My system Data takes 71Gb

pls what’s going and how can i resolve this mess

• Mine is stuck at 21.54 gigabytes. It has been this way since 15.4 . I’ve contacted Apple Support and I was told this is an ongoing issue and there is NO fix . I’m very annoyed because I’m constantly having to delete photos and my business is all on my phone because I do not have an iPad for Procreate. I can’t have any music downloaded . Very close to retiring from Apple and switching to Samsung !!!!!

• I guess they really don't have a solution for it yet. having the iPhone useless every now and then is more than annoying and as you said it is time to switch, apple is now what is used to be and the iphone is not the same

• Mine is taking up 120 gigs. What do I do?

Add a Comment

Accepted Reply

Did you purge all caches, notably in Safari ?

Get details here on how to do:

h t t p s : / / w w w.macworld.com/article/232651/iphone-other-storage-what-is-it-and-how-do-you-delete-it.html

Post marked as downvoted Up vote reply of Claude31 Down vote reply of Claude31
Post marked as solved
  • This site will help you better.. : [https://not.justsolutionsproducts.com/iphone-other-storage-what-is-it-and-how-to-delete-it/)

• Do You really think safari is consuming this amount of data?

Add a Comment

Replies

I've had this problem for so long, through different IOS versions. The only solution I've found is just what others have said - wipe the phone. I'm using an iPhone 7 and its struggling already, but the fact that my system takes 23gb out of 32 makes it worse. Every time I try to delete something the space is free for a few hours or a day then my system eats it right back up. I'm getting really sick of this, my phone is literally unusable because my storage is so full (i.e. I can't send or receive texts, calling only works half the time, my apps are all invisible, they all crash, my wifi, data, and bluetooth barely work, boot loops happen all the time, all of my notes get deleted, and the list goes on and on). So basically if someone finds a solution other than the nuclear option I would be very appreciative.

I FOUND AN EASY QUICK FIX! Simply try restarting your phone. I have an iPhone 11 pro 64gb and dumb "System data" was taking up 25gb of storage. After a reboot it dropped all the way down to 8gb!! Don't worry about having to restore your phone or delete every app on your phone. Try this first since it's so simple!

• What do you think is the first thing a user does, when he/she is affected by this error? Maybe it helped in your case. But if you read the complete thread, you'll see: it's not that simple.

Add a Comment

My iPhone XR (256GB) was showing approximately 230GB of System Data. Tried everything but nothing helped. Finally I decided to take the plunge and installed iOS 16 beta. After installing iOS 16, System Data went from 230GB to 26GB.

• The last update to 15.6 seemed to fix this issue for me. But I think they just changed the display. SysInfo shows 2 GB of free space only, whereas in iOS it show 13 GB of free space. When the filesystem runs full, the phone becomes very laggy and unresponsive. Which it is doing right now. Hope iOS 16 brings some relief.

• this was never a problem for me until I just got the 14 pro max. All of a sudden, my system data is maxing out. I've deleted messages, apps I don't use, done two erase/restore with iCloud backups and the same thing is happening every time. it just grows right back to max out my space.

Add a Comment

this was never a problem for me until I just got the 14 pro max. All of a sudden, my system data is maxing out. I've deleted messages, apps I don't use, done two erase/restore with iCloud backups and the same thing is happening every time. it just grows right back to max out my space.

• I’m having the exact same issue with iPhone 14 pro max. Thought it was due to iCloud Photos as they hadn’t downloaded yet. Woke up yesterday morning with over 700GB in other system data. The iCloud Photos have since fully downloaded however still have 500GB in other system data. I’ve done a restore but still having same issues, only workaround is that I have to restart iPhone to clear knowing by the next day it will have filled up again

• Having the same issues here with an iPhone 14 Pro Max which has 512gb, yesterday I only had 3GB left due to System Data filling up

I have absolutely no clue how to resolve this issue and it’s a right PIA

I don’t want to completely factory restore my phone, because it took about a day to ensure my phone was back to normal with bank apps, authorising apps, etc etc

This has never happened before and I’m fuming it’s happening now!

I have tried deleting WhatsApp, and that doesn’t work

Help!!

• Hi there, I have owned my iPhone 14 Pro for about 6 hours now and encountered a system data storage swell of 88gb on my 256gb phone. Installing iOS 16.0.1 appears to have lowered it to 9.73gb -- for now.

[ )

• I have found that leaving it off wifi and on 4G (5G not available in area so not tested) seems to stop it from downloading in the background and filling the other system data over the last 24 hours or so.

Add a Comment

I switch from an iPhone X to an iPhone 13 and the other system data fill the storage between two or more hours.

