Can't save gifs anymore ios 14?

Can't save gifs, it just saves frame of it as a photo.
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of Dxmachina Down vote post of Dxmachina
86k views
  • Hello!!! Same problem here! please fix this!

• https://ezgif.com

i had the same issue and used a “static” gif that was saved with just 1 frame on this site and it recognized it as a gif with the missing frames to, i wonder if it has to do with the photos app itself not displaying gifs properly? ive also noticed that i cant upload transparent bg images to discord without it loosing transparency and if your transparent image is too small (talking 100 x 100) then it also looses transparency but that one doesnt repost with transparency unlike this gif situation (however when i uploaded the small image with lost transparency to a photo editing/art app on my phone it DID upload with a transparent bg so idk what the deal is)

Add a Comment

Replies

I’m still on IOS 13.5 and I think it’s just chrome doing it. I used to be able to just hold my finger on it and copy, since saving mysteriously stop working. But that no longer works also
Doesn't work with Chrome, Safari, Firefox , or Duck Duck go. APPLE FIX THIS !
Doesn't work in Chrome, Safari, Duck Duck, or Firefox.
I can’t even save the gifs in messaging! Not in chrome or in safari! Please fix this!
Same issue, need a patch. BUMP
need a fix asap!!
I have same issue... Please fix this :(
Just installed 14.2. Still not fixed. Seems it works on some sites and not others.
Same problem here on 9.7" iPad Pro MLQ32LL/A. Please advise
Updated to 14.2 and still no fix for gifs 😕😔
I also have updated to 14.2 and am still having this problem. Please fix!
Need a fix, same issue on Safari from an iPhone with 14.1 :(
Spend almost $1,000 on an iPhone, can’t save gifs right and yet my 6 year old potato android can easily do it.

really Apple? Please fix this
  • I am seriously beginning to question how 🍏 manage to retain ANY customers

Add a Comment
Same problem here, whenever I try to download gifs they become still images.

same problem! i have an entire album of saved gifs that i can't send. apple where's the fix????