iOS 14 no signal, no cellular data

Hi!
I've installed iOS beta 4 on my iPhone 11 Pro and since then, I lost the signal and I don't have data. I have another iPhone X with iOS 14, and I don't have issue with it. It only occurs on iPhone 11.

I tried many things like:
  • Reset network setting

• Turn off/on airplane mode

• Turn off/on cellular data

• Hard reboot

• Soft reboot

• Reset content and data

• Turn off/on roaming

Same issues
It seems that the cell is looking for the signal constantly.

Do you have any idea how to fix it ?
Model: iPhone SE (1st gen)
iOS: 14.0.1
Carrier: O2

Although I already posted two times here, I want to add something to Desmox' comment below. Everyone should think twice before applying the factory reset. I had the same problems as Desmox some weeks ago activating my phone afterwords, but kept on trying (via my Mac) and after countless attempts it finally worked.

BUT: This didn't solve my my problems with cellular connectivity at all. Neither did any other suggested solution. I tried them all.
Currently the phone keeps searching connection nonstop (draining the battery), although I removed the SIM card to use it with another phone, which works perfectly fine. I can't even change any cellular data settings, since the menu shows nothing but "error".
This is definitely a Software issue or at least a Software provoked issue, although Apple tried to tell me otherwise.

Like I mentioned before - I am suffering from the same problems. My iPhone XS is going to be replaced by Apple due to these issues without any hesitation. Maybe they are aware of this problem?! I hope my new iPhone works better... It will be delivered tomorrow.

Model: iPhone XS
iOS: 14.0.1
Carrier: Telekom
Hi guys, I can confirm's @afzal721 solution works for me.

(1) remove every vpn profile and (2) reset network settings (3) reboot and then signal reappears

!!!do not try to install any vpn profile!!! signal will fade out in a few minutes after you install any vpn profile.
!!!do not try to install any vpn profile!!! signal will fade out in a few minutes after you install any vpn profile.

My experience with this issue is that changing mobile data to 3G only it keeps a stable (albeit very slow) connection. Once connected I can change it to 4G, works ok but then it looks like on re-negotiation or something like that (20min ish) it goes to no service again. Put the phone in flight mode, change back 3G and let it re-connect to the providers network and it works again. Leaving it on 3G, as mentioned above, it remains connected. Weird thing I find as well is that when I normally roam to O2, I now have either EE or 3 (in UK with Belgian Base number)
Works for me on 14.0.1 and 14.2 beta [current iOS]
Guys,

Resetting the Network Settings after uninstalling/removing any VPN app/profile in your iPhone will solve this cellular network issue.

I take my words back. It doesn’t solve the issue permanently. Though I didn’t have the issue for a week but today for some reason I toggled the airplane mode and now I am back to square one.

Apple please solve the issue before people sue you for turning iPhones into iPod.
How about release latest iOS 13 version again, as that worked fine, until you can resolve the issue as this is cannot be acceptable to not be able to use your phone as a phone even?
Same Cellular/Reception lose issues after upgrading to iOS 14.0.1 on my iPhone 8 Plus.

I have tried absolutely everything that has been recommended by Apple and the community, nothing has solved the problem.
I suffer this critical bug too, it's related with the 4G/LTE signal exclusively. I've found a way to reproduce it every time. When you have the mobile data enabled and working you can force the bug by simply enabling airplane mode. Then, when you disable airplane mode, you will lose your 4G data connection. When the phone tries to reconnect it does not get a working APN IP address from the cell tower. You can check it here:
  • Go to Phone > Keypad

• Call *3001#12345#*

• PDP Context Info > 0

• Check IPv4 (or IPv6) field

If you see "0.0.0.0" instead of a regular IP address, then you don't get a data connection with the cell tower. That's why you get mobile signal but you can't access the Internet. In other words, you still get access to the cell tower but you don't get a working IP from it.

Sometimes it gets solved with a soft reset (turn off, turn on, enter your SIM password if any), but sometimes you have to try several times until it works again.
  • iOS 14.0.1

• iPhone 6s

• Spain

• Carrier: Jazztel (Orange brand and mobile network)

I think I have found a workaround, try this:
  • Settings > Mobile Data > Network Selection

• Disable "Automatic"

• Select your mobile network manually

• Restart the iPhone

After that, try to toggle airplane mode and check if the mobile network connection still works.
Code Block
Also have this issue.
However I’m on roaming.
What I’ve noticed is the following:
When I receive a call, that is I’m calling this phone from my wife’s phone. I see that the network on the receiving phone goes from 4G to 3G, then from 3g to GSM and then looses the network entirely. This also happens when I try to make a call.
Since I’m abroad and on roaming I can pick different networks. And only one network works a bit better. I check if there’s a difference in the bands that the carrier operates in and the one that works only uses, and it only uses B1 (2100) and B3 (1800). While the others uses B1, B3, B7 (2600), B8 (900) and B20 (800). Which could be the reason that on the others it works sometimes for a short while if I get the right band. Data however seems to work. So I can place a FaceTime call on several networks but regular phone calls only works with one carrier.
iPhone X
ios 14.0.1
Swedish sim in Spain (roaming)

@Sebsid if you want to try my workaround you should select the network that allows you to make phone calls. All the phone calls are made through the 3G bands unless your carrier supports VoLTE (voice over LTE) on roaming, that's why it goes from 4G to 3G when you make or receive a call.

