iOS 14 no signal, no cellular data

Hi!
I've installed iOS beta 4 on my iPhone 11 Pro and since then, I lost the signal and I don't have data. I have another iPhone X with iOS 14, and I don't have issue with it. It only occurs on iPhone 11.

I tried many things like:
  • Reset network setting

• Turn off/on airplane mode

• Turn off/on cellular data

• Hard reboot

• Soft reboot

• Reset content and data

• Turn off/on roaming

Same issues
It seems that the cell is looking for the signal constantly.

Do you have any idea how to fix it ?
I'm also facing the same issue in my iPhone 8. Tried everything but still can't access the cellular data on my phone. Eagerly waiting for the update. Fed up with this now... iOS is 14.3 beta (18C5054c). Please help me with this...
Same Issue, IPHONE XS just updated to IOS14 and start losing signal randomly, at home, office GYM, every where. the only solution is to restart.
Iphone 11 Pro, ISO 14.2 update and phone will not pick up LTE data signal it used to be. :((((
Your SIM card is out of date. You need to get a new one from your carrier.

This solved my issue with no carrier signal after updating to IOS 14.2
It has been a hot minute...
I've been following this thread for over 2 months now since late September.

I have an iPhone 8 plus and I had no issues with service or even had to think about issues until post upgrading to ios 14. I haven't had service since 2 before upgrading and have been using my little old iPhone SE with my sim. Weirdly enough that works no problem every time I mess with moving sim cards (on the latest ios), so I have no idea what's up.

I have tried all the things (or what has felt like all the things) in this thread and to no avail. Even down to DFU mode reset. Visited the Genius Bar that is more like a Sales bar where they said that it's they can't find anything "diagnostically wrong", it's out of warranty(only 2 years old since purchase), and I'd have to pay for a new one if I want to, "but still can't guarantee that fixes the problem". Sounds suspicious enough. The person also mentioned they have been receiving this problem for months too, and I'm like "?!?!?!? shouldn't apple be aware of this ?!?!".

I'm writing moreso for the people just following along like I was and wanted to say you're not alone. But maybe if we keep this thread going and have more people chime in this can be pushed up the priority list for Apple. Someone has to know this is a problem and maybe just not enough media to take action, or potentially worse... our phones are bricked and they don't want to admit it. Here's to hoping the former and an ios update comes out that resolves it.

Good luck with everyone and this really makes me not want to buy another iphone ever and switch to another brand, but thinking about coughing up the money makes me sick when us as users are not at fault.

From the information provided to me by my carrier. With the IOS 14.2 update. The software interface was made for 5G spectrum. Therefore if you are using an old SIM card that does not support this. This will not work.

This old SIM card will work on any other iPhone/Android phone etc. or IOS less than 14.2 not based for 5G interface. Therefore some users can use their SIM card on an older iPhone and those that are updated up to IOS 14.1 But specifically not on the iPhones that have been updated to 14.2

Therefore, if you get a new SIM card, that is capable with the new interface of 14.2. Which can be provided from your carrier. (Whoever that is), would solve the issue of “no cellular data/service” The only issue is a new SIM card could cost some money, it’s a hassle to go and get it and even if it works. You might be stuck on 3G or LTE and not 5G depending on what spectrum is available to your iPhone i.e. iPhone X will not get 5G obviously.
I've also had problems with my iPhone 12 Pro and my wife's iPhone 12 and 14.2. Issues include random dropping Verizon LTE signal (toggling airplane mode usually restores signal, at least briefly) and no WiFi calling. I spent hours on the phone with senior Apple support and Verizon level 2. I've tried everything others have suggested. Apple won't confirm there's a problem. Verizon says they have an "Alert" and their techs are working with Apple on this. I originally bought my phones unlocked from Apple, and they've replaced the phones. I finally returned them and purchased new phones from Verizon. Same issues on all six phones!

My 12s worked for the first two weeks we had them using the old sim cards from our 11s. Verizon says older sim cards will work on their LTE network, but not on the 5g network. I can confirm this. The first phones shipped with iOS 14.01. Everything went to hell after updating to 14.1 and continued with 14.2 and even into beta 2 of 14.3.

It's puzzling that not everyone with 12s or even everyone who updated to 14.2 - even those with older phones - has these problems.

At this point, I don't expect a solution until Apple resolves the problems in a future iOS update. Giddy-up Apple!
First we want the apple confirm this problem !!!!!!!!!
I have the same issue, my cellular signal drops and does not recover, I have to restart it.
I have the same problem on my IP11 for 3 days after update IOS and I try to re-install IOS 14.2. Cannot fix any problem at all. Good job Apple !
I'm having the same issues with my iPhone 12 Pro lately and similar with my previous iPhone 11 Pro Max. At&t had me reset so much and it come works until I'm connected with my home wifi network or another secured network. Sometimes it connects after a bit of time but then sometimes it take more to get it working all over again. Even with testing various apps, thats when I can tell its not working. I'm weeding through various apps and seeing it any could be causing the problem but taking some time to clean up too.
I have updated iPhone 8 with iOS 14 since then I cannot make calls or receive none. Only when connected to WiFi, calls go through. After all reset try's, done full updated using iTunes for 14.2. Still same. No improvement. Only way to make calls is to connect to WiFi or switch to 2G.

