iOS 14 no signal, no cellular data

Hi!
I've installed iOS beta 4 on my iPhone 11 Pro and since then, I lost the signal and I don't have data. I have another iPhone X with iOS 14, and I don't have issue with it. It only occurs on iPhone 11.

I tried many things like:
  • Reset network setting

• Turn off/on airplane mode

• Turn off/on cellular data

• Hard reboot

• Soft reboot

• Reset content and data

• Turn off/on roaming

Same issues
It seems that the cell is looking for the signal constantly.

Do you have any idea how to fix it ?
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of ropims Down vote post of ropims
151k views
  • So heres what I noticed after 10 months of dealing with this issue- IF there is a wifi present- the phone automatically switches to wifi, normal occurrence. THEN I lose all cellular data. I RARELY see that both exist. So for the last week- I reset my network settings and am solely using cellular, it went out ONCE for 3 seconds and came back. Fix this APPLE!

• I’m also in the same boat and it’s driving me mad! I have carried out a full factory reset, had a new SIM card from my provider and no change, I have missed so many important calls! Is there any fix yet @apple?!

• The same issue is currently happening to me, I have a temporary solution.I walk with a pin and and each time I loose the network I just open the sim slot and close it immediately and that will work for some few hours then I loose it again. It must the new IOS and I hope apple will fix this as soon as possible

Replies

Same issue here , have full bar and 4g too , but can’t use data in other apps
In an attempt to fix this issue i did a full restore and not even 5 minutes after the restore finished i lost all cellular and network again. Only way to fix it is via restart unfortunately. I started counting and so far today i had to restart 5 times. Hopefully the engineers know about this issue as i feel it’s not common but at the same time very frustrating to the people who have.
iPhone 7 and facing the same issue. Had to miss my doctors appointment because the maps wouldn’t reroute without mobile network. This is pathetic.
Same here. I have an iPhone XS Max and no cellular connection since the update to iOS 14. Have tried everything but no luck.
I have found that going to Mobile Data Options > Voice & Data, and switching from 4G to 3G has fixed the problem. Am hoping that eventually when I switch back to 4G it will work again, but I've taken this as a temporary solution.
is there at least someone that is taking care about this issue?
is totally absurd I can' basically use my phone because of upgrade!
I chatted with someone through the Apple website and they ran a diagnostic test and said it looks like a hardware issue.

but everything was working fine until the update.
I'm in the same boat. Installed iOS 14 on my iPhone Xs. Cell signal randomly drops to zero and stays there until I reboot the phone. Extremely frustrating.
Same issue here. iPhone XS worked just fine for the first three days. Then, I left home for a road trip 5 hours away and the LTE started cutting in and out. I did some hard resets and power downs, which worked. But this morning all that stopped working and the LTE would not come back. Phone was showing "SIM failure" a lot. I have an eSIM with ATT, so I thought maybe that was the issue.

I reset the network settings, toggled airplane mode, cell lines on/off, etc. All the things already reported in here. Didn't work. Took the phone to AT&T. They said I was the 6th person who came in today with the same issue and advised me to go back to iOS 13. 🤦🏻‍♂️

I decided to get on the iOS 14 Beta instead, to see if that worked.

Well, I downloaded the Beta program profile to my XS and my LTE immediately came back. Never updated to the iOS 14 Beta at all. LTE is working fine now, somehow.

Not sure if this is the solution for everyone else, but it worked for me. Still running iOS 14.0, but the profile download for the Beta program seems to have cured my phone, at least.
I am facing the same issue as well on my XS Max and it is frustrating to have to restart the phone all the time whenever my network goes. Nowadays I’m restarting my phone between 5-10 times a day. I tried waiting for 10 mins for the network to come back up but nothing happened so I had to restart my phone. It seems that is the only way to recover the network other ways like airplane mode or reseting the settings has no effect. Please fix this bug on your next update and hoping the next update will be soon.
I have a similar issue on my 11 pro max. I’ll have good cell reception, just no data or connectivity. A Reboot or airplane mode tends to have it come back for a short period of time. When I try a speed test it times out even trying to find a server.
I have the same issue after IOS14 and it’s been impossible. My service is non existent, I’ve tried all the suggestions and it’s not my carrier. My phone is basically useless. They need to fix this
I am facing same issue the moment i have installed new iOS 14 my IPHONE 6s Data Cellular connectivity went away.
Hi,
I have been experiencing the same problem as soon as I updated to iOS 14, the WiFi and mobile data would go off and not work even though the connection is still there 😡 can you please fix it apple!!!!
I am experiencing data issues with my X-R. Very frustrating when I have a zoom meeting. Apple, please fix this.