There are 4 mobile networks operating in Spain: Movistar, Vodafone, Orange and MasMovil (Yoigo/Xfera), but only the first three support the lower bands (800 Band 20 (EUDD) and 900 Band 8 (E-GSM)).

just an update to my problem.
my Iphone 7 is still useless, unable to activate after ios 14.0.1 reset. I've spoken with 3 different person at Support:
  • the 1st one sent me to an Apple Shop of a premium partner...the proposal? Buy another iPhone 7 as a replacement, out of warranty... over 300€...Crazy!!!

• the 2nd one ask me to get another SIM of a supported (??) Carrier... Waste other time looking for a SIM of a supported carrier, the result NOTHING.

• the 3rd one has open a ticket a will let me know something tomorrow... I hope, btw I'll call the Support again.

Now my iPhone 7 is only a piece of hardware useful only as an expensive door stop.
Everything is started with little problems with iOS 14 and worse with iOS 14.0.1.
The problem is this updated... iOS 14.0.1...FULL STOP.
I'm still wasting Time, Money a lot fo frustration trying to fix. I have a lot of services using MFA and without a working iphone is a real mess to get access to the services.

"Dear" Apple you have only two solutions to regain some trust from your faithful customers:
  • Replace for FREE broken iphone with a working one

• Allow us to "TRY" to install a previous version of iOS.

Just like all of you, I’ve been experiencing the same problems with an iPhone 7 (loaned to me by my daughter after a disaster I won't go in to, so that while we haven't been able to live in our house the last 5 or so months, I could call forward our home phone number to the iPhone) and with the automatic update 14.0.1 last Sunday, Oct. 4, 2020, which I finally had to use my MacBook Pro to finish the installation on Monday the 5th, the phone failed on Tuesday the 6th. The dreaded No Service alternating with Searching. I tried all the helpful hints, etc. I found online, all the suggestions, including taking it to my local Apple folks (an authorized Apple reseller, not a Genius Bar type), but balked at sending it in because my daughter said no, she hasn't had good response with being supplied refurbished crap (sorry, phones) that they send you in lieu of actually fixing yours. And it's an old phone with a tiny crack in the screen's corner which in no way affects the phone's usage.
ANYWAY, long story short (I know, too late!) My phone FIXED ITSELF! (Knock on wood) It's been having the quick battery drain so I had been plugging it in to keep it up, and last night I forgot, didn't plug it in, and it drained to 0% overnight. I plugged it in to the charger this morning, and at 3%, the phone started pinging (from messages and voicemails) popped back on showing my cell company's name In the corner, and working like it should.
So I'd like to add to the list of things to try - let your battery completely drain to 0%, then start recharging. Hope this helps.
Hi, I've been experiencing a similar problem. I updated to ios 14.0.1 about 2 days ago and immediately faced the issue. I tried to switch my sim to my friend's (he has a different network) and his sim works. My sim only works if I change my cellular option to 3g from 4g but if I restart the device or turn airplane mode on/off, then I face the same problem. I tried ios 14.2 beta, and even that hasn't solved the issue.
the same problem here, and literally tried EVERYTHING, LIKE EVERYTHING. nothing’s works for me, im having the same issue since i upgraded the ios3 days ago. until this comment is written, im still having no service.
my iPhone X experienced same problem in loosing all cellular signal after upgrade to ios14.0.1.

I went to the Apple shop but after checking, they said it was my iPhoneX’s chipset problem and refuse to repair it.... until and unless Apple could realises it is their fault...!

