No notification sounds in ios15 beta?

Is anyone else experiencing notifications appearing on iPhone but no sounds? I’ve checked all settings and they seem to be correct. This just started a day ago.

This was solved by anobongjimwel in the post

Go to settings and search for Attention Aware Features

Turn Attention Aware Features off and then turn them back on

Fixed!

I had to turn my watch off completely.

If it was like mines check you silent mode button on the side of iPhone, it may be switch to on.

I had same problem of notification sounds not working on iphone 13 Pro Max, running ios 15, when the screen was locked. I was receiving notification on my iwatch SE. I drove myself nuts for days changing all the settings on my iphone, nothing worked. If you are connected to an iwatch also, try this:

1. Turn off iwatch power, test notifications on iphone when screen locked.
  2. If you now have notifications sounding, and displaying banner on locked screen this is good news!
  3. Go to watch settings on iphone > passcode > wrist detection > turn it off.

Now test your notifications with iphone screen locked. You should get notifications on BOTH iphone and iwatch :)

You're welcome

Same thing here! Figured it might be the beta

Same issue. Notification sounds have been coming through my iWatch not phone - others aren't coming through at all. Banner notifications are working but when you don't know that they are there its not much help. Given its a business phone and the fact that we live in an area with one of the highest bushfire risks in the southern hemisphere - not impressed at all.

Iphone 13 pro max bought March 3,2022. Very disappointed. Notifications sounds impossible to be heard in street or walking. Very low volume and I've tried everything possible to fix this. It's s bug from Apple. If there's no fix in selling it and going back to Android.

Today's May 14, 2022, I've spent SCORES of hours on this issue in this last week, trying all the fix-suggestions across google web searches, like this forum! I haven't read anywhere (my bad?) about a 3rd volume control/silent mode feature on this SE2020 phone.

I just discovered a THIRD button/toggle switch on the top left outside of the phone, ABOVE the two volume buttons of this SE2020 - Guess what it does? It puts the phone on silent mode - I replaced the protective phone case recently and must have accidentally flipped this puppy. VOILA - all notification sounds work.

Hope this helps someone else not waste so much time :D

Yes same here

Hey guys. Found the solution, maybe works for you too. Try changing the sound notification of the application to a different one and than back to the old one. It worked for me.

I have the same issue on my 13pro If unlocked, the iMessage alert tone is heard. When locked, there is no alert tone but when you then unlocked the phone, the message is on the banner on the screen.

I tried all the suggestions so far -dnd off, checked focus, changed the tone, change ringer volume to low, high and back, awareness toggle etc etc

if I turn off Bluetooth, the alert is heard when the phone is locked but that really isn’t a solution!! Turn Bluetooth back on, and no sound again!!

was running 15.6 beta, so I tried removing the beta profile.. but nothing seems to help!!

any new ideas or is it an iOS bug (feels like it must be after all I have tried)

Discouraging that this still is an issue. My iPhone 10 pro iOS 15.5 has been a problem with volumes since iOS13. My volumes are a mess. In Settings, Notifications, Messages my volumes are different from the Settings, Sounds&Haptics, Text Tone. That is, with sliders at max the same tone is a different volume in the two settings locations. What's worse is only some of the Messages volumes are different. Every week I miss a few calls or texts because the volume is too low and I don't hear it on my desk in front of me when the side buttons are set to full volume. It seems like they are changing and I can't figure out why. Maybe there are too many volume control points in the system.

Same issue since upgrading to 15.6 — before no issues!

now only sound heard when phone is locked is for calls, all other notifications (regardless of app) work but with no sound. We are talking calendar, reminder, iMessages, WhatsApp, etc…. ALL

same issues on 2 different iPhones with different Apple ID: only common factor is the update to iOS 15.6 yesterday.

I tried all the above recommended settings checks and nothing.

REALLY disappointed by the 15.6 update. Regretting big time to have upgraded :((

For me the problem was that on other devices the "focus" settings had "share across devices" enabled. Note that macs also have this feature under System Prefs - Notifications and focus - focus tab - share across devices.

