"Failed to start launchd_sim: could not bind to session, launchd_sim may have crashed"

I recently got a new MacBook and I'm trying to get my projects up and running on it. When I run on an iOS 14.2 device, it works fine. But whenever I try 13.7 or lower it won't let me run and this error pops up

Failed to start launchd_sim: could not bind to session, launchd_sim may have crashed

I would like this to work so I can test on older devices on this laptop.

Note: I got the new M1 chip MacBook so if that could be an issue please do let me know.
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of sreddy142 Down vote post of sreddy142
11k views

Replies

Same exact issue and it's killing me. I am using a new Mac Mini with M1 chip. I assume it's the Mac and not Big Sur. It only works with the simulator packaged with Xcode.

Very frustrating

Same issue
Same here! Did anyone find a workaround?
Updating to Big Sur 11.0.1 worked for me!
I can confirm that this does work after a system update. I am not sure if it is the update that fixed it or if just a restart was needed.
I had the same issue after reinstalling Xcode on my MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018).
I can install apps on actual device iPhone 8...
It was solved by executing the following.
Code Block
sudo chmod 1777 /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD/private/tmp

linkText
  • This solved my problem. Thank you!

• This worked for me too, Thank you!

Add a Comment

This also worked for me. Thank you!

I am having MacBoo Pro Intel chip, updated my Mac OS Big Sur 11.6.3

Working for me !!

I was facing this issue since long time, and finally got the solution by running those two cmds

sudo chown root:admin /tmp; sudo chmod 1777 /tmp

and

sudo chown root:wheel /private/tmp; sudo chmod 1777 /private/tmp
  • thanks!!

• thank you so much - this totally worked here. (MacOS 12.6, Xcode 14.0.1)

• That works. Would be interesting to understand why XCode messed this in the first place.

I have encountered this problem after a fastlane update. Clearing the cache did help!

~/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Caches
  • This works great! Thanks! :)

• Error started to occur after my computer crashed. Clearing this fixed it for me. Thanks!

• Best answer! Thanks!

Yep, deleted the caches in this folder and it all started working again.

It's work for me too

It worked for me too by deleting the cache