settings/general/about (although the carrier does). Also can't reset network settings. Phone freezes for a bit after trying and then resumes operation, but never shuts down (and it doesn't help). Daughter's iphone 7 started having the issue 3 days ago. Son's 8 started yesterday. Chatted and talked for hours and hours with Apple.. did everything they came up with and nothing worked. Double checked the SIM card registrations with the carrier and even put a brand new SIM in the 7. Still nothing.
Did a full restore after backup on the 7 and now it won't activate. Error message ranges from 'activation server is temporarily unavailable' to 'an update is required to activate your phone' (it's running 14.1.. fully updated). Hooking it up to my Mac, says activation information can not be obtained from the device. Have tried DFU multiple times. No change.

Have not done a full restore on the 8 because of what happened with the 7. But the 8 is showing all the same issues (searching, nothing under cellular, network reset won't work, no SIM info in about menu, etc). Would love it if someone has any other ideas.
I’ve tried out the solution suggested by Bug_reporter and so far my phone network has not been lost when using 4G

Steps:
  1. Settings > Mobile Data > Network Selection

2. Disable "Automatic"

3. Select your mobile network manually

4. Restart the iPhone

After that, try to toggle airplane mode and check if the mobile network connection still works.

This fix may work but when you use Wifi-calling you NEED automatic mode as the "provider" switches from the main network to a "<operator name> Wi-fi". I live in a low signal area (which seems like a commonality for this issue) and my phone goes to Wifi calling in parts of the house. THIS is the trigger for it never getting back onto the main network (without reboot) when you leave Wifi. It is a bad bug as you have no idea your phone has no service, dangerous in some situations. Hope it is addressed very soon.
Have the same issue with iPhone 7 and 14.0.1 and 14.1.

Initially could get cell signal working by popping out the sim or going to manual mode... but now cannot get to the cellular screen. Reset network settings doesn't go through. Restart and DFU recovery don't make a difference.
my phone was working fine until i updated to the newest update which is 14.1 and my Airtel sim suddenly stopped working and the "no sim card inserted" and "searching" pop ups showing up... my primary sim which is Airtel works in other android or iPhones in my house which are on 14.0.1 but not in my phone... please let me know if there is any solution to this issue.
thankyou.
Just and update, iOS 14.2 beta 4 includes a modem update and I thought that may solve this issue. I installed the update on iPhone XS 2 days ago and everything was working fine. I was able to make and attend calls, messages and used 4g data as well. Then I charged my phone overnight and for some reason the issue started happening again. Tried restarting the device and everything else but to no avail. One thing is for sure, the problem is related to iOS 14.
iPhone XS here.
started to have issues only after updating to iOS 14. Suddenly lose all network connection, just says “searching”, no bars.

Toggling flight mode doesn’t fix it, have to reboot the phone.
I have the Iphone Xr through ATT which is a carrier that has cellular network updates along with the ios updates. Since i turned on my phone from the update, my service has not been working one bit.
While away at college in a more rural area with less cell towers my phone connects and then drop service frequently. I have tried almost everything especially troubleshooting with apple support on the phone.
AFTER a month of getting sent back and forth between ATT and apple, an apple senior advisor ran a diagnostic with the issue occuring during the diagnostic and they detected a hardware problem. They told me to bring in my phone to the nearest apple store to get this issue resolved.
This apple store was in a big city where there were many cell towers obviously, and my phone had no service issues at all, so when apple scanned the device, they could not detect the cellular problem and they would not give me a new device and told me to go back to my carrier.
After going back to my carrier, they discussed with me that an apple rep had contacted them and told them that the new IOS 14 had deleted the APN settings off of the iphone with the update and this caused the phone to not reach service in areas with less cell towers, or something along those lines. The specific carrier store i went to had over 50-100 people in that week with the same issue, especially the iphone xr's.
I contacted apple again and they took in my phone by mail to repair, and put a priority on it for them to replace my phone basically no matter if there was an issue found, since the senior engineers had found an issue in the first place.
WELL apple only decided to replace my battery and some other issue with wired charging AND sent back the same exact phone.
I STILL had the issue.
I called apple back the second i realized this and they told me to try a new sim even though i knew this would not work. Went back to carrier to get the new sim and they told me to just change my data from LTE to 4G and so I continued to do this and i have had a stable connection.
contacted apple again just now and was responded to with a very rude senior advisor. He said for me to just send it in again but i do not have the time for that, especially if they're going to find no issues AGAIN.
I repeatedly told the advisor about this forum with hundreds of people having this issue and what the carrier had told me but he did not address this and almost like he couldnt address it for some reason. he continued to tell me "it was just the area" after i told him multiple times it was not working in other areas across the state. I am angry and apple need to stop hiding this issue and find a fix!
I have had the same issue since updating to IOS14, constant drop outs - no service. Carrier sent a new SIM which didn't solve the issue. Spoke with an Apple engineer over the phone who ran diagnostics over wifi, concluded it was a hardware/baseline error, took it to the Apple store they ran the same test in-store but cellular network was up and the error was not reproduced there. They kindly replaced my iphone XS max considering the remote diagnostic test failure. Took the new phone home and the same problem is still happening. I am now using the temporary solutions found in this thread to keep a stable cellular connection: Turn off 4G & VoLTE, use 3G only. Turn Wi-Fi calling off. This works for me although it's a bit slower downloading but at least I'm not missing anymore calls. Hopefully apple are working on a fix for this even if they aren't acknowledging the issue. Surely they are aware of it by now?
I am also facing the same issue, my phone Suddenly lose all network connection, just says “Searching”.
No network bars.
I tried switch to Airplane mode, reset network setting but it doesn't works.
Then i did restart to solve this issue.

It happens with me 5-6 times a day which is very frustrating.

Please need permanent solution.
Me and my husband having the same problem, both just got a iPhone XR. We have to turn phone off the on again. Hope Apple sorts it soon
Also Cellular data tab won’t work without an update (that doesn’t verify over any wifi network) also ITunes sees my phone but cannot update without a driver update on the phone (which cant verify over any wifi connection) No reset setting work just lags and then tabs me out of settings without actually resetting.

I’m on 13.7 , 14.1 Is downloaded my phone randomly stopped auto updating not sure why maybe I missed too many updates between then and now. Regardless my Iphone7 running IOS 13.7 is officially a paperweight outside of lying in bed on wifi.

Gio
Portland Or
10/28/20
Iphone 7 updated to ios 14.1 now I have no cellular Data
I've tried the solution a lot of users are posting where you disable automatic network selection. It does not work for me. The only thing that seems to work is turning the phone off and on. Only temporarily though

Iphone 7 updated to 14.1
You have to buy the new iPhone 12