iOS 14 no signal, no cellular data

Hi!
I've installed iOS beta 4 on my iPhone 11 Pro and since then, I lost the signal and I don't have data. I have another iPhone X with iOS 14, and I don't have issue with it. It only occurs on iPhone 11.

I tried many things like:
  • Reset network setting

• Turn off/on airplane mode

• Turn off/on cellular data

• Hard reboot

• Soft reboot

• Reset content and data

• Turn off/on roaming

Same issues
It seems that the cell is looking for the signal constantly.

Do you have any idea how to fix it ?
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of ropims Down vote post of ropims
152k views
  • So heres what I noticed after 10 months of dealing with this issue- IF there is a wifi present- the phone automatically switches to wifi, normal occurrence. THEN I lose all cellular data. I RARELY see that both exist. So for the last week- I reset my network settings and am solely using cellular, it went out ONCE for 3 seconds and came back. Fix this APPLE!

• I’m also in the same boat and it’s driving me mad! I have carried out a full factory reset, had a new SIM card from my provider and no change, I have missed so many important calls! Is there any fix yet @apple?!

• The same issue is currently happening to me, I have a temporary solution.I walk with a pin and and each time I loose the network I just open the sim slot and close it immediately and that will work for some few hours then I loose it again. It must the new IOS and I hope apple will fix this as soon as possible

Replies

Having same issue nothing works. Zero cellular data and wifi in and out. Very frustrating that apple wont recognize this as a major issue and fix it. Iphone xs max is a paper weight now. Everything was working until ios14 update.
The same here for my Iphone 8!!! And also seems I cannot downgrade to ios13 now.
I have the same issue I have an Iphone 7 I installed IOS 14 and it told me that my celluar update has failed and i'll have to update my phone I updated it to 14.0.1 and nothing changed I even removed my sim but it still says searching instead of no sim.
I also have the same issue in my iPad Pro 12.9 2018 wifi+cellular. This iPadOS 14 has crucial trouble. I have upgraded to iPadOS 14.0.1, but it still remains. I can't get any signal even cellular data. I also have tried some providers yet still have same issue. I really need this feature as my daily job. I regret to upgrade my iPadOS. Please fix this as soon as possible, Apple! 🙏🏻
I too have no cellular connection since today. I am on iOS 14.0.1 on iPhone XR
Same for me. Updated to iOS 14.0.1 with iPhone XS. Cellular is disconnecting after 5 minutes. Only rebooting helps (airplane mode does not work). Carrier (in Germany) is telekom. Happens to my hardware SIM and eSIM used at the time.
after updating to 14 ios
lose signal then make reboot working good
it happened twice per day.
please make an update to fix it.

Regards
A.Mansori
Massive issues with cellular.. traveled out of state and now my phone only works on wifi. Restart is a short-term fix.. especially in poor service areas.
  • I also traveled out of state and since then it's 'No service' or it's a bad signal.. When I come back everything is normal except these things.. I can't activate iMessage and facetime.. also when I use apps like instagram or safari my signal drops.. I haven’t tried to restart my phone on fabrics but I think that’s the only solution..🤦🏽‍♀️

Add a Comment
Same issue. After iOS 14 update last week, loosing signals all together. Reboot is a temporary solution. Only wifi works and even recent 14.0.1 update didn’t fixed it. Frustrated!!!!
You have forced me to download ios 14 as it told me my cellular was cancelled until i did. It got stuck on verifying for 3 hours. Now i have no cellular (says searching) and i cant install as it says i am no longer connected to the internet (i am on wi-fi)..

I have no use of my phone other than WiFi, this needs FIXING ASAP and an explanation.

I solved this problem by forcing my IPhone Xs Max to use 3G only.

Go to: Settings - cellular data options - voice and data - 3G.

since then I never lost cellular data but loading internet sites will be slower.

Good luck!
Nasher
With the 14.0.1 upgrade phone is unusable over WiFi. Extremely frustrating. Is there a way of rolling back this version?
Same on iPhone 7.
Same issue for
Device: iPhone Xs Max (MT5Y2LL/A)
Software version: 14.0.1
Carrier: T-Mobile

No issue on iPhone SE (MX9Q2LL/A) 14.0

The 2 phones are next to each other at all times.

A fix is needed... URGENT! THIS IS A BIG SAFETY CONCERN.
Absolutely disgusting practice by Apple, and unfortunately a common tactic — iPhone XS works perfectly up until they force iOS 14 down your throat. Then, after over a year of stable use, it randomly loses cellular signal multiple times a day. Nothing fixes it but a restart then it loses it again 15 minutes later. I’ve never heard of a competitor phone doing something like this. The absolute most basic function of a phone is to receive and send phone calls and this useless expensive brick of a phone can do it no longer.

This is disgusting and simply disturbing. I’ve missed many critical calls because of this. I guess I’m supposed to go buy an iPhone 11 Pro or whatever the newest mode now, since Apple decided an iPhone XS is too old now and they need a little more cash. Revolting.