excessive battery drain IOS 14.4.2

Since IOS 14.4 My iphone se (1st generation) suffers from battery drain.

Replies

Same for my iPhone 7 plus. Exessive drain. No solution yet?
I confirm, ever since I updated to iOS 14.4.2 I’ve had extreme battery drain. Like browsing the internet with Safari browser for under 3hrs is eating 67% of my battery. Have you guys reported this issue to Apple and linked this forum page?
I’m having the same issue. Since updating to iOS 14.4.2 it’s killing my battery. It goes from 100 percent to 50 percent within a few hours. Apple please fix this.
Hello everyone, I hope you are doing well,

Like many, I have noticed my battery drain issues for the iPhone X on IOS 14.4.2. Also when I charge the phone, it does get unusually hotter.

IOS Version: 14.4.2
Battery Capacity: 93%
Model: iPhone X
This seems to be a common theme. I have a SE 2020 and seems to have the same issue just in the last week or so. HMMM hopefully Apple is listening. Have not changed any settings at least not on purpose.
Btw I also experienced extremely slow charging after this update, I don't know if I'm the only one facing this issue
Since I updated my XS is overheating and the battery drain in few hours and the face id is broken ... i hope 14.5 fix that all problems
iPhone 11 Pro, used my phone no more than 1 hour all day and battery drained like crazy. Also noticed the phone is heating more. Upgrade must be one of those to ruin ur phone must be new iPhone drop season...
Does anyone know how to sort this out Ws it’s really stressing me out. Battery drains so quick and all signal goes when I’m out unless connected to wifi. It’s absolutely ridiculous I can’t cope
Same issue.

Even with no change in phone habits I’ve been having to charge my phone at least once before the end of the day, where before in could use my phone all day with no issue.

Phone also overheats for no reason.

Using an iPhone 11, iOS 14.4.2.
I have the same - iPhone 7, on iOS 14.4.2... previously I saw the Fitbit app would run in background overnight, I thought it was this. I have now changed location services to only run while using and turned background app refresh off. But last night went to bed with no apps open, battery at 86%... wake up 7 hours later to a battery at 46%, check battery usage and nothing shown as running whilst I was asleep - so what is draining the battery? Are apply going to pay us all for new batteries as this level of drainage will be degrading the battery faster than it normally would do!
Since the update 14.4.2 I have the same. Before I could use my iphone 11 for two days, now I have to recharge after 5 hours or so without doing much. Its ridiculous..
Same issue with me. Closing all background apps does nothing to improve the battery life. I will seriously notice the life drain 12-15% from full within 3-4 hrs with absolutely no use of the device. Frustrating that this happens when previous updates have fixed the problem. New software updates seem to just always make things worse on the iPhones these days.
Same issue with me too. Battery is dying VERY quickly.

Iphone 12

Same problem here.... phone barely survives 9 hours of light usage...

Normally it would last two days of light usage or full day of heavy usage.