Handoff and airplay is not working after updating BigSur 11.0.1.

My handoff/airplay devices are iPad Pro 2020(iPadOS 14.2),iPhone X(iOS 14.2),MacBook Pro2019 (Big Sur11.0.1) and apple tv.
iPad Pro and iPhone X can detect handoff from each other;But they both can't detect handoff from MacBook Pro(Big Sur11.0.1).
Same case in airplay. But it can detect apple tv.
I've tried all troubleshooting in all devices.

Replies

Someone suggested that Find My Mac not being on or working properly could be part of the issue. That turned out to be part of the issue as enabling location services seemed to have fixed most of my Handoff/Continuity issues. The only issue now is that my Mac on 11.0.1 can't communicate with my iPhone (no Handoff/Continuity/Unlock with Watch/Universal Clipboard) but can communicate with my iPad. My iPad can communicate with my iPhone and Mac. The iPhone is on beta software (14.3 betas), so that could be part of the issue now.

That said, if you don't have location services and Find My Mac enabled, enable it.
Not only sidecar but for iPhone hotspot too. I usually share internet from iPhone to MacBook. In the previous version of OSX there always popup to ask about "would you join the hotspot?" think like this but Big sur event my devices are trusted together the Bluetoohth doesn't work. And iPad broken too, Airplay too. to solving this I always must connect with cable. Please fix the issue and bring back the function.
Whoever was developing Big Sur, never tried or tested handoff with it. This sucks. My productivity has dropped by so much. *emoji*
Add my name to the growing list of annoyed customers. (No handoff between my iPhone / iPad Pro and my new M1).

Hopefully there will be a fix soon
I have suffered this bug for a week. Why such huge bug has not been fixed yet?
Besides that Handoff does not work.
I have several airplay devices (Sonos) and that used to work good. When I redirect my Music output via airplay to the Sonos on my desk it plays the music.
As soon as I background the Music app the music stops playing on my Sonos. Every 30 seconds I get 1 second of music.
When I foreground the Music app again, the music starts playing again.
Same happens for all of my Sonos devices.
I haven't tried my AppleTV 4 yet.

So there is clearly something wrong with Big Sur

My MacBook Pro 2018 is connected via cable and runs OS 11.01

Hope there will be a fix soon.
Any updates from Apple regarding this topic? After updating to Big Sur 11.0.1 screen mirroring is not working. Unable to connect to Apple TV.

iPadOS update to 14.2 works perfectly.

Any update for macOS any time soon?
This issue is making for a very annoying start to the Thanksgiving weekend
I had this issue too. I did two things to fix it. As suggested by someone else, I enabled my location services. I also had some connection settings blocked by Norton Internet Security, which I disabled. All is well now.

Good luck.
Same here! +1, very annoying and I have tried all options suggested in other answers.
SOLUTION

Pair via bluetooth your iPad Pro with your Mac with Big Sur
When they are connected go to System Preferences > Sidecar and you should be able to see the iPad pro and use it as extended monitor

(if your Mac and iPad are paired via bluetooth you need to "forget the device" in both devices and pair them again)

I hope this helps
I had the problem with Handoff and Continuity not working between my MacBook Pro and iPhone and fixed it.

Turning off Handoff/Wi-Fi/Bluetooth, restarting and turning them on did not work, even when I did it to both devices. I did not want to log out of iCloud since it would take so long to resync all my docs/etc.

But when I opened Bluetooth settings on both devices, my iPhone showed up on my Mac and I connected it to pair them. Immediately Handoff and Continuity started working again.

I have the same issue. Nothing of the iCloud features works on my mac after an update to macOS Big Sur (11.0.1)

I tried to turn on/off wi-fi, bluetooth, tried to forget and re-pair my Macbook and iPhone but it didn't help.

Features those doesn't work for me:
Universal clipboard;
Unlock with Apple Watch;
Handoff;
iPhone in the list of networks and connection to family iCloud devices.

Also when I try to re-enable Watch unlock settings says
"Your Mac was unable to communicate with your Apple Watch.
Make sure your Apple Watch is unlocked, on your wrist and powered on."
and the feature doesn't turns on.

Same issue, handoff and sidecar weren't working.

A collection of the steps above and my experience:

Sign out of icloud on each device (ipad, mac etc..), upon resigning in a new security setup has been designed (input pin/password for multiple devices). Then recheck map my... on each device - make sure its on (with location services). Forget devices bluetooth and then reconnect (make sure bluetooth connect between devices is maintained - not auto disconnecting).

Go onto icloud on each device and make sure you can see your device list (if its loading or unavailable that will lead to handoff/sidecar not working) - fix that on all devices after the resigning.

Hope this helps some...
After updating to Big Sur I was not able to connect to my Apple TV from my iMac. Nor was I able to use Air Drop. I uninstalled Norton Security which is a part of my Comcast package on my iMac. Everything works fine now after uninstalling Norton Security.