I found many answers about that in two other posts:

To solve this problem, I try:

• Load the iPhone X backup on another iPhone (the storage was smaller, but I don't observe the problem, the backup is safe).
  • Clean installation of iOS 15.7, the storage was still filling, so I upgrade to iOS 16.0 but it didn't change anything.
  • Disconnect and reconnect the iCloud account.
  • From Photos, I switch the setting Optimise iPhone Storage to Download and Keep Originals, keep my iPhone unlocked in Photos and download all.
  • Empty the cache of all applications.

I try to retrieve some logs and the only one is a crash of an iCloud process. Downloading all the photos limited the time needed before the storage was full, but didn't stop the disk from filling. The problem seems to occur when the iCloud account is connected, and when photos or files are synchronise. In my case, a reboot frees the other system data. An option to limit the cache and preserve the system would be a good idea.

If you want to consult the crash :

• I contacted the Apple Support, but nobody could help me. The easiest solution is to reset the device, and a factory reset on iOS 16.0.3 solve the problem on my iPhone 13. When iCloud synchronised all files, photos and messages the cache grow up during the download and delete all other system data after. Reinstalling the device can take some time. It is important not to load a backup.

Add a Comment

I'm facing the same issue it started with my photo app growing up in space aside with system data. tried every thing and got in touch with apple support but all they do is simple things that I did many times but the problem still the same. I'm using iPhone 13 pro, IOS 16.0.2 I guess it is a problem caused by IOS 15 and they still can't fix it. Now I can't backup my device to a PC or Mac, can't move my photos to icloud of any other storage service. Every night i plug the device to a power source i woke up in the morning and find a message on the screen saying the storage is full. Apple support guys keep saying it is a simple thing and can be fixed easy and quick but they couldn't solve it yet

I have an iPhone 11 and an iPhone 13 mini with identical configuration and iOS 16.0.2 on both. On the 13 mini the system data grows to max, but on the 11 the system data stays at a stable level. The 13 mini is on 5G the 11 is on 4G. Fortunately, for me, a power off/on reset of the 13 mini brings back my system data to a reasonable value, but after a day or so the system data has reached max again. Since a lot of people have the same problem, I don't think that the problem is caused by 3rd party apps because we all have different apps on our phones. All tips about deleting the Safari cache and checking the memory use of different apps are almost meaningless. In the apps list usually the app size is less than 1 GB and the documents and data is less, unless you have stored a lot of media files. But these files are not a part of the grey colored part of the bar graph. The owner of the system data cannot be identified and probably it is the iOS itself that allocates memory without freeing it again. The system data is much bigger than almost any other app and/or data. At the moment, in my case, it seems that it may be dependent of which iPhone model you have and/or it may be 4G versus 5G dependent.

Same problem.

Got my iphone 14 pro max yesterday.

1. Went through setup process, including update of iOS to 16.0.2
  2. transfered my iphone 12 pro max to my new 14 pro max via iCloud restore
  3. Logged in all the apps
  4. Went to sleep with “79 GB of 256 GB Used”

Woke up this morning:

1. System data ballooned over night to “195 GB of 256 Used”

The same issue has happened to my wife one year ago when she bought a new iphone 13 pro max. System data grew massively during that first night after the transfer from the older iphone. Massive surprise for her in the morning. Now the same thing has happened to me. #storageanxiety

I read in the last edition of my computer magazine this tipp:

Goto Settings, than „Siri and Search“ In the setting of every app turn off „Show content in search“ (maybe it’s called something different, because having a German phone here „Inhalt in Suche anzeigen“) Than restart phone

The culprit was Teams app for me. I went into the app’s settings and toggled the “clear app data” switch to on. Then I opened and closed the Teams app and my system data reduced by 135GB

When I delete video files like .mp4 or .mkv from my iPad, instead of the space being immediately released, it is being added to System Data with no change in the remaining free space. This issue has been present from when I installed iPadOS 16 beta.

I had this issue after updating the OS. In the course of backing things up to prepare for a wipe & restore, I logged on to iCloud.com with my phone connected via USB cable. As soon as I did, my phone popped up a notice that there were new terms of service for iCloud. After accepting them 30 GB of storage immediately cleared up.

Hi there,

You might have better luck asking this question over in Apple Support Communities run by Apple Support.

The app usage data presented in Settings--> General --> iPhone Storage --> {app name} does not include usage data from log files, cache and other system data that is written to disk. For example: an app showing a total of 1.5GB consumption between "App Size" + "Documents and Data" may actually be consuming much more in the "System Data" bucket.

Solution: To clear the applications writing data (logs, cache, etc) to "System Data", you will need to remove the app completely by Remove App --> Delete App & Contents --> then reinstall the application from the App Store. I was able to reclaim ~15GB of System Data by deleting Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Then reinstalling those apps.