No notification sounds in ios15 beta?

Is anyone else experiencing notifications appearing on iPhone but no sounds? I’ve checked all settings and they seem to be correct. This just started a day ago.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of litdoc Down vote post of litdoc
53k views
  • i have a similar issue. custom sounds for telegram, outlook and slack sounds are reset to default or not playing at all on notifications.

• I have this problem on my IPad. It’s a definite glitch in the program as many people are reporting the same issue. Maybe a fix with 15.2?

• Same issue here on iOS 15.1. I went through all recommended solutions and no success.

Replies

I've also been experiencing this on my 12 Pro Max running the official iOS 15.1. I haven't been able to figure out if there's a pattern (ie only when unlocked..), but most of the time I don't get a notification alert for my Messages. I'll just check my phone randomly and realize I have a bunch that came in... I verified that Notification sounds are on and Messages have instant alerts (with Repeat Alerts set to Twice even). Very frustrating!

Same here, updated to iOS 15 on IPhone 11 Pro the other night, and now my loud speaker is gone, and the volume is way quieter than before the install. Looks like Apple has a new update to make. This is uncalled for.

After 15.1 iOS update. I lost notification sounds. I changed the FOCUS setting to off. That fixed the problem.

Same on my IPad. No sound notifications! Checked all the settings, hard restart. Nothing! Hopefully 15.2 will fix this!

• Still having same problems on 15.2

• Still having the same problems on 15.3

Add a Comment

Same here, both iPad and iPhone since 15.1 update. Tried all the usual, power off power on, checked all the settings 🤔

• Same here. Disabling Bluetooth seemed to fix it. When I enable Bluetooth the issue pops back up.

please fix ASAP

Add a Comment

Same issues. iPhone X No text message sounds. All settings are correct. If I turn off Bluetooth phone functions normally. But since I have my devices connected by Bluetooth that is not a real option. Turn Bluetooth back on alert sounds for messages goes away again. IOS 15.1. Might have to figure out how to roll back to an earlier version of iOS.

This was solved by anobongjimwel in the post

Go to settings and search for Attention Aware Features

Turn Attention Aware Features off and then turn them back on

Fixed!

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of Kg7 Down vote reply of Kg7
  • Update…… if you have an iPhone and an iPad you have to do it on both

• Hi Kg7 - this didn't work for me. I don't use Attention Aware Features - so I turned them on, then turned them off again and it did not alter the notifications being on some sort of forced mute when the screen is locked.

Add a Comment

I had to turn my watch off completely.

If it was like mines check you silent mode button on the side of iPhone, it may be switch to on.

I had same problem of notification sounds not working on iphone 13 Pro Max, running ios 15, when the screen was locked. I was receiving notification on my iwatch SE. I drove myself nuts for days changing all the settings on my iphone, nothing worked. If you are connected to an iwatch also, try this:

1. Turn off iwatch power, test notifications on iphone when screen locked.
  2. If you now have notifications sounding, and displaying banner on locked screen this is good news!
  3. Go to watch settings on iphone > passcode > wrist detection > turn it off.

Now test your notifications with iphone screen locked. You should get notifications on BOTH iphone and iwatch :)

You're welcome

• I have the same problem, even if my watch is off still don’t get sounds, only sometimes, drives me mad, at one time I would get notifications on my iPad Pro, IPhone 13 Pro, MacBook Pro all at the same time, it was great.

• @AB1217 - I actually use the wrist detection to monitor my health tracking (heart rate, respiratory rate, sleep and other activity settings) - so turning this setting off is not a brilliant solution unfortunately. It does resolve the muting of notifications though. Hopefully Apple Support will find the issue and fix it in the 15.4 iso update.

• wrist detection was my issue and I agree that it shouldn't require turning this off just to get sounds from my phone when it's locked. I go on call a lot and relying on the sounds and haptic on my watch is unacceptable since... my watch requires CHARGING every night and isn't loud enough anyway. So many features lost just to enable sound on my phone notifications. Please fix this, Apple.

Add a Comment

Same thing here! Figured it might be the beta

Same issue. Notification sounds have been coming through my iWatch not phone - others aren't coming through at all. Banner notifications are working but when you don't know that they are there its not much help. Given its a business phone and the fact that we live in an area with one of the highest bushfire risks in the southern hemisphere - not impressed at all.

Iphone 13 pro max bought March 3,2022. Very disappointed. Notifications sounds impossible to be heard in street or walking. Very low volume and I've tried everything possible to fix this. It's s bug from Apple. If there's no fix in selling it and going back to Android.

Today's May 14, 2022, I've spent SCORES of hours on this issue in this last week, trying all the fix-suggestions across google web searches, like this forum! I haven't read anywhere (my bad?) about a 3rd volume control/silent mode feature on this SE2020 phone.

I just discovered a THIRD button/toggle switch on the top left outside of the phone, ABOVE the two volume buttons of this SE2020 - Guess what it does? It puts the phone on silent mode - I replaced the protective phone case recently and must have accidentally flipped this puppy. VOILA - all notification sounds work.

Hope this helps someone else not waste so much time :D

• Mine isn't on mute (I toggle that switch a lot) so I'm happy that you now have sounds back. Unfortunately for me, even without the 'mute' switch on and mute being switched off manually on my phone - it has not resolved the muting of notifications issue. But thank you for your enthusiasm :D

Add a Comment

Yes same here