Migrate app from personal account to business account

I want to release an app under my company's name.

From what I understand you need a DUNS number to verify your business. Because that takes about 30 days to be granted, I was thinking of releasing the app under my personal name and then moving it to the business account.

Is that something I could do?

Thanks

Answered by DTS Engineer in 907571022

The best way to deal with this problem is to avoid creating it in the first place. That is, when you start developing an app, do so as a member of the team that intends to publish the app. Ideally that’d be on Organization team, so the Account Holder can add you as an App Manager or Developer [1].

However, if you didn’t do that there there are two standard ways of tackling this problem:

The first option is the most seemless, but it only makes sense if the Organization doesn’t currently have a team.

The second option comes with some caveats; see the docs for the details.

Share and Enjoy
—
Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

[1] See Developer Account Help > Access > Apple Developer Program Roles.

DeMasse, Have found any solution for this. I have done test flight using personal account. Now i want to release app under my company account. Have able to do that.

I have the same problem, Its very confusines, all my apps sghould be under business account, but in the app store its against my personal name. I have done the duns thing, and when i deployed I needed to do the business thing to actually deploy since releaseing as a peronal account was not allowed. so why is it so complicated to do somthing so simple?

The best way to deal with this problem is to avoid creating it in the first place. That is, when you start developing an app, do so as a member of the team that intends to publish the app. Ideally that’d be on Organization team, so the Account Holder can add you as an App Manager or Developer [1].

However, if you didn’t do that there there are two standard ways of tackling this problem:

The first option is the most seemless, but it only makes sense if the Organization doesn’t currently have a team.

The second option comes with some caveats; see the docs for the details.

Share and Enjoy
—
Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

[1] See Developer Account Help > Access > Apple Developer Program Roles.

Migrate app from personal account to business account
 
 
Q