Similar issue with my older phone when updated with iOS 13, it ruined WiFi. I had to be like with in a meter distance of router to use WiFi.

Now I wonder if it’s really a bug or intended design to get users replace with new phone.

This sounds spookily like our issue. My wife's iphone X stopping being able to connect to the cellular network, despite wifi working. Tried everything apple suggested: carrier update, software update, rebooting, sim removal and replacement, reset of network settings. Finally the support agent suggested I backup and restore the phone -- now the phone is blank with the same issue and it is refusing to activate over the wifi -- so despite the phone working fine before with the exception of cellular we now have a bricked phone and my wife's data is backed up and inaccessible. Repair was quoted at roughly the cost of a replacement so we've had to buy a replacement iphone... Couldn't wait 3-4 weeks for the repair. Could be a hardware fault I suppose but if it's a software fault due to ios 14.2 we shouldn't have to buy a new phone really. Also why does a restore of ios mean the phone is bricked... Really feel let down about this.
Anyone found a fix yet? Or maybe its time for our voices to be heard and file another lawsuit against Apple
No fix that I have heard of and the same issue on my 12ProMax purchased directly from Apple. New phone did not come with a SIM card and once the SIM from my old 11ProMax was installed Verizon sent an automated message stating that I needed to upgrade to a 5G compatible SIM. Didn't have problems until I installed and registered the 5G SIM from Verizon, now I am dropped from the cellular network constantly. Running 14.2 and have tried all combinations of Cellular Data options in Settings (disabling 5G etc..) I am wondering if this issue is tower specific and a problem that Apple and Cellular providers are collaborating on. Am going to upgrade to 14.2.1 but no fixes for this problem are listed in that update.
Same issue on my phone. I have iPhone 8 and had a bout with No Service starting from quarantine in March when i switched to WFH. In April, after trying to address it multiple times, i purchased a Verizon Network Extender for a few hundred and after much confusion with several Verizon reps, was able to get this to work properly. it worked like a charm from April through even moving across the country for a month (took it with me) and returning to the east coast in August. Around that time I made what now appears to be the very poor decision of upgrading to ios 14 at which point it stopped working. Now i'm back to "No Service." i've tried everything, except for wiping the phone because i haven't taken the time to figure out how to back it up properly (without buying data storage from someone). To be clear ALL of the solutions work...for a very short period of time. They give me a full 4 bars before switching back to No Service within seconds or a minute or two. And i've tried every combination of turning roaming on/off, switching to 3G, turning VoLTE off (which i can't BTW if 4G is enabled, it's permalocked on). I upgraded to 14.1 and it did not help. i'm seeing in your comments that 14.2 or .3 won't work either. This is so frustrating. I can't make consistent phone calls, nor receive texts from people who don't have iphones. There are days that i restart or put on/off airplane mode 100 times, just to push texts through. When are apple or verizon going to fix this???
As mentioned before I sent mine in few weeks back and it’s working now. It’s a defective chip on iPhone 7 showing error message in cell phone settings. Not sure about later versions of the phone. It’s working fine was given a new serial number.
So I had “No Service” since the 14.2 upgrade in my house on my iPhone 7.... however today I am averaging 2 bars, about average/normal before the upgrade... no new update was installed so not sure how it is better today or what has changed, but I’ll take it...
I have the same problem after i updated my iphone 11 pro to IOS 14.2
signal stays in average in 2 bars and after a few minutes the "No sim card" message appear. I can only get signal again by either restarting the phone or taking the sim card tray out and put it in back.

really annoying. hopefully there will be a solution for this.
Me too. iPhone 11 no data - only working when connected to wifi so really just an over priced iPod. Spent 15 hours conversing with AppleCare with no fix, they suggested it was my
carrier. Replaced SIM followed all Apple and Telstra fixes and still nothing. This is complete bullocks. I use my phone for work and this is seriously not good enough. Not sure what to do next.
I have an iPhone 7 and updated it to 14.2(?) a few weeks ago. It wouldn’t work while I was at home but when I was out, it worked fine. But then a few days ago it stopped working completely. It would only work on wifi. Finally got my lazy *** to the Apple store today. They sent it in to fix. They said it was my model that was an issue and they would fix it for free. If the issue was anything other than whatever they seemed to know- I’d have to pay for it. They gave me a loaner iPhone 7 phone which works fine with my sim. Yay! So hopefully it’ll get fixed and I can get my phone back in about two weeks.

TL;DR: if you have an iPhone 7, go to an Apple store to get it checked. They just may fix it for free.
I have the same problem with my iPhone Xr
I have the same problem iOS 14.2 on an iphone 7. Everything is fine with my carrier.
Hey everyone! Just replying to say I’m still having this issue going on about 3 weeks now. Even a restart of my phone doesn’t do me any good anymore. For example: I restarted today at 7:55a, it is 8a and I’m without signal. It’s such a hassle!!
Like so many others, I have no cellular signal on my iPad Pro. I don’t recall this ever being an issue before. I’ve gone through several steps after reading potential solutions online - none have worked. So, I’m paying for cellular service with AT&T but can’t use the cellular feature - only WiFi. Has anyone had any success in remedying this issue? If so, please post options to consider.
iOS 14 no signal, no cellular data

Q