About using com.apple.developer.kernel.increased-memory-limit entitlement.

Is the com.apple.developer.kernel.increased-memory-limit entitlement working as of iOS 15 Beta 3.

As of right now if I try to add this entitlement on Beta 3 or below, the Automatic Signing fails.

How much extra memory would be provided for an Application or its extension with this entitlement?

Hello! Did you find a solution to this?

Unfortunately no

@Danny182, Just tested it and it appears to be working.

I've tried adding com.apple.developer.kernel.increased-memory-limit to my app's .entitlements file

All entitlements must be authorised by a provisioning profile [1], so you can’t just add them to that file. For a standard entitlement, like this one, Xcode has a nice workflow, namely the Signing & Capabilities editor. Use that to add the Extended Virtual Addressing capability.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

[1] On iOS. On macOS this is more nuanced (-:

I'm confused.

Yeah, sorry about that. Let’s see if we can sort this out.

There are two entitlements in play here [1]:

• com.apple.developer.kernel.increased-memory-limit — This is documented here. It’s shown as Increased Memory Limit in Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles and is not available in Xcode’s Signing & Capabilities editor (I’m testing with 13.1).

• com.apple.developer.kernel.extended-virtual-addressing — AFAICT this isn’t listed in the documentation. It’s shown as Extended Virtual Address Space in Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles and as Extended Virtual Addressing in Xcode.

If you want to use com.apple.developer.kernel.increased-memory-limit with Xcode’s automatic code signing, follow the steps in the New Process section of Using the Multicast Networking Additional Capability, substituting Increased Memory Limit for Multicast Networking and com.apple.developer.kernel.extended-virtual-addressing for com.apple.developer.networking.multicast. I just tested that process here in my office and it works a treat.

Finally, I think it’s safe to say that our tools and documentation could do with an update here (-; I’ve filed three bugs about this:

• The developer web site should use the same name as Xcode for the Extended Virtual Addressing capability (r. 85494956).

• The documentation should cover com.apple.developer.kernel.extended-virtual-addressing (r. 85495034).

• Xcode should have an Increased Memory Limit capability (r. 85495088).

*phew*

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

[1] There are also a bunch of special entitlements related to this, but I’m going to focus on the stuff that’s available publicly.

Thanks for the guide, I didn't have any issues with signing. Although calling os_proc_available_memory() on app launch, still gives me the same old memory which I had. I'm running in IOS 15.3 and in an Iphone 8.

AVAILABLE MEMORY TO APP IS: 1510554784 BYTES
WHICH IS: 1.4067985117435455 GB
About using com.apple.developer.kernel.increased-memory-limit entitlement.

Q