iOS 14 no signal, no cellular data

Hi!
I've installed iOS beta 4 on my iPhone 11 Pro and since then, I lost the signal and I don't have data. I have another iPhone X with iOS 14, and I don't have issue with it. It only occurs on iPhone 11.

I tried many things like:
  • Reset network setting

• Turn off/on airplane mode

• Turn off/on cellular data

• Hard reboot

• Soft reboot

• Reset content and data

• Turn off/on roaming

Same issues
It seems that the cell is looking for the signal constantly.

Do you have any idea how to fix it ?
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of ropims Down vote post of ropims
152k views
  • So heres what I noticed after 10 months of dealing with this issue- IF there is a wifi present- the phone automatically switches to wifi, normal occurrence. THEN I lose all cellular data. I RARELY see that both exist. So for the last week- I reset my network settings and am solely using cellular, it went out ONCE for 3 seconds and came back. Fix this APPLE!

• I’m also in the same boat and it’s driving me mad! I have carried out a full factory reset, had a new SIM card from my provider and no change, I have missed so many important calls! Is there any fix yet @apple?!

• The same issue is currently happening to me, I have a temporary solution.I walk with a pin and and each time I loose the network I just open the sim slot and close it immediately and that will work for some few hours then I loose it again. It must the new IOS and I hope apple will fix this as soon as possible

Replies

I have an iPhone XR with iOS 14.1 and I’m having problems with my internet connection. I used two different SIM cards but the problem persists. The only way I can use internet (apart WiFi) is turning off 4G and enabling 3G only. It works but way slower than it should be. And sometimes I need to activate and deactivate the plane mode to make it work.
My cellular connection has now been working for 24 hours .
I have a iPhone 7 and iOS 14.1
all I did was remove my SIM card for 2 days . Then I put it back in .
i had been operating in airplane mode for those days to stop the phone searching for cellular.
interestingly within a min I got a spam call from Bangladesh.
Not confident this is the solution but working so far .
I have this problem too, and I’ve read through these replies, but I stopped reading them when the answers are pretty outdated. And the seemingly good answers as far as updating the latest firmware, which I did, AFTER this problem already existed. And as I have read, some of us have had this problem after you updated the latest firmware. So we are all having the same problem and it doesn’t seem to be because of the update. And of course it’s not the simple solution we’re always told to do, power restart the phone. Done, 6 times today at least, (could be 7 or 8 times). Then turn off WIFI, if it doesn’t work turn WIFI back on. Ok, done, but why would a WIFI connection have anything to do with having 4G or LTE? Nothing, but I did it anyway. Then they say change to Airplane Mode, o...k...doesn’t work, OBVIOUSLY, so I turn Airplane Mode back on. Then turn off cellular data, doesn’t work, turn it back on.
I lose my service randomly I live in Canada on a small island which is no surprise to why I could be losing my service but I have service where I live so I shouldn’t be losing any service whatsoever but I am somehow and then it tells me cellular update failed but I try checking to see if I have an update and nothing is there when my service comes back after turning my phone on and off a few times it will come back but I can’t move from the spot I got my service back or I lose it and the one app I can’t use is Snapchat or I will lose service when my phone is having a episode of losing service and I have no internet so if this doesn’t get resolved soon I’m going to have problems starting to wish I didn’t install iOS 14
I just installed ios14.1 and I regret it so much...i can’t even access the cellular menu anymore, it just comes up as blank. I’ve done everything I can to try to fix it as suggested, but to no avail. Based off the replies it’ll probably be flagged as a hardware issue, even though Im pretty sure it has to do with the new software.
I’ve upgraded my iPhone 7 to iOS 14.1 as well (from 13.x) and I know face the no cellular signal issue as well. Only WiFI/Bluetooth working... I can’t do or receive mobile phone calls.

Can any Apple engineer explain what is going on??

Okay, after about 2 months of playing with betas and GMs on my iPhone Xs, I think I figured out the bug with no signal bars on iOS 14. The fix for me is...
  • go to settings

• cellular

• network selection

• remove automatic

• select your carrier

• reboot

I’m not 100% sure this will fix it, but doing this solved it for me so far. Hopefully this will work until they figure out that it’s a pretty big bug in the OS.

I had my phone replaced 3 times at the Apple store, with 2 loaners in btwn. And the glitch was present on all the devices after updating to iOS 14. The glitch even broke the camera and audio software on one iPhone 8 loaner I had.

The bizarre part is how they haven’t been able to realize that the problem is the OS and not the antenna or the SIM. Hopefully it’ll be corrected soon and we can all sleep better at night.

Same issues as most of you, I have sent my phone in 3 time, so far every time they have sent it back saying they cannot find an issue. Twice on the phone I was told they will send me a replacement phone cause there is an issue and yet they keep sending back my old phone. I've been using my daughter's cheap old Samsung phone and it works pretty good. Liked my Apple, always owned Apple and bought them for my kids, may be a good time to make Andriod our new family update!
Updated to 14.2 "official" release, still need the workaround of manual selecting the carrier and 3G only. At least this allows me to make and receive calls. Having said that the carrier I normal roam to [O2 UK] still does not allow me to connect and similar to the others I mentioned in my previous posts....
How hard is to put the code from a previous version, that work for that piece of hardware back into the new iOS. If hardware changed, use a hardware check during boot... iPhone 12 goto that section, below that section of code....
I have been having similar issue with my iPhone 11
everytime I leave a wifi area I can’t get mobile cellular data unless I reboot the iPhone.
It started several months into my purchase intermittently but now is happening all the time. Very annoying as I have been to Apple support and despite several visits and hours of trouble shooting still no resolution. I have swapped my SIM card and asked O2 my carrier to checking settings. It seems it’s either an iPhone 11 issue or a subsequent iOS update issue as it interacts with this particular model.
I am tempted to insist for a change of model iPhone as no satisfactory solution is forthcoming
Same here!

After installing iOS 14.1, I’ve lost not only service but also access to the cellular tab. It comes up as a blank page saying “Error! An update is required” but when I try to go and update, guess what! “Your software is up to date”..

I’ve done everything I can find to fix it, but still No Service!
Had some issue with LTE connection after installed ios 14.0 and 14.1

My workaround:
  1. Switch cellular Voice and Data to 3G only

Result ok, but just slower using 3G
2. Followed some previous suggestion. Deleted any VPN config, and reset network. Working just fine.. hope this is permanent resolution.
Uninstall / remove your VPN app/profile and then reset your network settings.

After doing this I didn’t have any cellular network issue ever since.
I am having the same problem. My cellular data won't even show up and it keeps saying that it's an error. Going to try airplane mode overnight and try again.
The "No SIM Card" started on my iPhone 11 Pro Max a couple months ago on the last version of iOS 13. There was little improvement with iOS 14.0 and again with iOS 14.1. I have AT&T cell service. Last night the cell service dropped during the night while the phone was being charged and not moving around. My workaround is to perform a Settings>General>Reset Network Settings. I then have to also reconnect to the home wifi network. This seems to work for a few days.