Generate App Specific Shared Secret

Hi, I am trying to generate or view the App-specific-shared-secret in App Store Connect to validate the receipts made by the subscriptions so when I click the link I only see a info modal and not the key, is there a permission problem?

I tried following the following path in Apple Connect
  • > My Apps -> Select My App -> In-App Purchases -> App-Specific Share Secret

Replies

Are you using Safari on macOS, iOS....?

Have you been able to generate a SS in the past?

How new is your account?

In the modal, do you see an option to regenerate?

If permission were a factor, you'd not be given the chance to generate...
You need to select Manage under In-app Purchases section in your App Store connect account.
You can also check out our service Qonversion.io, if you don't want to build your own server to validate the receipts.

You can find it under subscriptions.

• Hi,

I am trying to get my "App-Spesific Shared Secret" but there is no place for as you show. It was there last week, I also used that to get my secret that I lost, but now I can't see :/

Add a Comment

@Aminit It does not exist

@77Samurai

It has moved to General > App Information

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

• Thank you! I was looking everywhere for this!

• Thanks for your information

• Thank you a lot, Sandya! Just writing it once again so that others notice it faster.

Add a Comment

thanks also ! I hope others find this

i had followed docs pointing to this being under subscriptions / iap, not general

Can't find it neither under "General > App Information" or "Features > In-App Purchases" or "Features > Subscriptions". Anyone knows where did that go?

https://developer.apple.com/help/app-store-connect/configure-in-app-purchase-settings/generate-a-shared-secret-to-verify-receipts

View or generate a shared secret for all your apps (primary shared secret) From the homepage, click Users and Access.

Click the Integrations tab.

In the sidebar under Keys, click Shared Secret.

Click Generate Primary Shared Secret.

Copy the code and use it for your transactions receipt for all of your apps with auto-renewable subscriptions.

When you generate a new shared secret, all apps in your organization that use a shared secret should use the new value to verify auto-renewable subscriptions.