It didn't cause a problem until a week ago, since 15.6.1

Problem continues no sound text messaging on iphone 13 and with update 15.6.1

I'm experiencing the same thing on iPhone 12 running iOS 15.6.1. No notification sounds when the screen is locked. If I receive a message when the screen is unlocked, it behaves as expected. I tried turning bluetooth off, disabling Attention Aware Features and every other suggestion is this thread, but no luck.

Still facing the same issue with no notification sounds. I’m on iOS 16 now & I thought this update would fix things, but nope.

Sometimes the sounds don’t even work on the photos app (with videos) & also with many third party apps, for example IG reels, WhatsApp voice notes etc.

What I’m mostly facing is sound for sometime which then slowly goes to static voices & completely shuts down until the phone picks sound again for brief moments. I also tried every solution mentioned in the thread but no luck.

I also went to the Apple service center and they ran a diagnostic and the result came out to be a healthy phone.

So, honestly I don’t get what’s wrong and what can fix this because a phone without sound is no good phone at all! :/

If anyone finds a solution that worked for them permanently, please do share. 😭

(also, this thread makes me feel heard and seen) thank you!

This problem for me began a couple of days ago. No ring from phone calls, no sounds from notifications. I've tried all the suggestions here, but nothing helped. Worked one day, didn't the next. Didn't drop it or fiddle with any of the settings. Everything works when tested in the Settings, just not in the real world. Very PO'd.

Could it be Apple wants me to buy a new phone?

Try turning off your bluetooth. It worked for me. Settings —> Bluetooth —> Off

I finally gave in and contacted Apple Support today. I linked their Chat Support to this Discussion page but they were still unable to provide any answers so they put me through to Telephone Support. After 14 minutes of re-explaining the situation to TS, they offered to ScreenShare with my phone to see my settings. When they were unable to send the invite, they asked to call me back in three-four minutes to continue. I agreed.

After waiting ten minutes, I got back to Chat Support and asked them what happened. I was promptly called by TS only for the line to die when I was put through to a person after the operator.

I went back to CS and they said they were trying to get a phone call through and kept setting up call backs which I never received. They gave me numbers to call which were not connected. They asked me to call the numbers I had been contacted on and when I did they had recorded messages saying Technical Support was closed and to call during office hours. They asked me to call a friend to see if I had signal - which I did successfully. They asked me to turn my phone off and on again.

After 129 minutes of waiting for a call back, they suggested scheduling one for 9am tomorrow. Once they eventually got the right 9am time zone, I let it drop.

Apparently there is no record of sound notifications not working and for some reason Apple is not functionally aware of this Discussion Page on their forums. So I recommend that as many of us that are patient enough contact Apple Support and ask them why our phones aren’t working properly because apparently they’re unaware of it being a bigger issue than just my device.

I will report back tomorrow after my phone call with them if it happens.

Turning off Bluetooth does work, however I cannot lose that functionality. Besides which, the phone worked properly for us all before, why should we have to miss out on a substantial feature due to a glitch in their programming?

Apple Telephone Support didn’t call at the organised 9am time. The called at 9:30am. we spoke and troubleshooted until 11am but were unable to find any solutions or causes for the lack of sound notifications on the Lock Screen other than turning off Bluetooth.

I now have appointments, so they are going to call me back tomorrow at 9am to continue troubleshooting.

unfortunately it was difficult to test things as I only have one phone and to get the phone to lock whilst in a phone call is impossible.

outcome: solution and cause still not identified.

iOS 16.0.2 and this just starting happening to me today. iPhone 12 Pro Max. If I’m on my phone, I get notification banners and sound, silent button flipped up, but if I lock my screen, put my phone down or in my pocket, I get notifications but zero sound. I’ve tried all the tweaks and possible solutions here with no luck. Hopefully Apple can fix this. I’m also a watch user in that helps any.

I have a new iPhone 14 Pro iOS 16.03 and have tried all suggestions in this thread and other dorus with no luck. Turning Bluetooth of or health apps in Apple Watch is not a sollution. This issue has been discussed in so many forums for so long. I am disappointed that Apple don´t act and resolve this.

Hi there,

You might have better luck asking this question over in Apple Support Communities run by Apple Support.

I am now experiencing this problem where my phone will play a sound for calls but not for notifications, it just vibrates. Is there a fix for this? I am running iOS 16.1.2 and I have tried restarting my phone.

No notification sounds in ios15 beta?

Q