Missing (or invalid) dSYMs

Hi,

We are using Firebase Crashlytics to collect crashes from our app. Firebase Crashlytics says that the dSYM is missing to process crashes for the recent two versions of our app. We have recently not changed anything in our app distribution process (it is based on CI/CD). For the non-product change, we moved one of our internal frameworks to be managed by SPM (previously Carthage).

In build settings, we have set :

• Debug information format: DWARF with dSYM Files
  • Enable bitcode: Yes

Because of the latter, we manually download all dSYMs from the AppStoreConnect page and upload them to the Firebase Crashlytics for each new version.

I've double-checked the UUID's and the one mentioned by Firebase is missing in the downloaded (from the AppStoreConnect) zip file. The zip file contains dSYM for our app but with a different UUID.

Is there anything I can do to verify that generated dSYMs have the correct UUID?

Not sure if this is related, but when I try to download crashes via Xcode Organiser, I got an error:

Unable to download crash information.

An error occurred preventing Xcode from downloading updated crash information. The value “2021-07-27T00:00:00Z” is invalid. Please try again later.

Accepted Reply

It looks like someone (Apple or Firebase) has fixed the issue. We can see crashes reports for the recent release. Can anyone confirm?

• Yep, it's working fine for us as well. A build we had uploaded on 30th Aug 2021, had the dsym UUID being correctly generated.

Xcode organiser also now works properly for builds after 30th Aug 2021.

Old builds which were affected still don't work on xcode organiser. For old builds we are patching the dsym using one of the blog posts linked above, and we are able to symbolicate crashes for them on Instabug.

Add a Comment

Replies

Anyone else running into the problem AGAIN as well?

We also had the problem back then in August, then it started working again, and now it seems to be broken again. I applied the same UUID fix as back then and that does the trick.

• Can you please open a bug report and include your numeric Apple app ID or bundle ID? Please post the FB number for your bug report in a new answer (not comment) to make sure I see it.

• We have the same issue here. I opened a bug report yesterday (FB9723750)

• Thanks @MatKuznik for creating a bug.

Sorry @edford I haven't seen your message, I thought I'd receive an email when someone comments on my post, but didn't look like or I missed it.

Add a Comment

Created another bug report FB9735670 @edford

Same issue FB9751225

Apple seems to have fixed it again. Can anyone else confirm? @MatKuznik @dkdd

• Yes, it looks like it works again

Add a Comment

And it is gone again for me....

• Same for us. And for whatever reason we also can't see the link to download DSYMs from AppStoreConnect.

@douwe Can you see DSYMs on AppStoreConnect? (e.g. TestFlight -> Build Metadata)

• Same issue here. @douwe @flmat see also: https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/700051

Add a Comment