Can't save gifs anymore ios 14?

Can't save gifs, it just saves frame of it as a photo.
So I might have figured out what is going on. It seems like they are now saved as .webp files, which is shown as a regular photo on our devices.
I have tried saving a gif which ends up on my phone without animations, then go to a webp to gif online converter and uploaded the photo. Once the photo is converted to a gif, I can save it to my photos again which then seems to save it as a gif with and shows the animation.

Apple why would I want to save my gif as an webp-file where it doesn't show the animation on my device? If I save a gif I want it to play the animation when I look at it. You need to do better on this.
Same. please fix this. I want to revert to the 13.... Why some s-t-u-p-i-d proprietary extension?
it’s strange that the can’t seem to find more discussions about this out there. It seems like a huge issue that would annoy a lot of people. I sure hope it’s fixed soon.
Same issue here.

Just updated to 14.0.1, cannot save them as a GIF. The only option is to "add them to photos" and they save a picture.

Any sort of workaround with different browsers or anything yet?
It won’t work if you use Chrome, but will work if you use Safari. Just another one of those things that makes me want to switch back to Samsung Galaxy. Aside from that issue, Apple still hasn’t figured out how to provide a sufficient way to select/copy/paste; something that has never been a problem on Android devices.
I’m still on IOS 13.5 and I think it’s just chrome doing it. I used to be able to just hold my finger on it and copy, since saving mysteriously stop working. But that no longer works also
Doesn't work with Chrome, Safari, Firefox , or Duck Duck go. APPLE FIX THIS !
Doesn't work in Chrome, Safari, Duck Duck, or Firefox.
I can’t even save the gifs in messaging! Not in chrome or in safari! Please fix this!
Same issue, need a patch. BUMP
need a fix asap!!
I have same issue... Please fix this :(
Just installed 14.2. Still not fixed. Seems it works on some sites and not others.
Same problem here on 9.7" iPad Pro MLQ32LL/A. Please advise
Updated to 14.2 and still no fix for gifs 😕😔
I also have updated to 14.2 and am still having this problem. Please fix!
Need a fix, same issue on Safari from an iPhone with 14.1 :(
Spend almost $1,000 on an iPhone, can’t save gifs right and yet my 6 year old potato android can easily do it.

really Apple? Please fix this
Same problem here, whenever I try to download gifs they become still images.

same problem! i have an entire album of saved gifs that i can't send. apple where's the fix????
TO EVERYONE:

this has been a problem for the past FOUR updates. I’m assuming people having a problem missed the last few updates and was running a previous ios before this happened. That’s correct, FOUR updates later and still no fix for this very simple thing. I, along with over 200 people on another thread have complained about this and put in several requests to the customer service email and technician email about this problem. I have even contacted Apple live chat and contacted them over the phone and all they say is ‘we are very sorry about this, please contact the various emails’ and so we all did, with no prevail. As a lot of people are saying, for phones which are over $1000, 5x the price of other phones, thi really is poor, and a complete joke. Shows they only care about the absolute newest phones in their range, and not about all the other millions of loyal customers. Smh.
I’m sure someone has brought this up but if you download the GIPHY app you can copy and paste gifs from there. Annoying solve but fixed it for me.
It hasn‘t just been a problem with the last four updates its been a problem since at least 14.0 public beta 2 (don‘t know about public beta 1). It’s not even a bug just a missing feature of playing animated webp images in the fotos app.

In my opinion it should really just convert them into gifs when downloading them...
I'm also having this issue. Brand new SE and latest update. Apple, please fix!!
Yep, been having this problem for a wile now and it’s pretty dang annoying!
Can't save gifs anymore ios 14?

Q