I couldn’t do anything but just to accept it and thinking may be it was an unfortunate event to myself...
UNTIL I found this thread on Google....! More than 100 reported cases on same problem. 😡😡😡

Could Apple resolve this problem ASAP rather than blaming their faults to their user...!
Hi, my last update.
I've been talking for over 30' with a Support Technician and nothing....for them the update 14.0.1 is not a problem....does not exist a problem. Everything is working fine(???). It's so frustrating, and it is the first time that happen something like this to me....especially with Apple.
Today I've been also to an Apple Center....the story is the same. They CAN'T fixit, They CAN'T DO anything...the only proposal is... "we can sell you a refurbished iphone 7 for over 300€"....end of the story. The absurd was also that near to me there were people with problems with Apple Watch and iPad after updating to iOS 14.
I wanted to revert back and install iOS 13 but...If you install iOS 13...you can't restore your backup (if you have taken ones after iOS 14....i'm using iCloud backup) because is not compatible with iOS 13....then you're stuck in the middle and the only way to exit in short time is "to buy" another iPhone. There's no other way....I don't want spend/waste time and get other frustration anymore...I'll buy a new iPhone because I need my data inside the Apps and to get them back I have to pay the ransom.
This is a lesson also for me....I've disabled all the automatic download/update to MAC OS... Big Sur will be the other ones???!!!
Take care guys.
Same issue. I have an iPhone X. After spending several hours with Apple Support, they concluded that it was simply a carrier issue because they say I have an iPhone model within the "X-series" that is known to have issues with my carrier, but none of this was an issue prior to the iOS 14 update. They also are telling me that I am the "only person" reporting problems. I reboot my phone and sometimes I can get signal. Other times, like today, I've rebooted several times and not getting any signal. I've visited my carrier and also tried a new SIM card. This is totally Apple's fault and their denial is ridiculous.
My missus has been having this very issue since she updated her iPhone XS Max to iOS 14. Tried wiping the phone and reinstalling the iOS from scratch but it didn’t help at all. Resetting the network settings did nothing either. This is EXTREMELY frustrating.

Can someone from Apple please take a look into this? Most, if not all, of us didn’t have this issue prior to updating to iOS 14 so it can’t be our handsets.

ios 14.0.1 ruined my iphone - Wifi issues, unstable network, battery drains.

Thankyou Apple as always for destroying phones.
after updation IOS 14 i am facing network issue. i am not able to make call / receive call. i discussed with apple support service regarding this but reply is that it's carrier issue. my Iphone 7 is checked by support service and found no problem in device. Same sim is working in other device but not in this updated IOS 14.0.1 iphone 7 device. this is totally IOS 14 problem.
Updated yesterday to 14.0.1 on XS Max and iPad Pro (2018). As soon as the update was done both devices showed 4G signal strenght dropping from full to only 1. At the same time measured mobile data speed (Speedtest) dropped on both devices to very low making mobile data connection useless. Calls seems to work, though.

Did all the resets, reboots etc no help. Forcing to 3G did not change anything, ie signal is very low on both devices and mobile data connection is so slow that is not usable at all.

My work phone (XR) is not updated yet and its 4G mobile data works just fine...so these problems are definitely due to the update.

My wife’s iPhone 8 stopped charging after updating to iOS 14.0.0. Got replaced under extended warranty, but needed to pay extra for a new device.

As a long time Apple user I can see a trend here and it is not good...not at all...
My iPhone 7 keeps losing signal since updating to iOS 14.0.1.
It goes from full signal to no signal.
My daughter's iPhone 7 iOS 13.5.1 has no issues.
Both phones are on three network.

I swapped the SIM cards the issue isn't with the SIM or network as my SIM worked fine on her phone but her SIM isn't getting a signal on my phone its a problem with iOS 14.0.1.

Hopefully Apple will fix this problem asap.

Add me to the list of people screwed over by this update.

I went from 2 bars in my house to 0. Installed an LTE network extender and still get no cellular signal at all -- literally 0 bars and it's 2 feet from me. No big deal, I'll use Wifi calling, which on average lasts 5 seconds to 1 minute before "call failure". My wife and daughter (iPhone 8 and iPhone SE respectively) are on 13.x and have no issues. After seeing my phone turn into a literal paperweight, I'm ensuring they don't install the update.

Device: iPhone X

I've tried:
  • Airplane Mode

• Hard reset

• Network Settings Reset

• Factory Reset

• iTunes Reimaging with 14.0.1

• LTE Network Extender added to my network 2 feet from me

• Wifi calling, no airplane mode (call never goes through, just hangs forever)

• Wifi calling, airplane mode (call lasts 5 seconds to a minute before call failure and dropped)

• VolTE on/off

• 3G on/off (LTE Network Extender doesn't help and 3G signal in my basement is non-existent so dead on arrival)

At this point I have my phone forwarded to a google voice number so that I can actually receive phone calls, albeit while strapped to my computer. This is beyond infuriating, especially as someone who has been a loyal customer of Apple for most of a decade. If this isn't fixed soon I'm going to go to Android. The entire point of having a cell phone is being available to people. At this point if I were dying on the road screaming out my window for help would be more useful than having my phone on me.
iOS 14 no signal, no cellular data

Q