com.apple.DiskManagement.disenter error 0 on external drive

com.apple.DiskManagement.disenter error 0 on external drive

anyone know how to get to the hard drive?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of cycleduck Down vote post of cycleduck
74k views
  • My external ssd (Apple 251GB, APFS formatted) doesn't show up on the desktop. It is visible in Disk Utility but I can't repair, erase or split it. Does anyone have advise for this issue?

• Hi, I fixed this issue.

Some older MACs wont mount if the allocation size is larger than 1024. So to resolve this, go to a Windows or Linux machine (if you have one) and reformat the **** in ExFAT and select 1024 as the allocation size. Worked for me, hope this helps :)

• I tried the above with no luck. Terminal is asking for a password but it's not giving the area to input the password, it just shows a lock/key icon.

Replies

i have the same problem, got a SanDisk SD and when try to see the archives they doesn't show then i do first aid whit the SD but now doesn't mount and says "Disk2s1" could not be mounted. (error com.apple.DiskManagement.disenter -119930868)." i need the info in there so...anyone know how to fix it?

• I have the same problem :(

Add a Comment

Thanks @jkrosado this helped! However I had to run a slightly different command to kill the running process:

First find the ID of the running process with:

ps aux | grep fsck

--> root 1234 3,0 11,0 32432423 234234 ....... /...fsck_hfs

and then note the first ID (1234) and use this to kill the process with

sudo kill -9 1234
  • Hi @YvesZ thanks for this addition. I have a Sandisk 4td SSD that throws me an error before I'm able to run @jkrosado's command.

Despite trying your additional commands I'm still stuck. Terminal replied to ps aux | grep fsck with "4372   0.0  0.0 408628368   1648 s000  S+   11:53AM   0:00.00 grep fsck"

Does the 0.0 mean I'm not in a perpetual loop and that this isn't the solution in my case?

• Hi everyone thanks for the info. @YvesZ I was trying this on my sandisk 4tb and got this Terminal reply "4372   0.0  0.0 408628368   1648 s000  S+   11:53AM   0:00.00 grep fsck"

Do the zeros mean that this is not the issue with my drive and it may be something else? Thanks for any help you may be able to provide.

• Thanks everyone. @YvesZ I'm still running into a snag. M1 Pro Macbook Pro Sandisk Extreme PRO 4tb

Drive plug in - "The disk you attached was not readable by this computer."

Upon attempting to mount in disk utility - "Could not mount “disk4s1”. (com.apple.DiskManagement.disenter error -119930868.)" After the ps aux | grep fsck Terminal said - 4869   0.0  0.0 408628368   1648 s000  S+    3:07PM   0:00.00 grep fsck

Do all the zeros mean this might not be the solution for my circumstance?

Add a Comment

Thanks everyone. @YvesZ I'm still running into a snag. M1 Pro Macbook Pro Sandisk Extreme PRO 4tb

Drive plug in - "The disk you attached was not readable by this computer."

Upon attempting to mount in disk utility - "Could not mount “disk4s1”. (com.apple.DiskManagement.disenter error -119930868.)"

After the ps aux | grep fsck Terminal said - 4869   0.0  0.0 408628368   1648 s000  S+    3:07PM   0:00.00 grep fsck

Do all the zeros mean this might not be the solution for my circumstance?

@newtperc -- It isn't the zeros that means this isn't the solution, it is that the last command on that line is "grep fsck" which means that the only command mentioning "fsck" was the command searching for "fsck" In other words, "fsck" itself isn't running and isn't causing the problem.

I've had the error a couple times, and after panicking over potentially lost files, it was mostly resolved by a reboot. (I use sleep for weeks at a time, and normally do not reboot unless forced)

After many trys of 41218 error,i use an software "wondershare" only for 100RMB.And recoved almost my file from the timemachine .sparsebundle file.

this is not an ad,it realy works!

this software can read backups from volumes from bad sparsebundle file which open with DiskImageMounter.app.

And time machine backup is not alwarys trusted,you should always have at least two backups like NAS,Dropbox etc.

Any solution come up for the 49218-error yet?

I have a Seagate 5TB HDD (NPFS-formatted), and face the same challenge.

Will have a chat with Mac support in town later today, and see it it’s possible to connect to an Ipad Pro, as some suggested.

(Have tried "sudo pkill" in terminal + first aid several times with no result.)

Will let you know how it goes🙏

@jkrosado this is 3 pages of people who are happy about your solution because it worked... I had pulled out the usb connections for my 5 tera hard drive while it was writing a movie file --- I lost everything on it but that's ok because I got those 5 terabytes back,, I did the terminal code and when it was mounting set it to the exfat type drive in an erase and then formatted for the macbook --- the whole time it looked like the disk was dead and would never work again,,.. thanks again.,..