iOS 14 no signal, no cellular data

Hi!
I've installed iOS beta 4 on my iPhone 11 Pro and since then, I lost the signal and I don't have data. I have another iPhone X with iOS 14, and I don't have issue with it. It only occurs on iPhone 11.

I tried many things like:
  • Reset network setting

• Turn off/on airplane mode

• Turn off/on cellular data

• Hard reboot

• Soft reboot

• Reset content and data

• Turn off/on roaming

Same issues
It seems that the cell is looking for the signal constantly.

Do you have any idea how to fix it ?
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of ropims Down vote post of ropims
151k views
  • So heres what I noticed after 10 months of dealing with this issue- IF there is a wifi present- the phone automatically switches to wifi, normal occurrence. THEN I lose all cellular data. I RARELY see that both exist. So for the last week- I reset my network settings and am solely using cellular, it went out ONCE for 3 seconds and came back. Fix this APPLE!

• I’m also in the same boat and it’s driving me mad! I have carried out a full factory reset, had a new SIM card from my provider and no change, I have missed so many important calls! Is there any fix yet @apple?!

• The same issue is currently happening to me, I have a temporary solution.I walk with a pin and and each time I loose the network I just open the sim slot and close it immediately and that will work for some few hours then I loose it again. It must the new IOS and I hope apple will fix this as soon as possible

Replies

Same here: After updating my iPhone SE (1. Gen) to iOS 13.7 I had issues with the cellular connection for a few days, which then somehow disappeared. I hoped that iOS 14 would fix this bugs, but in fact it made things worse.
I tried every suggested solution including restoring to factory settings. Apple support tried to convince me that it's a carrier or hardware issue, but my provider tells me otherwise and the same carrier is working fine on other phones and also my phone worked smoothly before the 13.7 update.

✅ I Research and found A solution for this

Go to your cellular network option switch it to 3G for permanently. Don’t use 4G or LTE.
This will save your life Until the next update rolls
Same here on Xr - only 3G works, lost a few hours yesterday by searching a solution...
Same here ! I installed iOS14 3 days ago on my iPhone XR and ever since my cellular data doesn’t work. I’ve tried everything
This is a bug that Apple needs to fix in 14.0.1 because this is an issue for me as well but yea let us raise this issue to Apple for a fix on this LTE cutout issue.

My phone is a IPhone 11 Max Pro
I’ve been having this problem throughout the iOS 13 beta as well as the beta for iOS14 and now the released versions/update. I have I iPhone XR

easy solution.
leave all cellular setting as default
and turn OFF the VoLTE setting.

roaming and other setting changes such as “only 3G” didn’t do much for me. Sure the signal seems strong but internet on cellular slowed to a crawl and pages such as safari stopped loading.

hope this helps.

feedback appreciated. Thx

7+, having same issue
25 SEP 2020: Similar situation here with my iPad Pro 11”, iOS 14.0.1, no cellular connection, no bars, nada.
Everything worked as expected before installing iOS 14. Tried most suggestions to fix this but none worked.
BTW, switching to 3G is not offered in settings.
I downloaded the iOS 14.0 update to my iPhone 11 and kept having issues with my cellular data not connecting and in turn not being able to use any apps without the use of WiFi. I looked into all the trouble shooting issues and tried them myself to no avail nothing worked to fix the issue. I noticed on this form that others were having the same issue with the update and hoped that an update would fix the issues. The iOS 14.0.1 came out and I was hoping that the issue with cellular connectivity would be fixed, it unfortunately was not. I’m still having the same issues after this update and am not sure what to do because anything outside of my home my phone does not work which is problematic because I use my phone often where there is not WiFi. Hope there will be a resolution soon to the problem that happened only after the 14.0 and 14.0.1 update.
So far iOS 14.0.1 didn't change anything for me neither. Cellular connectivity still doesn't work at all. Wifi is not as reliable as it used to be before the 14 update. I tried every solution suggested here and elsewhere (including Apple support).
HELP, my iPhone 11 has turned into a paperweight outside the house. After installing 14 and 14.1 I get no cell data. I have tried everything and nothing works. If I put it on airplane mode and off I can get data for about 2 minutes. Also my cell reception for calls is a lot worse and I drop people where I never dropped them before. This has to be a software glitch, please Apple fix it.
This happened to me too! I have an iPhone X (Canada) that was working fine before the download and after the download, my data/cellular network just disappeared, nothing even appears in the "cellular tab" in settings. It is a completely blank page. My phone is basically an ipod touch except its a barely a 3 year old iphone X. I also went to my carrier and was told it was a sim card reader issue which can be fixed. I also chatted with Apple Support and did a diagnostics test and was told that the "baseband module" was the problem and can be repaired and just as she was about to start suggesting solutions, the chat got disconnected and a different apple support member took over the chat and immediately told me that this issue could not be fixed and the phone would have to be completely replaced and promptly told me that "a total unit replacement for an IphoneX out of warranty is $719"
  • Side note* the iOS 14.1 update came out today and my phone refuses to update this, when it gets to the point of actual installation I get prompt of "im no longer connected to the internet" (I am) and i have done all necessary steps including deleting the update from iPhone storage. Apple must acknowledge this is a software problem and fix this issue!

I too am getting the 2-minute "grace period" that Spo7474 mentioned. But in my case, I open Zoom (on my iPad), share the screen, and wait 2 minutes. At that point, Zoom quits.

And if I try to connect my iPad to a HDMI cable, the projector gets no signal from the iPad.
Looks like the problem is across many service providers and multiple countries. I along with several of my friends I have this issue in XR, 11 and 11 Pro. Signal gets disconnected and cannot be restored unless you restart the phone. There is no soft way of getting it back. Very annoying, missed few important calls while phone was in pocket and signal was completely gone. 14.0.1 also did not fix anything. Apple should look into this urgently.
IOS update 14 and 14.0.1 “A big mistake”

I have Iphone Xr (Dual physical Sim variant)

Cellular services badly disrupted. Signal always doing disco :x

Apple common.