"Failed to start launchd_sim: could not bind to session, launchd_sim may have crashed"

I recently got a new MacBook and I'm trying to get my projects up and running on it. When I run on an iOS 14.2 device, it works fine. But whenever I try 13.7 or lower it won't let me run and this error pops up

Failed to start launchd_sim: could not bind to session, launchd_sim may have crashed

I would like this to work so I can test on older devices on this laptop.

Note: I got the new M1 chip MacBook so if that could be an issue please do let me know.
Same exact issue and it's killing me. I am using a new Mac Mini with M1 chip. I assume it's the Mac and not Big Sur. It only works with the simulator packaged with Xcode.

Very frustrating

Same issue
Same here! Did anyone find a workaround?
Updating to Big Sur 11.0.1 worked for me!
I can confirm that this does work after a system update. I am not sure if it is the update that fixed it or if just a restart was needed.
I had the same issue after reinstalling Xcode on my MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018).
I can install apps on actual device iPhone 8...
It was solved by executing the following.
Code Block
sudo chmod 1777 /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD/private/tmp

linkText

This also worked for me. Thank you!

I am having MacBoo Pro Intel chip, updated my Mac OS Big Sur 11.6.3

Working for me !!

I was facing this issue since long time, and finally got the solution by running those two cmds

sudo chown root:admin /tmp; sudo chmod 1777 /tmp

and

sudo chown root:wheel /private/tmp; sudo chmod 1777 /private/tmp

I have encountered this problem after a fastlane update. Clearing the cache did help!

~/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Caches

Yep, deleted the caches in this folder and it all started working again.

It's work for me too

It worked for me too by deleting the cache

I can't understand how a team like Apple can be dragging an issue like this since 3 years ago and counting. And letting users to fix it themselves with a workaround. Such a pity

"Failed to start launchd_sim: could not bind to session, launchd_sim may have crashed"

Q